TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1471 472 473 474 4751059 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
That 21 Ford looks pissed... I love it

Now that I see the angry face, I can't unsee it. And it is awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There is another Irvan in racing. This is from jayski.com

Quote:
•Ernie Irvan's son wins a title: Third generation racer Jared Irvan capped off a great week of racing in is his #28 Ernie Irvan Racing Race2Safety USAC Ignite Midget by capturing the 2012 USAC Ignite Eastern Swing Points title. The Midland, NC native picked up a win at Ace Speedway in the 30 lap main event on August 3rd. He began the week with two runner-up finishes at Concord Motorsports Park in twin 50 lap features and finished with a 6th place run at Hickory Motor Speedway on Saturday night to garner the most points over the four events. "It was a great week", said Jared. "I can't thank my mom and dad (Kim and Ernie Irvan) and sister Jordan enough for their support along with my crew chief Ryan Scott. I have a great race car every event and feel like we can challenge for the win in every race" Irvan also leads the USAC Ignite Midget Eastern Points going into this weekend's long trip to Plymouth Speedway (IN) on August 10th and Grundy County Speedway (IL) on August 11th. Jared will battle against his Eastern rivals and the best of the Midwest on two tracks that he has never seen. "Jared is doing a great job adjusting to new tracks that we visit," said 1991 Daytona 500 winner and dad Ernie Irvan. "This weekend will be our biggest challenge to date as we not only head to racetracks we have never raced at but go into the backyard of the Midwest USAC Ignite Midget racers".(PR)(8-10-2012)

Ernie Irvan posted a photo of Jared in victory lane after his win at Ace Speedway and his car is painted like the car Ernie drove at Robert Yates Racing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hah, so uncomfortable to watch that. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

anyone happen to know of a speed tv stream that is online during the weekdays?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sounds like Marty almost forgot Dale Jarrett's name as well after a slight pause. Very Awkward.

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:02 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

That was awkward.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Some pics from the pits at the Monterrey Historic Festival at Laguna Seca taken by Mike Joy

Two former Buddy Baker cars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd sex all those cars.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They probably wouldn't be attending any festivals after that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Really not sure if this was the thread it was discussed in, but someone posted pictures of Johanna Long and claimed she was hot. I vehemently disagreed, especially given the choice of photo someone posted of her.

Well, I take those words back. I can't post anything due to being at work, but her Twitter pics have proved she's damn cute.

These words, they taste funny as I eat them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Memy Selfandi wrote:
Beaver Dragon wrote:
johanna long is so fucking hot.

Um, I don't see it...

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ya shes really cute

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

she's cute and .......... cute > hot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

[quote="FHgrad99"]Some pics from the pits at the Monterrey Historic Festival at Laguna Seca taken by Mike Joy

that thunderbird
fap fap fap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thunderbirds were always great looking racecars. Loved the 96-97s

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:37 am 

Jayski.com wrote:
Canadian race-car driver Jacques Villeneuve has torn a strip off Danica Patrick as he prepares to take to the track that bears his father's name for the NAPA 200 race Saturday in Montreal. Villeneuve, who knocked Patrick out of the Road America race on June 23 and later said he "didn't care," told QMI this week the sport's golden girl gets favourable treatment because she's a woman. Villeneuve said he was lambasted by other drivers, including Patrick, after bumping her out at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin. The Quebec-born racer had been knocked off the track in the same race by Michael McDowell and nobody so much as raised an eyebrow, he said. Asked if there's an unwritten rule that drivers shouldn't touch Patrick, Villeneuve didn't mince words. "If it hadn't been Danica, no one would have said anything," the Penske Racing pilot told QMI Agency on the eve of practice at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. "It's never her fault. When Danica knocks out another driver, it's the fault of the driver who was knocked out, and when a driver knocks out Danica, it's the other guy's fault. That's part of the game, I guess." (Slam Sports)(8-17-2012)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SpeedMaster14 wrote:
Jayski.com wrote:
Canadian race-car driver Jacques Villeneuve has torn a strip off Danica Patrick as he prepares to take to the track that bears his father's name for the NAPA 200 race Saturday in Montreal. Villeneuve, who knocked Patrick out of the Road America race on June 23 and later said he "didn't care," told QMI this week the sport's golden girl gets favourable treatment because she's a woman. Villeneuve said he was lambasted by other drivers, including Patrick, after bumping her out at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin. The Quebec-born racer had been knocked off the track in the same race by Michael McDowell and nobody so much as raised an eyebrow, he said. Asked if there's an unwritten rule that drivers shouldn't touch Patrick, Villeneuve didn't mince words. "If it hadn't been Danica, no one would have said anything," the Penske Racing pilot told QMI Agency on the eve of practice at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. "It's never her fault. When Danica knocks out another driver, it's the fault of the driver who was knocked out, and when a driver knocks out Danica, it's the other guy's fault. That's part of the game, I guess." (Slam Sports)(8-17-2012)

A bit like continually doing nothing with great rides you've gotten because you won a world championship 15 years ago and haven't won a raffle since eh?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:59 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Philthy82 wrote:
SpeedMaster14 wrote:
Jayski.com wrote:

A bit like continually doing nothing with great rides you've gotten because you won a world championship 15 years ago and haven't won a raffle since eh?

I know he's not the most talented driver out there, but he sure adapted to the nationwide cars a hell of a lot faster than Danica and was challenging for wins with barely any stock car experience while its taken Danica nearly 2 full years of nonstop stock car experience to occasionally challenge for wins. Despite his incompetence in F1 after his championship year, he's still in another league than Danica in terms of actual speed, at least on road courses. As for his comments, I believe he is right on the money. Although the media plays a huge part in how she is viewed, in the past she brought this image on herself by continually having tantrums and whining about someone or something every time a microphone was put in her face. I respect how she has stayed in her car and avoided interviews for the most part after crashes this year, but I believe the damage has been done and the media will continue to over hype her and find someone else to blame when she screws up. Saying that, I do respect her as a driver and I like that she has been improving and hope she does well, but I hope she never wins a nascar race, because I know ESPN will make sure we never hear the end of it until everyone in the world and their mom know about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

word

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1471 472 473 474 4751059 Next