TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1493 494 495 496 4971059 Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It also doesn't have to be NASCAR pulling NASCAR vids, such is the agreement between Youtube and the MPAA, a video containing music copyrighted to XXX could be pulled, even if the visual contents rights are owned by another party.

NASCAR also have their own channel, and have done for sometime so I doubt they'd suddenly start randomly pulling vids for no reason.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

OldAsphalt wrote:
Havn't kept up with youtube in a few months, sad to hear about de31168's situation.

From what I can tell, his situation is that he was fed up with everyone requesting that he post certain videos. He has a crapton more subscribers than I do, and I've only ever had ONE guy pester me non-stop for a video I told him I didn't have. I have blocked him, but it's quite frustrating to make people understand that, beyond YouTube, we have lives and that this is only a hobby.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ian-S wrote:
It also doesn't have to be NASCAR pulling NASCAR vids, such is the agreement between Youtube and the MPAA, a video containing music copyrighted to XXX could be pulled, even if the visual contents rights are owned by another party.

From what I've found, you don't even need music in the video's for people to start claiming copyright has been infringed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

From what I've found, you don't even need music in the video's for people to start claiming copyright has been infringed.

Exactly, BMG or something claimed one of my NR2k3 vids breached copyright, even though there wasn't even music on it - they just claimed the soundtrack was copyrighted (not to them, just copyrighted, and YT pulled the vid).

Pretty pathetic really.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

simonracer wrote:
Well, you know, TVSPND1228 had a ton of F1 videos on his channel as well, so that is more likely the reason.

His alternate account (TheRacingJungle) is still up, BTW.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Indeed it is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sterling Marlin diagnosed with Parkinsonism.

Quote:
For the past year or so, Sterling Marlin's brain would tell his right hand to complete a fine-motor task, such as cranking a boat or buttoning the collar on a shirt. And the fingers on that hand wouldn't respond.

And with time his hand began to shake.

Marlin said symptoms first began after he suffered a laceration to the knuckle on the middle finger of his right hand. The injury, he said, included nerve damage. But rather than go to the doctor he simply Super-Glued it closed.

"Cut the knuckle real bad on (my) bird finger ... I couldn't shoot a bird. Just impossible," said Marlin, reached by phone. "It wouldn't move and I thought that was the problem. But it got healed up and I said, '... Something's still wrong.' And it kept getting worse and worse and worse, so I went to the doctor to see what the hell's going on."

During that visit, Marlin said, doctors revealed that he had developed Parkinsonism.

Then the rumors started.

"I've had people say, 'Man, you got Parkinson's Disease?' I say, 'F--- naw!'" laughed Marlin in signature matter-of-fact fashion. "It's called Parkinsonism. It's associated with (Parkinson's Disease), but it's nothing-near like it. You just take the medicine and you'll be fine. It ain't no problem."

According to the Mayo Clinic's website, Parkinsonism is "any condition that causes a combination of the movement abnormalities seen in Parkinson's disease -- such as tremor, slow movement, impaired speech or muscle stiffness -- especially resulting from the loss of dopamine-containing nerve cells (neurons)."

"You'd kind of lost motor controls of your right arm, you know?" Marlin said, as if speaking about someone else. "Like, buttoning your sleeve on your shirt, you couldn't do it. You'd tell your finger to work and it wouldn't work.

"I got where I couldn't throw a football. I couldn't throw a football 10 yards and hit the side of a barn, like your release. And hell, I can throw one pretty damn good now."

The clinic's website goes on to note that "not everyone who has Parkinsonism has Parkinson's disease. Other causes of Parkinsonism can include: medications, such as those used to treat psychosis, major psychiatric disorders and nausea; repeated head trauma, such as injuries sustained in boxing; certain neurodegenerative disorders, such as multiple system atrophy and progressive supranuclear palsy; Lewy body dementia."

Marlin, who won 10 Sprint Cup races during a lengthy career, and is one of just nine men to win multiple Daytona 500s after going back-to-back in 1994 and 1995, was prescribed medicine for the condition and said, "it's like perfect now."

The initial diagnosis came months ago, and Marlin hasn't returned to the doctor for a checkup.

"I been meaning to go back and see him, but I've just been busy with these race cars," said Marlin, who is retired from Sprint Cup racing but competed this summer at Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway. "He said people got (Parkinsonism) and function with it every day. It's just a thing, you know? I hate going to doctors, but I need to make an appointment and go."

The good news is that Marlin's condition can be treated with medication. My grandfather had Parkinsons and that is something that medicine couldn't treat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That really sucks for him. :( Did not going to the doctor for the finger laceration cause this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Drew Blickensderfer replaces Mike Ford as crew chief of the #9.

Happy to see Almirola doing well, but his good runs and the shitty form of Ambrose lately is pretty much down to Petty moving Todd Parrott to the 43. Hope Drew does a better job for Marcos.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Nationwide will be going to Trois-Rivieres in 2013, with an announcement to come tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm guessing that's the Montreal date getting moved up there. TBH Mosport or Mont Tremblant would have made more sense.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:09 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

There's no Quebec tax dollars for Mosport, and I *think* Montreal and Mosport had the same promotion team.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:02 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tony Stewart might be starring in Sex Tape :lol:

http://updates.gawker.com/post/34853374 ... ve-sponges

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ha!!!!

I'm torn on whether or not I could watch it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I saw this on Jayski.

Quote:
Fire destroys garage of Sterling Marlin: A fire has destroyed three race cars and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage at a garage in Middle Tennessee owned by retired NASCAR driver Sterling Marlin. Marlin told The Daily Herald in Columbia that the fire that started Friday morning destroyed his 2,500-square-foot garage in Maury County and three cars that belonged to his son-in-law, Michael House. He said he believed that there was a leak on a propane heater and welding sparks ignited the fire. A shop worker who was inside the garage when the fire stared was treated at the scene for minor injuries. Maury County Fire Chief Mark Gandee said that crews had to work to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby buildings and fuel tanks.

Thankfully everybody is OK.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sterling's had a rough couple months

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ferrari wrote:
Tony Stewart might be starring in Sex Tape :lol:

http://updates.gawker.com/post/34853374 ... ve-sponges

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Travis Pastrana is running the full Nationwide series for Roush next year,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
Travis Pastrana is running the full Nationwide series for Roush next year,

wow, good for him. I really hope he does well. He has shown a lot more behind the wheel than I expected.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Be sure to vote today guys!

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2012/11/ ... es-townley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1493 494 495 496 4971059 Next