TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1537 538 539 540 5411059 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:00 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Cartman wrote:
The Westboro Baptist Church will protest at Kansas Speedway because Brad Keselowski didn't act like a backwoods racist homophobe like NASCAR drivers are apparently supposed to do.

Straight from the horse's asshole. Take it for what you will:
Westboro Baptist Chruch wrote:
Westboro Baptist Church will picket the Kansas Speedway, in their end-of-season words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meows meow meow meow meow meow meow I like chicken I like liver meow mix meow mix

This is all I saw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to things slightly more important, Denny has apparently apologized both for wrecking Joey, and for any "bad things" he said about him after the race.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/ ... oey-logano

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

I've said this in another forum, but I'm just gonna say it once and drop it:

It's clear that they've never read the Bible properly. If they're using it to smite people, they're no better than Brad, apparently. Sure, the Bible's full of contradictions, but remember what Jesus Christ has taught his followers to love thy neighbor, no matter how bad he or she may be. God loves everyone, even Westboro Baptist (hard to believe, but he does according to the Bible). To say that God "hates fags," or they're thankful that 9/11 happened or the Sandy Hook shootings are part of God's wrath not only makes them look bad (as intended), but it makes people like me who believe in God look like hypocrites. I can tell you for sure that 9/11, Sandy Hook shootings, and every death of a military servicemen is NOT an act of God. People die every day, that's just the way it is. It's not fair, but we work around it, no matter how much of a reality that is. But to say that God smites them is not the message they should preach. They should preach that we should love one another and say that Christ died for our sins.

I don't mean to say all that in a motorsport forum, but these guys irk me with their actions. What Brad Keselowski said about accepting a homosexual driver in NASCAR is just that, an opinion. A right opinion, I think, but an opinion nonetheless. Honestly, you can put a gay guy in a NASCAR stock car, I couldn't care less. If you're a driver, no matter the sex, orientation, whether you believe in a God, multiple gods, or no gods at all, you're fine with me. It's not who you are, it's what you do on the track (and sometimes off the track) in this business.

Now back to the business on hand.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:34 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

https://twitter.com/conniemontoya/statu ... 72/photo/1

I love this picture of JPM in totally unfamiliar surroundings :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:32 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

It's going to be harder to resist buying sheetmetal now that the cars are good looking.
This is just a bit out of my price range, thankfully.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-ROUSH-FORD ... 7a&vxp=mtr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:16 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StanV wrote:
https://twitter.com/conniemontoya/status/316356965515292672/photo/1

I love this picture of JPM in totally unfamiliar surroundings :lol:

Hey Juan, nice shirt!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Who didn't see this coming??? :lol:

Quote:
IRS probes OXYwater founders: Two local entrepreneurs who came up with an oxygen-enhanced water that landed a NASCAR sponsorship are in trouble with the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS is investigating Preston J. Harrison, a former Ohio State University football player, and Thomas E. Jackson Jr., founders of a Westerville business that makes and distributes OXYwater. An affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Columbus says that IRS agents recently seized a 2009 Cadillac, a 2009 BMW and a bank account as part of an investigation into the financial dealings of Imperial Integrated Health Research and Development at 470 Olde Worthington Rd., Suite 200. Harrison and Jackson are the founders of Imperial Integrated. The allegation is that they funneled investors' money into their personal bank accounts and into another company. As of yesterday, no charges had been filed. Possible charges, according to the affidavit, are wire fraud and money laundering. The affidavit says that Harrison, 41, of 3071 Willow Springs Court, Lewis Center, and Jackson, whose address and age were unavailable, borrowed $5 million from more than 10 people and one company to produce OXYwater beginning in 2011. The investors included several professional basketball players in Europe. A year later, the court record says, several investors became worried about where their money was going and hired a lawyer. That attorney, who is not named in the affidavit, supposedly learned that the company's tax returns grossly underestimated the amount investors had paid into the company. This month, a three-year sponsorship agreement between NASCAR's FAS Lane Racing team and OXYwater was announced. FAS Lane's #32 Ford Fusion in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series sports the company's name. Terry Labonte, Ken Schrader and Timmy Hill alternate as drivers.(Columbus Dispatch)(3-28-2013)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Incoming lawsuit by FAS Lane for non-payment in 3... 2... 1...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Like I said...shoulda got the check up front.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mark Martin will replace Hamlin in the 11.. Vickers to the 55.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dammit Mark, why did you have to miss Bristol?

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like that choice. Mark Martin should give the #11 some very good runs while Hamlin is out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe4345 wrote:
Who didn't see this coming??? :lol:

Quote:
money laundering

I had a feeling. :yuk:

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth get to be teammates again for a few weeks. Should be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I love Mark Martin but I feel this is a missed opportunity to put an up and coming young driver in a top ride.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I hope Marks able to get another win out of this opportunity.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kyle Busch to appear on a show with a title of something he needs. How ironic.

Quote:
Kyle Busch to appear on 'Anger Management': #18-Kyle Busch apparently will make fun of, of all people, Kyle Busch when he appears on upcoming episode of the FX comedy "Anger Management." According to TMZ, Busch will play himself and seek counseling from the character portrayed by Charlie Sheen, who of course isn't exactly known as the most stable person in the world. The Joe Gibbs Racing driver is one of the most polarizing personalities in the Sprint Cup Series thanks to his incredible talent, aggressive moves and an, at times, off-track surliness. Kyle Busch's wife, Samantha, posted a couple of photos of her and Kyle with Sheen on the set of the show Monday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What the fuck is going on??? :?

Quote:

UPDATE 3: Joe Gibbs Racing announces that Mark Martin will drive the #11 FedEx Toyota Camry in the Sprint Cup Series while Denny Hamlin recovers from an L1 Compression Fracture suffered during an accident on March 24 at Auto Club Speedway. "We've been real fortunate to have never been in this situation with the need to find someone to fill in for an injured driver," said J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing. "A lot goes into a decision like this but we are really pleased to have someone of the character and caliber of Mark Martin to fill in while Denny is out. Obviously we're not exactly sure how long that is going to take, but Mark's career speaks for itself and our team knows it will have the opportunity to compete for a win every week." Martin will make his first start for JGR in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Martinsville Speedway on Sunday, April 7. Martin has made one previous appearance for JGR when he started in the NASCAR Nationwide Series last March at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and finished second. "I'm happy to have this opportunity to help out JGR, FedEx and Denny," said Martin. "Hopefully I can keep those guys up front and compete for wins while Denny heals up."(Joe Gibbs Racing)(3-28-2013)

UPDATE 4: Michael Waltrip Racing announced that Mark Martin will fill in for injured Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin in the #11 Toyota Camry next weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Martin will return to the #55 Aaron's Dream Machine Toyota at Texas Motor Speedway on April 13 and resume his previously scheduled run of events with MWR for the remainder of the 2013 NASCAR Sprint cup season. As previously announced, Brian Vickers will race MWR's #55 Jet Edge Toyota Camry for MWR at Martinsville.(MWR)(3-29-2013)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:06 am 

Jenna Fryer says that Aaron's didn't approve the deal and JGR jumped the gun in announcing Hamlin's replacement.

There's your answer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1537 538 539 540 5411059 Next