TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1539 540 541 542 5431059 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

dicksplaash wrote:
Who is Kevin Ware?

Basketball player from the University of Louisville. Broke his leg pretty badly during their game this past weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

bones stickin out n shit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:08 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did anyone catch Denny's interview?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I read that Jeffrey Earnhardt will be driving a Nationwide Car for JR Motorsports at Richmond. That's kind of cool to see that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

dr dog wrote:
Did anyone catch Denny's interview?

On the crash/injury: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9131215

On Logano: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9131223

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Are they still going on about it? I think both of them should have a long hard think about everything they did leading up to that, and Denny especially needs to get this "he wrecked me on purpose I'm the victim" shit out his head otherwise he'll be finished as a driver if he doesn't. Would Logano have done the same thing if he was fighting with Carl Edwards or Greg Biffle? maybe, or maybe he'd have cut them a little slack and not drove it in so hard - what Hamlin needs to understand is Logano drove in hard because it was Hamlin alongside him and he wanted to beat him, not because Hamlin was alongside him and he wanted to wreck him, there's a big difference between the two and listening to that interview, it gives the impression he doesn't know the difference.

The media need to stop stirring the shit as well before one of them get's seriously hurt as a result of a media-led payback campaign.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can't help but wonder what all the true old school drivers think about this shit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm surprised Denny's not in a wheelchair yelling about being paralyzed like Ricky Bobby.

Denny really is delusional if he thinks Joey purposly wrecked him on a 2 mile oval. 8O

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh Denny doing a pitty party interview... this is how many fucks I give............ 0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe4345 wrote:
I'm surprised Denny's not in a wheelchair yelling about being paralyzed like Ricky Bobby.

Denny really is delusional if he thinks Joey purposly wrecked him on a 2 mile oval. 8O

initially i didnt think joey wrecked him on purpose, but then joey pretty much said thats what he did in the postrace interview.

i still think denny should let it go, i'd certainly give him more respect for doing so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

trout wrote:
initially i didnt think joey wrecked him on purpose, but then joey pretty much said thats what he did in the postrace interview.

i still think denny should let it go, i'd certainly give him more respect for doing so.

Adrenaline is one hell of a drug....especially at the end of a 400 mile race you had all but won in the middle of 3&4 and post water bottle fight with Tony Foyt. :lol: Even Joey's radio when he crossed the finish line saying they were even now...I would have said the same thing and I bet everyone else here would too if they were in the same situation.

Fontana was just another example of the instant access the media has in this sport. Just finished the race and crashed with the other guy fighting for the win? Here, have a microphone thrown in your face.

And if the shoe was on the other foot...we all know there was no way in hell Denny would have let Joey win that race, or even finish it in 1 piece.

I still think Denny is partially responsible for his current condition since he tried to gas the shit out of the can and then realized he was heading for the danger zone and tried to slow before creaming the wall.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:35 pm 

zippy wrote:
Can't help but wonder what all the true old school drivers think about this shit.

Shut up and drive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In "Where are they now?" news, Rich Bickle is racing late models and will race the full ARCA (formerly ASA) Midwest Tour schedule this year in his final season.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I just found out that Kyle Larson will be racing the Placerville Speedway opener tonight. I'm going to see if I can get his autograph after the race too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Starlancer wrote:
I just found out that Kyle Larson will be racing the Placerville Speedway opener tonight. I'm going to see if I can get his autograph after the race too.

Did you? He's usually pretty cool about that kind of stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
Starlancer wrote:

Did you? He's usually pretty cool about that kind of stuff.

I forgot to post about it.

Yeah, autograph, handshake and photo. He was really cool (also really short tbh). I also saw him over at In-N-Out burger after the race, but I didn't feel like bugging him while he ate.

He won the race too, led every lap and no one ever really got close to him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NASCAR announces the Eldora Truck Series format
Quote:
The race will feature a traditional two-lap qualifying session, five qualifying races, one last-chance race and a champion’s provisional to determine the 30-truck starting field. The top-20 in owners’ points entering the race event will have a guaranteed starting position.

Here are additional details for each round of qualifying:

Qualifying: Two-lap qualifying determines starting position for the qualifying races

Qualifying Races: Five qualifying races Eight laps each; only green flag laps count Five trucks transfer from each qualifying race Lineup for the qualifying races based on qualifying speeds with four locked-in trucks (trucks in the top 20) The top-five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying race Highest finishing non-locked-in truck will transfer to race from each qualifying race At the completion of the qualifying races, 25 trucks will have earned spots into the feature.

Last Chance Race: 15 laps; only green flag laps count The top-four finishers will transfer to the feature and start in positions 26-29 The lineup will be based on the finish from the qualifying races Starting position No. 30 will go to the most recent past series’ champion who has not already qualified.Ifthe 30th starting position is not filled by an eligiblechampion, it will be assigned to the next highest finishing truck in the Last Chance Race.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Former Truck Series Driver Kelly Sutton was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash. This is from jayski.com

Quote:
Former driver Sutton involved in serious motorcycle crash: A man is killed and a woman is critically injured in a motorcycle crash on Veterans Highway. It happened Sunday just after 9 p.m. on Veterans Highway near Benfield Boulevard in Millersville when a 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle crashed after striking a raised cement median/barrier. The driver, 55-year-old Robert G. Wells of Crownsville, was transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, where he later died from injuries. The passenger, 41-year-old Kelly R. Sutton of Crownsville, sustained severe injuries from the crash and was transported to Baltimore Shock Trauma in critical condition. Speed and alcohol use appear to be possible contributing factors in the crash. The investigation is ongoing. Sutton has 54 career starts within trucks spanning the 2003 to 2007 seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
NASCAR announces the Eldora Truck Series format
Quote:
The race will feature a traditional two-lap qualifying session, five qualifying races, one last-chance race and a champion’s provisional to determine the 30-truck starting field. The top-20 in owners’ points entering the race event will have a guaranteed starting position.

Here are additional details for each round of qualifying:

Qualifying: Two-lap qualifying determines starting position for the qualifying races

Qualifying Races: Five qualifying races Eight laps each; only green flag laps count Five trucks transfer from each qualifying race Lineup for the qualifying races based on qualifying speeds with four locked-in trucks (trucks in the top 20) The top-five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying race Highest finishing non-locked-in truck will transfer to race from each qualifying race At the completion of the qualifying races, 25 trucks will have earned spots into the feature.

Last Chance Race: 15 laps; only green flag laps count The top-four finishers will transfer to the feature and start in positions 26-29 The lineup will be based on the finish from the qualifying races Starting position No. 30 will go to the most recent past series’ champion who has not already qualified.Ifthe 30th starting position is not filled by an eligiblechampion, it will be assigned to the next highest finishing truck in the Last Chance Race.

That's stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wat

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1539 540 541 542 5431059 Next