TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1601 602 603 604 6051059 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A lot of that might actually be surgery scarring.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah, I actually have the same scar on the inner and outer side of my leg.

I broke mine in motocross, the bone came out and pretty much got caked in dirt so I had to deal with infection in about the same time period Tony did.

They actually had to leave the incision open to let fluid drain out for a week, it wasn't fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Big time surgery scars don't look pretty.

Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

From good old tmz

Quote:
Kurt Busch has some advice for all you white folks wonderin' how to get your African American buddies to enjoy NASCAR -- just force 'em!!!

The racing champ was traveling at relatively low speeds around D.C. yesterday ... so we got a chance to ask him a crucial question about his sport: how do you get black people to watch it?

Check out the video for the full tutorial -- you'll be having bi-racial NASCAR parties in no time!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:21 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Apparently, Kevin Harvick's home caught fire.
Kevin Harvick, via Facebook wrote:
Tonight we were lucky thanks to these guys we still have a house!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glad that his family is OK. Belongings can be replaced, people can't.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Talladega cutting seating capacity: Talladega Superspeedway, which once boasted some of the largest crowds to see NASCAR races, will see its seating capacity reduced to approximately 80,000 seats by next season, tracks officials confirmed on Wednesday. The largest change will come from the recent demolition of the Allison Grandstands, a large swath of seats located on the backstretch of the 2.66-mile speedway which had a seating capacity this season of 18,000. In recent seasons, many of the track's frontstretch seats have been tarped over while the speedway still sold tickets - usually at lower price - for the backstretch. "The changes are simply a reflection of our current attendance trends," track spokesman Russell Branham told The Observer. "The goal will be a better fan experience and that will be entirely on the frontstretch from now on." As recently as 2007, track attendance estimates had more than 307,000 fans attending Talladega's two Sprint Cup Series race weekends. At the time, the track's listed capacity was 147,000 grandstand seats. This season, the track's listed capacity was listed at 109,000.(Charlotte Observer)(11-28-2013)

Healthy sport

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
Quote:
Talladega cutting seating capacity: Talladega Superspeedway, which once boasted some of the largest crowds to see NASCAR races, will see its seating capacity reduced to approximately 80,000 seats by next season, tracks officials confirmed on Wednesday. The largest change will come from the recent demolition of the Allison Grandstands, a large swath of seats located on the backstretch of the 2.66-mile speedway which had a seating capacity this season of 18,000. In recent seasons, many of the track's frontstretch seats have been tarped over while the speedway still sold tickets - usually at lower price - for the backstretch. "The changes are simply a reflection of our current attendance trends," track spokesman Russell Branham told The Observer. "The goal will be a better fan experience and that will be entirely on the frontstretch from now on." As recently as 2007, track attendance estimates had more than 307,000 fans attending Talladega's two Sprint Cup Series race weekends. At the time, the track's listed capacity was 147,000 grandstand seats. This season, the track's listed capacity was listed at 109,000.(Charlotte Observer)(11-28-2013)

Healthy sport

Kevin Harvick said it a few years ago... why not remove ALL the seats from Talladega, so they can remove the plates and do some real racing?

To answer my own question and Harvick's... I guess because then it wouldn't be safe for the drivers either. :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Texas is removing the backstretch seats as well, to add a giant screen.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Racefan4ever wrote:
Quote:

Healthy sport

Kevin Harvick said it a few years ago... why not remove ALL the seats from Talladega, so they can remove the plates and do some real racing?

To answer my own question and Harvick's... I guess because then it wouldn't be safe for the drivers either. :(

If you remove the seats, you can remove the fencing.

And then you can line the track with a big ballpit.

Would be a bitch to clean up after a tornado, though.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 pm 

That's an awesome suggestion.

I mean, seriously, a ball pit that big...I want a piece of that shit. I wouldn't even watch the race.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RtN wrote:
If you remove the seats, you can remove the fencing.

And then you can line the track with a big ballpit.

Would be a bitch to clean up after a tornado, though.

There's a simple solution in the event of a tornado...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can see it now, car goes over the wall into the ball pit; massive explosion of multicolored balls.

:flag:

Someone call Mythbusters.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Better yet, keep the seats, and place a bunch of cardboard cutouts in their place.

Award bonus points to any driver whose car manages to knock over/destroy the cardboard fans when said balls go flying into the stands after a wreck.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:20 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Instead of boring NASCAR fake cautions that do nothing to liven up the races:

Late race Multiball.

RELEASE THE BALLS!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

All this discussion makes me wish EA had made a legit sequel to NASCAR Rumble. (I don't count the unlicensed version they did on PS2)

EA hate aside, I wore out my Playstation playing it in my younger days. That, and Dirt 2 Daytona.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
All this discussion makes me wish EA had made a legit sequel to NASCAR Rumble. (I don't count the unlicensed version they did on PS2)

EA hate aside, I wore out my Playstation playing it in my younger days. That, and Dirt 2 Daytona.

NASCAR Unleashed kinda looked like an updated NASCAR Rumble-wannabe. I have never played it, however, so I'm not sure if it's any good.

I agree about Dirt to Daytona. That game is friggin' fantastic by today's standards (forget 2002 or 2003, or whatever), and EA only did the proper career thing (Modifieds to Cup) in the 2005 version of their series... even then, it wasn't all that great.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Remove back grandstands. Check.

Remove entire lower level of front grandstands. _____

Remove restrictor plates. _____

Profit. _____

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:

Was NASCAR Rumble the game where you unleashed tornados on people and such? If so, that game was awesome as well as NASCAR 98 with the Paintball mode.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Jeff Burton to test and drive limited schedule for MWR:

Michael Waltrip Racing announced it has contracted Jeff Burton to test and drive in a select number of races during the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup season in the #66 Toyota Camry. Burton, a 21-time winner in the Sprint Cup Series begins testing for MWR Dec. 9 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The first scheduled NASCAR Sprint Cup race for Burton will be the March 9 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. In the upcoming weeks, MWR will announce any other events added to Burton's schedule. MWR will field the #15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota Camry with driver Clint Bowyer and the #55 Aaron's Dream Machine Toyota Camry with driver Brian Vickers in 2014. Burton will test for Vickers until late January when Vickers returns from medical leave. Team Co-Owner Rob Kauffman said Burton will help MWR both on and off the track. "Michael Waltrip Racing has two teams and drivers racing for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship in 2014 and our third team will play a very important role in that pursuit," said Kauffman. "We were extremely fortunate to have a driver as experienced and respected as Jeff Burton come available. He will be able to have an immediate impact as we continue to strive for that last one percent that separates champions from contenders." Michael Waltrip will drive the #66 in the Daytona 500 on Feb. 23 as he seeks his third victory in the sport's most prestigious event.(12-2-2013)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1601 602 603 604 6051059 Next