TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1613 614 615 616 6171059 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Awesome to see Rusty Wallace is going to drive the #2 Miller car for sprint cup testing in place of Brad K. I wonder if Rusty is going to get out there and mix it up in drafting practice too! Plus Bill Elliott is going to be in for Dale Jr in the nationwide test so he can make some laps with his son.. Also some changes coming to the points system and possible race format changes...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As a Rusty fan growing up.... that is super awesome!! Good to see it's just for testing though. I wouldn't want to see him run a race. His time has come and gone. Again though, super awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The manufacturer points is changing.

Quote:
NASCAR announced today that it has restructured its manufacturer points system for 2014, simplifying it for fans, competition and the industry, while amplifying the already passionate rivalries between each auto maker.

The new points system – which applies to all three national series – mirrors the owner championship points structure. Points will be awarded to the single highest finisher for each car manufacturer in each championship event according to the finishing position awarded for each race. Specifically, in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, points will be awarded as follows (43-1, plus bonus points). Points will be awarded in a similar manner in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (43-4, plus bonus points) and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (43-8, plus bonus points).

Three additional bonus points will be awarded to the manufacturer that wins the race. The single highest finisher for each manufacturer will receive one additional bonus point for leading a lap, and one additional bonus point for leading the most laps.

Example: In a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, if a Toyota finishes in each of the top three positions and the winning Toyota leads the most laps, and a Chevrolet finishes in fourth position without leading a lap, Toyota will receive 48 points and Chevrolet will receive 40 points.

“We have always focused on intensifying the natural rivalries between our manufacturers – both on the race track and in the showroom,” said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition and racing development. “We believe aligning the points system with the owner points will create better understanding for the entire industry, and bolster interest and excitement with our fan base, which has shown intense manufacturer loyalty throughout the sport’s history.”

At the end of the season, if two or more manufacturers have the same number of points, the manufacturers’ championship will be awarded to the manufacturer with the greatest number of first-place finishes. If there is a tie in victories, the greatest number of second-place finishes, third-place finishes, etc. will break the tie. If a tie still remains, the manufacturer having the earliest win of the current season will prevail.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
Underdogfan wrote:
So another 'rookie' in for Daytona at least gonna be at least 10 new faces running the 500...could be epic.

ALSO: I'm calling Dave Blaney to run part time (at least the restrictor plate races) in the 35 for Front Row.

I read that Dave Blaney will be running part time for a new team. Don't know what that team is.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/2 ... 9204827721

No idea if it's going to be start and park or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Huh. I was watching the 2003 Darlington race last night (you know, *that* one), and Blaney gave that 77 car a helluva run that day. By all means, there were a couple times Busch and Craven should have wrecked, and Blaney could've won.

What we ended up getting was epic, but a Blaney win would have been amazing, as well.

Also, Rusty driving again will be pretty cool, I guess. I doubt he'll be in drafting practice, but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rusty flipping again at Daytona would own.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Isn't the first day strictly single car runs?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:29 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Andre wrote:
Huh. I was watching the 2003 Darlington race last night (you know, *that* one), and Blaney gave that 77 car a helluva run that day. By all means, there were a couple times Busch and Craven should have wrecked, and Blaney could've won.

What we ended up getting was epic, but a Blaney win would have been amazing, as well.

Also, Rusty driving again will be pretty cool, I guess. I doubt he'll be in drafting practice, but I could be wrong.

Someone else watching the classic races on premier sports then? ;)

As much as that was a classic finish, Kurt bush was putting in some cheap shots to keep the lead. I'm glad he didn't win it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
As a Rusty fan growing up.... that is super awesome!! Good to see it's just for testing though. I wouldn't want to see him run a race. His time has come and gone. Again though, super awesome!

I didn't pull specifically for the guy, but always liked Rusty. Really cool that he is coming back to test at Daytona. Even though it isn't going to happen, I would love to see him run a race....in anything. Poor Chris would have to close his eyes! :lol: :p :p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Andre wrote:

Someone else watching the classic races on premier sports then? ;)

As much as that was a classic finish, Kurt bush was putting in some cheap shots to keep the lead. I'm glad he didn't win it

Nope! Just on YouTube. Actually, downloaded from YouTube, and in Windows Movie Maker... my mom is going into a pretty big surgery soon, and she won't be moving too much afterwards. I've been downloading full races from the mid-to-late 90's, early 2000's on YouTube, editing them in WMM (just the highlights) and condensing them into 20-30 minute clips for her to watch on DVD. It's been a blast doing them so far, and a great trip down memory lane!
:flag:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's really nice of you Andre. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

coolmike wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:

I didn't pull specifically for the guy, but always liked Rusty. Really cool that he is coming back to test at Daytona. Even though it isn't going to happen, I would love to see him run a race....in anything. Poor Chris would have to close his eyes! :lol: :p :p

I mean watching him race in a lower series would be fun. I hope he does drafting practice and no... I won't close my eyes :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sprint Cup Practice is currently under a rain delay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So Earnhardt Ganassi Racing is now Chip Ganassi Racing, and Penske Racing is now Team Penske.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Penske changed their name too?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This will be a very informative booth.... But extremely boring with a few GREEEEEN FLAAG!!!'s in there imo.

Quote:
Letarte Heading For TV Booth In 2015: Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will have a new crew chief in 2015. GodfatherMotorsports.com has learned that crew chief Steve Letarte will relinquish his spot atop the #88 teams pit box at seasons end to accept a new position as a television analyst with NBC and NBC Sports Network, beginning in 2015. Multiple sources say Letarte will join Rick Allen and driver Jeff Burton in the broadcast booth for the final 20 races of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, as well as the final 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series events. The network also holds rights to select NASCAR Regional Racing Series events, Mexico's NASCAR Toyota Series, the annual NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony and various post-season awards banquets. Letarte has served as crew chief for NASCARs Most Popular Driver since 2011, with one win, 24 Top-5 and 54 Top-10 finishes in 106 starts. Earnhardt finished fifth in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship standings last season, despite failing to win a race. He recorded Top-5 finishes in five of the final eight races and is expected to challenge for the 2014 title. An official announcement of Letartes new position is expected this week in Daytona Beach. Reached for comment, Letarte said, I will be the crew chief for the #88 Chevrolet in in 2014. Thats all I know right now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wonder who is the odd one out in this quote from Tony Stewart. :p

Quote:
"I think every week we have 3 drivers who can win the race. I'd be disappointed those 3 don't make the Chase"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe he means Kurt, since he's more Gene Haas' driver than Tony's. :lol:

Kidding.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think Tony is talking about his other 3 cars, not including his own in that quote. Don't try and dig up something from that quote that isn't there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The rain stopped, but looks like it will be at least 2 hours until we see cars on the track, even with the Air Titan working.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1613 614 615 616 6171059 Next