TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1540 541 542 543 5441059 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Am I the only one who likes the concept?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 am 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Not sure how important this is, but in this interview Asian Le Mans Series driver Jim Ka To says he's going to be racing in NASCAR in the next year or two.

http://s2mgroup.com.cn/AS_LMS_interview-Jim_Kato.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The format for Eldora is ok, it's better than just doing time trials to determine the lineup, but I wish they could have dropped the locked in rule and just went with provisionals to fill out the last couple spots. I understand why they feel they have to do it that way, but it hurts the entertainment value of the heat races with so many people guarenteed in, not to mention that it makes it more confusing to figure out who is in the transfer spot. The consi will still be pretty interesting as there will probably be a lot of good drivers that don't make it through the heats.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Starlancer wrote:
Am I the only one who likes the concept?

I'd like it a hell of a lot more if they streamlined it instead of running a shedload of stuff, with people locked in from the get go.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

yeah the locked in part sucks but it's consistant with the locked in rules.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Don't know where else to post this, but Robin Miller confirmed that "Wind Tunnel" and "SPEED Center" are getting the ax in time for the upcoming FOX Sports 1 transition on August 17th.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not surprising. Would be nice to see NBCSN pick Dave up and keep WT going.....hell, I'd love to see them get Varsha too, since LEIGH DIFFAYYYYYY is just dreadful. I can't stand the sound of his voice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That would be great if they kept WT alive and more so if they brought back the viewer call-ins that SPEED did away with last year on for some reason.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't know if I was in the minority but I reallyed liked SPEED Center. It gave me some information on other racing series' I don't normally follow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

No more Wind Tunnel? :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wind Tunnel hasn't been watchable since 2009

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I found it more watchable after they got rid of call-ins and I didn't have to fast forward through half an hour of HI DAVE I'D LIKE TO TALK ABOUT DALE JOONYER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They should of screened the calls alot better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What we need is an actual motorsports channel. Boats, air racing, old racing footage, all of it. There used to be a channel like that but it hasn't existed in about a decade.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well NASCAR has handed down penalties from this past weekend....

Quote:
NASCAR Penalties announced for three teams: Penalties have been handed down to three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series teams following last Saturday's race at Texas Motor Speedway. The #56 car was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1B (the car failed to meet the minimum front car heights during post-race inspection) of the 2013 rule book.

As a result of this violation, crew chief Chad Johnston has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until June 5. The team has also been docked six championship driver (Martin Truex Jr.) and six championship owner (Michael Waltrip) points.
The #2 and #22 cars have also been penalized. Both cars were found to be in violation of Sections 12-1; 12-4J and 20-12 (all suspension systems and components must be approved by NASCAR. Prior to being used in competition, all suspension systems and components must be submitted, in a completed form/assembly, to the office of the NASCAR Competition Administrator for consideration of approval and approved by NASCAR. Each such part may thereafter be used until NASCAR determines that such part is no longer eligible. All suspension fasteners and mounting hardware must be made of solid magnetic steel. All front end and rear end suspension mounts with mounting hardware assembled must have single round mounting holes that are the correct size for the fastener being used. All front end and rear end suspension mounts and mounting hardware must not allow movement or realignment of any suspension component beyond normal rotation or suspension travel.)

As a result of this violation and as it pertains to the #2 car the following penalties have been assessed:· Crew chief Paul Wolfe has been fined $100,000 and suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (including the non-points Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
· Car chief Jerry Kelley, team engineer Brian Wilson and team manager Travis Geisler (serves as team manager for both the #2 and #22 cars) have been suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (including the non-points Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
· The loss of 25 championship driver (Brad Keselowski) and 25 championship owner (Roger Penske) points.

As it pertains to the #22 car the following penalties have been assessed:· Crew chief Todd Gordon has been fined $100,000 and suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (including the non-points Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
· Car chief Raymond Fox and team engineer Samuel Stanley have been suspended from NASCAR until the completion of the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship points events (including the non-points Sprint All-Star Race) and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
· The loss of 25 championship driver (Joey Logano) and 25 championship owner (Walt Czarnecki) points.(NASCAR)

Quote:
Hornaday penalized for Rockingham incident: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Ron Hornaday Jr. has been penalized by NASCAR following his involvement in an on-track incident last Sunday at Rockingham Speedway. Hornaday Jr., driver of the #9 truck, was found to have violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing. Altercation with another competitor on the race track during a caution period) of the 2013 rule book. As a result of this violation, Hornaday Jr. has been fined $25,000, docked 25 championship driver points and placed on NASCAR probation until June 12.(NASCAR)(4-17-2013)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wasn't KB getting parked at Texas based on the fact that he was still on probation from the Darlington incident with Harvick?

And similarly, a few years back Harvick was parked at Martinsville because he violated probation.

So I don't think Ron should have been parked like some people suggested, and I don't think NASCAR is being inconsistent in this case.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's kind of nice that NASCAR are inconsistent in their penalties though. It's not right to just say, well, he did the same thing as example X so he should get the same penalty. I like that NASCAR looks at the implications.

In Ron's case, while he definitely overreacted, he taught a rookie a lesson that some would say was coming. In his interview, the way Wallace felt like he was completely justified in using up Ron makes me think it'll happen to him again though.

In Kyle's case, the implications of his actions were far more grave. He deliberately took out an end of the year championship contender, that too whilst running in a series he is not a regular in. His callousness reached an all time low in NASCAR's eyes and he got a stronger than usual punishment, and rightfully so.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kyle had been asking for it for awhile. nothing nascar did seemed to change his attitude till he had to sit out a race.

i'm more confused about kes not being penalized like denny was. especially since nascar went out of their way to say this about brad's comments

"That's the beauty of NASCAR," France said. "We do allow the drivers to express themselves in that way, even if they say things that we would disagree with. And I obviously disagree with everything he said."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I must have missed this, what did Kez actually say?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He basically said the 2 & 22 teams are the most honest in the garage and NASCAR were being cocks for picking on them.

He either doesn't know Penske history, or is a cock himself.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1540 541 542 543 5441059 Next