TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1642 643 644 645 6461060 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hard Charger wrote:
Yeah I remember Larry Pearson took a vicious hit.

I was surprised he wasn't more injured after such a hit. I've actually had my current avatar since this crash happened, it's one of Larry Pearson's busch rides.

Joe4345 wrote:
Anyone else here on Reddit?

I've used reddit a few months for GTA V, lol. Checked out the nascar subreddit once and it seemed to be full of idiots.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just a lurker. I use Imgur more, but also just as a lurker.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Switching to a serious topic, Landon Cassill has found primary sponsorsip for 18 races this season and will donate 10% of his winnings to autism awareness and support to families as part of an initiative from his sponsor Fuhu. Awesome deal.

Quote:
Fuhu will serve as the primary sponsor for 18 races, starting in Las Vegas. For the primary sponsored races, the car will have Nabi Tablet branding. Fuhu sells the Nabi, an Android-based tablet for kids.

Quote:
Cassill will donate 5 percent of his winnings in every Fuhu-sponsored primary race to Nabi Inspire, Fuhu's philanthropic arm, with the mission to offer direct support for families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder and help raise awareness. Fuhu will match that donation with an additional five percent donation.

http://racing.ap.org/article/cassill-la ... onsor-2014

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Why didn't anyone ask Newman about the moon landing?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Came across this today, found it pretty ridiculous, so I thought I'd share.

If there are any die-hard Jeff Gordon fans that want a "VIP Experience" with him, be ready to shell out $600.

http://jeffgordonvip.com/

Quote:
Meet and talk with Jeff Gordon in a private exclusive area for a memory of a lifetime!
Photo opportunity with Jeff Gordon!*
Receive an autographed 2014 Jeff Gordon photo authenticated with an official hologram!
Professional VIP dedicated staff on site to assist with your experience!
*Due to the limited time for the meet and greet session, photos with Jeff Gordon may be taken in groups of 4-5 guests.
**Meet and greet with Jeff Gordon will take place one or two days before the Sprint Cup race event. Meet and greet will not take place on Sprint Cup race day due to team and sponsor commitments.
**All sales are final. No request for cancellations, changes or refunds is accepted.
** Read "Terms & Conditions" on the check-out page for more information.

I don't see anything about happy endings, which I feel like should be included for $600.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

People willing to pay that amount are crazy, especially since the all-around experience of "hunting down an autograph" (for those willing to do so) at the track, and while there's actually some racing to be seen, is just as satisfying.

The crazy part isn't the price, but the fact that they know people are nuts enough to pay it. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back in the day I used to send my racing cards in the mail in a SASE to the race shops and I would get them returned autographed. Not sure if they will still do that, but that's how I achieved all of my bigger name drivers back in the day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Underdogfan wrote:
I just realized this guys....NO TIMMY HILL?!? WTF?

New ownership, with Archie St. Hilaire partnering with Frank Stoddard, caused them to turn away from Hill's youth at GO FAS Racing and to veteran Travis Kvapil beginning at Phoenix this weekend. The reason? With the back of the field more competitive this year, in the form of 44-47 teams getting to the track each weekend, they felt an experienced driver would leave them in better position to stay up in owner points for those all-important provisional qualifying spots.

#33 Circle Sport team owner Joe Falk Tweeted that Timmy Hill, who drove the #32 Ford in 19 2013 races, will drive the #33 Circle Sport Chevy at Las Vegas Motor Speedway next weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

de31168 wrote:
Underdogfan wrote:
I just realized this guys....NO TIMMY HILL?!? WTF?

New ownership, with Archie St. Hilaire partnering with Frank Stoddard, caused them to turn away from Hill's youth at GO FAS Racing and to veteran Travis Kvapil beginning at Phoenix this weekend. The reason? With the back of the field more competitive this year, in the form of 44-47 teams getting to the track each weekend, they felt an experienced driver would leave them in better position to stay up in owner points for those all-important provisional qualifying spots.

#33 Circle Sport team owner Joe Falk Tweeted that Timmy Hill, who drove the #32 Ford in 19 2013 races, will drive the #33 Circle Sport Chevy at Las Vegas Motor Speedway next weekend.

have to love the fact that a veteran wife beater beats out young upstart racer TIMMAY HILL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:37 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Timmy Hill tears up a lot less cars than Kvapil. I think they would perform about the same, too bad their cars are junk.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To be fair, almost all of Kvapil's torn up cars from last season were because of other drivers running into him - mostly Danica.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pocono was quite funny last year in that regard.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bobby Hamilton Jr. has joined Carter 2 Motorsports to drive the No. 40 Dodge in ARCA for a full season.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:45 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

And this little piggy went ARCA ARCA ARCA all the way home...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fuck yes!

Quote:
Kurt Busch to run Indy 500 with Andretti Autosport: It has been over a decade since it was last completed, but this May NASCAR Champion Kurt Busch will endeavor to become only the fourth driver in history to contest the "Double" - competing in IndyCar's historic Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's 600-mile race in the same day. Busch will make his first career Indianapolis 500 qualifying attempt behind the wheel of an Andretti Autosport Indy car. His entry will complete a stable of five for Michael Andretti's championship winning IndyCar team. It is not the first pairing of Busch and Andretti Autosport, however, as in 2013 Busch completed a test day at Indianapolis Motor Speedway with the team and in the process passed the mandated Rookie Orientation program effectively setting the possibility of the "Double" into motion.
What lies in front of Busch is a grueling challenge, not only on the race day itself - scheduled for Sunday, May 25th when Busch will race 1,100 miles in two races, in two cities, in two totally different cars, but in practicing and qualifying his Andretti Autosport Indy car in addition to competing in three NASCAR race weekends around Indianapolis 500 activities. The 35-year old American will start the two week Indy 500 stretch in Indianapolis May 11th, fresh from the NASCAR race in Kansas. After spending the week testing the Honda-powered Indy car, Busch will log some serious air miles traveling between Indianapolis and Charlotte so he can qualify for the 500-mile race and practice and qualify for the NASCAR All-Star race and that Series' 600-mile race. In total Busch will likely make more than ten trips between the cities - the most important and time sensitive being race day. Race day will place Busch in Indianapolis in the morning for the 12:00pm/et start time of the Indianapolis 500 before he makes the trip to Charlotte for the 6:00pm/et green flag.
While the "Double" will be a new experience for Busch, it will actually be Andretti Autosport's second time participating in the feat. Robby Gordon (who along with John Andretti and Tony Stewart are the three previous drivers to contest the "Double") competed in both races in 2003, filling in at Indianapolis for an injured Dario Franchitti who at the time drove for Andretti Autosport. Busch, an advocate for and representative of The Armed Forces Foundation, will be dedicating his Memorial Day mission to those who continue to inspire him each day - the men and women serving around the world in the United States Military. Fans can show their support by texting AFF to 50555 to pledge $10 to the cause. Fans will have the opportunity to follow Busch through his action-packed month of May on AndrettiTV.com, with details coming soon. For more information visit AndrettiAutosport.com or KurtBuschDouble.com.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Indy 500 will be the first time I am not rooting for Kurt to fail.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pretty awesome how Kurt has gone and tried different disciplines. First NHRA Pro Stock and now the 500. Never thought I'd say it about Kurt but I hope he does good over there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow, I thought with Andretti going Honda that would've killed any chances for this to happen. Should be fun. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:07 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

And if he's nice to Carl Haas maybe next year he can attempt the triple too ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1642 643 644 645 6461060 Next