TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1516 517 518 519 5201060 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm 

Maybe gave a shot to Winner Circle every month too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Question.

Why did Dick Trickle get a random start for Kenny Bernstein back in 1993? Was Brett Bodine injured or something?

http://www.racing-reference.info/owner/Kenny_Bernstein

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think Brett Bodine hurt his shoulder or ribs in a practice crash and they called on Trickle to fill in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He got injured in a practice crash for the 2nd Dover race. They address it about 6:40 in..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here's a cool picture that Leonard Wood posted on twitter.

This is the car that Tiny Lund drove to victory in the 1963 Daytona 500. On the right side door, it has Marvin Panch, the driver who was orginally going to drive the car's name on it. Panch was injured in a firey crash while testing a Masarati at Daytona. Lund pulled Panch out of the wrecked race car and the Wood Brothers ended up offering Lund a chance to drive Panch's car at Daytona and the rest is history. In this picture from left to right are Eddie, Len and Lenord Wood and Robert, Richard and Doug Yates.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Following the ESPN Motorsports Twitter account is entertaining tonight. Seems whoever is in charge of it has decided it would be fun to have arguments with its followers tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:29 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ricky Rudd and Eddie Gossage made appearance in tonight's episodes of Dallas. Ricky was name dropped several times during the two hour program.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Two Nationwide races, the spring Richmond race and fall Kentucky race, will air on ESPN News.

http://espn.go.com/racing/schedule/_/series/nationwide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

God I hope ESPN loses their rights. I'd welcome NBC back as long as Bestwick is back in the booth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Should put Mike Skinner in the car.

Quote:
Brian Keselowski Motorsports partners with Hamilton Means Racing for a shot at the 2013 Daytona 500 in the No.52 BKM/HMR Toyota!

Huntersville, NC (January 29th, 2013) Brian Keselowski Motorsports to take on another NASCAR Sprint Cup series season! The team stepped back last year to study the new motor packages and sought sponsorship to return to the track. “I want to race and race right” stated Keselowski who went on to say “If I can't do it that way, I won't do it at all”. Brian Keselowski has partnered with Kelly Owen, who is a partner in Hamilton Means Racing. “I'm excited about the opportunity to partner with Brian Keselowski and be a part of the Daytona 500. Brian has shown the same ability as his brother, 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion, Brad Keselowski but just hasn’t had the equipment to prove it. We are hoping with this partnership that we can get him the equipment he needs to be successful.” states Owen. Brian and Brad's dad, Bob Keselowski made his only ever NASCAR cup series start in the No.52 car owned by Jimmy Means Racing at Pocono Raceway in June, 1994.

Brian Keselowski Motorsports has secured and signed a primary sponsor who will be announced shortly. The team would also like to welcome associate sponsor, “Highland Wealth Advisors LLC” a company who works closely with High Net-Worth individuals to help them accomplish their Personal and Financial goals and objectives. They work with Business Owners to help grow their business to provide more income and Improve Quality Of Life. Highland Wealth Advisors LLC, offers Personalized Risk Management Assessment & customize solutions for their clients. They coordinate strategies to help create and preserve their clients' wealth and not for the government.

Support also came in droves from many loyal NASCAR Fans. Over 100 social media Keselowski fans have signed up to have their name on the BKM/HMR No.52 Toyota. Several others sponsored a little more to have a decal on the deck lid of the car. “NASCAR Fans are amazing and resourceful. They actually talked me into having them on our car and I am happy that they did. The connections I have made with my fans have been very successful and I’m grateful for each one who supports me and my team” stated Keselowski. Brian Keselowski Motorsports will continue to include fans in their racing season and continue to come up with new ways to have fans as sponsors for the team.

Major sponsorship and other associate sponsorship opportunities are still available. For more details and information, contact BKM 's public relations and marketing representative, Jen Calandrillo at Jen.BKMotorsports@gmail.com, 704-912-7916.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Been hearing some rumors amongst CWTS teams that NASCAR is planning on modifying the "COT" chassis to fit a truck template while also redesigning the bodywork for the trucks in '14 or '15. Interested in seeing how it pans out this year.

Also the Eldora race is sold out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Makes sense about the trucks. Wonder if they're gonna go for the extended cab, 6' bed look? The only time you see a regular cab, 8' bed is on a work truck.

Maybe make the extended cab like a baja/trophy truck:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe4345 wrote:
Makes sense about the trucks. Wonder if they're gonna go for the extended cab, 6' bed look? The only time you see a regular cab, 8' bed is on a work truck.

Maybe make the extended cab like a baja/trophy truck:

Current trucks look more like regular cab, short bed...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Look who's back...
Quote:
MOORESVILLE, NC (January 28, 2013)--Officials of Rusty Wallace Racing, LLC (RWR) announced today that the organization will make a return to the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS), campaigning the No. 66 Ford Mustang in a limited 2013 campaign.

At the helm of the No. 66 car will be 25 year-old Steve Wallace. Wallace, a perennial top-ten competitor in NNS competition, scored his third-straight top-ten finish in NNS points in 2011. The same year, Wallace made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut, capturing a lead-lap top-20 finish in the Daytona 500.

Backing a portion of the effort will be Charlotte, NC-based mortgage and real estate firm, Richard Tocado Companies. Tocado will serve as primary sponsor of the No. 66 Ford Mustang beginning with the May 2013 NNS event at Charlotte Motor Speedway, with additional events to be named later.

Founded in 1999, Richard Tocado Companies has a nationwide network of Realtors and loan officers dedicated not only to helping race fans save money, but also to providing them with a great mortgage and real estate experience. Fans will soon be able to take advantage of a special Rusty Wallace Racing Incentive Program, by visiting the Richard Tocado website at http://www.homewithrichard.com. The site will also include exclusive video content and giveaways featuring Rusty and Steve Wallace.

Noted team owner, Rusty Wallace, "We're really excited to have the Richard Tocado Companies on board with our team. In this economy, everyone is looking for ways to save money and Richard Tocado has done just that for a lot of folks. We're looking forward to helping race fans have a great mortgage and real estate experience.

"We're also excited about getting back to a little bit of racing. I think we all learned a lot over the last year or two and we're looking forward to having the opportunity to show it. Our goal for 2013 is to compete in 10-15 events. We're looking forward to growing our relationship with the Richard Tocado Companies and are very positive about what the future holds."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Didn't they announce the same thing last year and they ran like 1 race?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think Steve was only planning on running the spring Richmond race last year. They tried to get funding to run Indy but that didn't pan out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
Two Nationwide races, the spring Richmond race and fall Kentucky race, will air on ESPN News.

Really??? I don't get that channel. Never before have I been able to watch all of the truck races live but not all of the busch races.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dr dog wrote:
Cartman wrote:

Really??? I don't get that channel. Never before have I been able to watch all of the truck races live but not all of the busch races.

I get it, but not in HD. Wonder if they will do what they did a couple of years ago and do a simulcast on Speed?

I remember one of the Richmond Nationwide races got shipped off to Speed not too long ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
dr dog wrote:
Cartman wrote:

I get it, but not in HD. Wonder if they will do what they did a couple of years ago and do a simulcast on Speed?

I remember one of the Richmond Nationwide races got shipped off to Speed not too long ago.

that was the pink kyle busch car, iirc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:

Somehow, I doubt ESPN would want to put their race on a network that will be directly competing with them in a few months anyway.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1516 517 518 519 5201060 Next