TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1598 599 600 601 6021059 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Is that Stadium Truck series still going on?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:53 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Sucks Pastrana is leaving seeing how he's an incredibly likable personality but on the other hand, at least when he sucks at something he understands and moves on to do the things he knows how to do.

*cough cough*

Wish there were more novelty drivers that knew when to hang it... *cough cough*

damnit its dusty in here

wish more *cough cough* drive... driv... *cough cough*

dani

*cough*

paulie ha... *cough*

FUCK I CANT FINISH THIS POST

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Put me in the minority and I might be a bit biased, but I really think Travis would have done well if given another season.

Case in point: Ricky Stenhouse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 am 
Eddie Jordan

Travis needed a sponsor to continue. One wasn't found. Its a sign of the times, sadly.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

We're gonna loose Ross Chastain (whos has REALLY stepped up) cause of sponsers too. Really sad. Gonna be really short fields with even less competitive NWS and Trucks..just more wins for those fully sponsered Cup drivers. :yuk:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

zippy wrote:
Put me in the minority and I might be a bit biased, but I really think Travis would have done well if given another season.

Case in point: Ricky Stenhouse.

Ricky had a certain level of raw talent, and his problem was more about finishing races than actually running fast.

Travis struggled to maintain lead lap pace a lot of the time and still tore up a lot of equipment in the process. Travis's talent is pretty much all about being a fearless stuntman with an absurd ability to imagine and execute almost any trick. It's what makes him awesome, but it doesn't help him much at all in a stock car.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Underdogfan wrote:
We're gonna loose Ross Chastain (whos has REALLY stepped up) cause of sponsers too. Really sad. Gonna be really short fields with even less competitive NWS and Trucks..just more wins for those fully sponsered Cup drivers. :yuk:

With one race left, I only counted 16 drivers that competed in every Truck race this season. Shame that the most entertaining series is the one struggling the hardest.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speedworx wrote:
Travis needed a sponsor to continue. One wasn't found. Its a sign of the times, sadly.

Well, when you deck out your car in a loud super-flashy paint scheme that gives off the impression that you already have a sponsor, or even that you don't need a sponsor, that's going to be the end result.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Joe A wrote:
Is that Stadium Truck series still going on?

Just had a race during SEMA.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
Speedworx wrote:

Well, when you deck out your car in a loud super-flashy paint scheme that gives off the impression that you already have a sponsor, or even that you don't need a sponsor, that's going to be the end result.

That's the impression I got as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:36 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Hotdogger wrote:
Cartman wrote:
Speedworx wrote:

That and he actually does have a sponsor...it's just that Roush-Fenway is backed by the Coca-Cola Company under the NOS Energy Drink banner and Pastrana is obviously backed by Red Bull...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
Quote:
Labonte would run trucks full-time: Bobby Labonte is one of only two drivers to own championships on NASCAR's top two circuits. Should the right opportunity arise for next season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the veteran driver might be willing to make a run at the sport's triple crown. The 49-year-old Labonte hasn't yet announced any plans for next season, and admitted this weekend his phone hasn't rung as much as he'd hoped. Labonte has been a fixture at NASCAR's premier level since 1993, winning 21 races - the most recent a decade ago - as well as the 2000 championship. His preference, it seems, would be to remain in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next season. But if an offer doesn't materialize, Labonte said he wouldn't dismiss a competitive ride in the Truck Series, which is the only title at NASCAR's national level the Texas native hasn't won. "If an opportunity came (in the Truck Series) to race for a championship, that would be awesome. Again, it's not easy. I'm not saying you're going to pop in and do it. But it would be great to have that opportunity. If that can happen, heck, I'd do it, I believe, just because of the fact that I've done this for 20 years." The opportunity to claim all three national series titles seems to appeal to Labonte, as does the reduced Truck Series schedule. "It's kind of one of those things where at this point in time, you know, a Truck Series deal would be really, really nice to run 22 races," he said. "That would be something that I might not have thought about three or four years ago, but today I'm like, you know, that's probably not a bad thing." (NASCAR.com)(11-9-2013)

I really hope this happens and he gets a ride in a Turner truck, or something equally good. He deserves it, and would bring a lot of experience to a team that has nothing but newcomers.

Also, I'd rather see B-Lab be the first to win the Cup-Busch-Truck title trifecta, rather than Biffle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:30 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Trevor Bayne has multiple sclerosis

Quote:
NASCAR driver Trevor Bayne said Tuesday that he has multiple sclerosis and he does not expect it to impact his racing career.

Bayne, who in 2011 became the youngest winner in Daytona 500 history, will still compete as scheduled at Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series finales. Bayne's younger sister, Sarah, also has multiple sclerosis.

The 22-year-old Bayne was sidelined for five races in 2011 for an illness that led to hospitalization at the Mayo Clinic. Doctors ultimately called it an "inflammatory condition," and it was never made clear if it was related to an insect bite he'd suffered weeks earlier.

He underwent a spinal tap during his hospitalization, and doctors ruled out Lyme disease at the time. Bayne was initially admitted to the Mayo Clinic in 2011 for nausea, fatigue and double vision. He'd been treated weeks earlier following a race at Texas after experiencing numbness in his arm while driving, and thought the condition was related to the insect bite.

MS is a potentially disabling disease in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system, which includes the brain, spinal cord and optic nerves. Symptoms can be mild, such as fatigue, or severe, including paralysis or loss of vision. There is no cure, but treatment can help manage symptoms and reduce the progress of the disease.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/st ... nue-racing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Holy crap! That's pretty damn serious. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I was stunned to read that this morning. Hopefully he can continue to race for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Awful news. Really like Trevor. Hopefully he gets a good few more seasons in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's awful. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:
Cartman wrote:

That and he actually does have a sponsor...it's just that Roush-Fenway is backed by the Coca-Cola Company under the NOS Energy Drink banner and Pastrana is obviously backed by Red Bull...

Also doing Dodge commercials

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:02 pm 

I want Dodge back :C

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
I want Dodge back :C

Me too. Me too.........

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21169 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1598 599 600 601 6021059 Next