TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1454 455 456 457 4581059 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

FOX would probably mount it at a crooked angle on the chest in keeping with the rest of their Hollywood mantra.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
FOX would probably mount it at a crooked angle on the chest in keeping with the rest of their Hollywood mantra.

heheh Their new onboards need work as well. It's nice to see it mounted back behind the driver like it used to be, but if it could be lowered a smidge, it would be perfect.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

heheh Their new onboards need work as well. It's nice to see it mounted back behind the driver like it used to be, but if it could be lowered a smidge, it would be perfect.

Yea, while I was definitely pleased to see it in the first place (on Burton's car) I hoped it'd be lowered once they realized how high up it was but sadly, the same mistake was repeated when it was placed in Truex's car. Only got to see it for a few seconds in the entire 600 mile coverage too. A lot of the boredom of the spaced out parade that passes for racing these days can be improved upon by atleast showing extended multi-lap onboard footage which is always entertaining to watch but FOX don't even do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:33 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Sears Poin-er, Infineon Raceway, is no referred to as such.

I guess it's now just called "Sonoma".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andre wrote:
Jayski wrote:
Taylor Earnhardt gets married: Taylor Nicole Earnhardt and Brandon Samuel Putnam were married on the 26th of May, 2012 at the Earnhardt Estate in Mooresville, North Carolina. Earnhardt, 23, is a professional rodeo competitor and devotes herself to supporting the Dale Earnhardt Foundation, a charitable organization that is dedicated to children, education and wildlife preservation. She is also the Director of Equestrian Development for Dale Earnhardt Incorporated. She is currently studying in equine business, reproduction and training to use in her future endeavors. She is the daughter of Dale and Teresa Earnhardt of Mooresville, North Carolina. Her father, seven-time NASCAR Champion Dale Earnhardt, was the co-founder of Dale Earnhardt Incorporated. Her mother Teresa is the co-founder and current CEO of Dale Earnhardt Incorporated based in Mooresville, North Carolina. Putnam, 25, is the owner of Hi Tech Incorporated, a grading and trucking company in Charlotte, North Carolina. He also competes in rodeo professionally and is an avid hunter. He graduated from Central Piedmont Community College and received a degree in Fire Science. He is the son of Sam and Julie Putnam of Charlotte, North Carolina. His father Sam is a retired landscape and grading company owner and CEO, and his mother Julie is an accountant and financial manager for several grading and land care companies in Charlotte, North Carolina.(5-30-2012)

Well, now I feel old.

We're a long way from Theresa holding her in her arms on the final lap at Daytona in '90, only to have her burst into tears shortly after.

I would of married her and took her last name.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sandeep Banerjee wrote:
Andre wrote:
Sandeep Banerjee wrote:

Yea, while I was definitely pleased to see it in the first place (on Burton's car) I hoped it'd be lowered once they realized how high up it was but sadly, the same mistake was repeated when it was placed in Truex's car. Only got to see it for a few seconds in the entire 600 mile coverage too. A lot of the boredom of the spaced out parade that passes for racing these days can be improved upon by atleast showing extended multi-lap onboard footage which is always entertaining to watch but FOX don't even do that.

I believe the camera mounting points are "approved" by NASCAR before the season starts and they can't be adjusted until the next off season, the only time they can use different position is in non-points races, so you're stuck with that crap view until next year.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
I believe the camera mounting points are "approved" by NASCAR before the season starts and they can't be adjusted until the next off season, the only time they can use different position is in non-points races, so you're stuck with that crap view until next year.

I think that might apply for exterior cams only though? We've seen new interior cams introduced quite often during the season, like Mark's face cam at Fontana or the Burton/Truex shoulder cam discussed above as well as the Menard shoulder cam that was used at Kentucky last year (sadly never used again).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bit of a random question guys. If I wanted to buy some Nascar models, where would be the best place to get them, considering I live in the UK?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

eBay seems like a good source.

To clarify, do you mean models that you paint and assemble or die-cast replicas?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I mean die-cast replicas.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well the store on NASCAR.com has a pretty extensive and varied selection. I would imagine they'll ship to Europe but I can't say it with certainty.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks. I'll check it out the store the now and do a bit of investigation work.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kart99 wrote:
Bit of a random question guys. If I wanted to buy some Nascar models, where would be the best place to get them, considering I live in the UK?

what drivers are you looking for.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I tend to go by how much I like the scheme rather than specific drivers. For example, I love the 24 Dupoint scheme:

So would probably go for that. I would also be inclined to purchase something like Jeff Burton's 2012 scheme as I think that is cracking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Try eBay yet?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ebay is looking as a good shout actually and there is free delivery with a lot of the stuff, so looks like thats my best option.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kart99 wrote:
I tend to go by how much I like the scheme rather than specific drivers. For example, I love the 24 Dupoint scheme:

So would probably go for that. I would also be inclined to purchase something like Jeff Burton's 2012 scheme as I think that is cracking.

damn, okay, cause im looking to sell some things.

including a dario busch car.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gordon's schemes keep getting worse imo. They need to go back to the Rainbow Warrior scheme, in its original, unaltered form, and call it good for the remainder of his career.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think they've maintained a pretty evenly high quality actually, and they haven't changed them too much. The old rainbow scheme is special but mostly for the nostalgia factor. I'm actually kind of tired of designers resorting to retro schemes just to play it safe and play the nostalgia card, instead of coming up with something imaginative.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

imaginative usually equals shit in this day and age

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1454 455 456 457 4581059 Next