TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1967 968 969 970 9711059 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'll give it a few races before deciding how shyte it is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dan Belcher wrote:

That's decent news. There's no point of having 4 different bodies in 4 series that are actually on the same level, ladder-wise

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:48 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The thing about the state of NASCAR is, even if it leads to shitshow at 1.5 Milers where they run around in a pack that can't do anything and wreck more, because of how dire the racing has been for the last few years, that'll almost be an IMPROVEMENT

Take the road course race at Charlotte last year. It was yakkity sax, borderline french farce of a race once they got down to Wreckin and more wrekin at the end, but at least it wasn't as goddamn dull as a usual cookie cutter race there, where they'd have to find any excuse under the sun to throw a yellow late on in the race because of how much nothing was going on....

It'll be artificial, it'll be terrible, it won't be as much fun as if they do what they should do (but for some reason always resist giving us no matter what, IE MORE POWER and LESS DOWNFORCE) but at least it won't be a 3 hour parade every sunday

Well, not for the first few races anyway, until the teams figure out their tricks and work out how to give us a single file parade that's a hell of a lot slower than it was (and probably with 1 team absolutely dominating early on because they've worked out something no-one else has...)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:
Dan Belcher wrote:

That's decent news. There's no point of having 4 different bodies in 4 series that are actually on the same level, ladder-wise

Way more than just body differences between those 6 series as chassis is different across all but for K&N / ARCA. Pinty's (CASCAR) and Mexico has always been it's own thing. Euro is loosely based on the original CASCAR model but with various changes.

A interchangeable car is a good goal to have (as it was in the 80's and early 90's for most of NASCAR's national tours where you could run a Cup car in ARCA, Winston West or in Australia - or a Busch Grand National car in Busch North) - it's just how they plan on implementing is key. It could hurt Pinty's & K&N West pretty badly if implemented wrong as both are hanging by a thread with lower car counts. Most of the teams & drivers either switched to other series due to high costs & low purses (APC in terms of eastern Canada, SRL or local tracks) or shut down / retired.

Personally, I think it would be a big shame if NASCAR scrapped the current style cars used in Pinty's though. if anything the other fendered tours should be more like that (as the racing product is the best of the fendered series - both national & regional). If anything the Pinty's cars with more horsepower & without the added skirts / quarters would be great I think. I assume the current K&N / ARCA platform will be the starting point tho with Gen6 chassis carried down from the Cup / NXS side when both change over to a new chassis in 2021+

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

movingunit wrote:
SB83 wrote:
trout wrote:
this is exactly the kind of racing that allowed jj to win so many cups. watch him have a resurgence this yr

Quite the opposite. JJ was at his best when the cars struggled for grip with lots of power and much less downforce. Just google some of his Busch/Xfinity starts and you'll see how well he does in low power/high grip cars (clue: not good at all).

Exaclty. The thing that helped Jimming the most was figuring out the chase, but these cars were very far from the crap today.

gonna have to disagree. look at his cup history and the gen cars he dominated in, then watch his dominance fade with the lower downforce packages. he used to be able to save a car that was completely sideways, but recently he's spun out much more often on his own.

i'm not gonna bet on it 'cause i dumped all my money into my engine rebuild, but if jimmy has a return to form we'll know who was right

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FOX Sports will no longer televise practice sessions on Fridays before 3pm EST effective immediately. All sessions prior to that time will be streamed on NASCAR.com

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass/lat ... schedule-3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

When is NASCAR going to build a 3rd restrictor plate superspeedway? That'll attract a fuck ton of fans

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zenjoltis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd cream my pants if they were to build a real life zenjoltis. Then again, it'll prolly just end up a single file shit show.

But seriously why the hell doesn't NASCAR run some different tracks and change it up a bit.

Add a Road Atlanta race - It's a great track located in Georgia so all the redneck fans are in driving distance. Plus, people like fast road courses like Watkins Glen.

Then add Thunderhill Raceway Park and Virginia International Raceway (They already do testing there anyway). Shit, throw in Barber Motorsports Park or any of the other available road courses that would be bad ass. Take out several of the stupid ass tracks like Vegas, Kansas, Chicagoland or reduce them down to 1 race a year.

Build that damn 3rd restrictor plate track OR build a newer, exciting oval that we haven't seen yet. A 2.25 mile high banked oval or some shit. And make the races SHORTER. These 500 mile races are way too long sometimes and they just drag the fuck out and only get exciting at the end if at all. Or split the races into 2 separate heats and make the win worth it. OR make it so the winner is the only person who takes a monetary prize.

Point is mix it the hell up. Wheres the creativity and the balls in this sport

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

One point of contention: 500-milers wouldn't seem as long if the cars weren't shitty, downforce-diseased turds.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

For what it's worth, members of NASCAR's Fan Council recently received a comprehensive survey regarding changes to the Cup schedule, and it sounds like nothing was left off the table. From what I've gathered through Twitter/Reddit, some topics included:

- Cutting the number of races a season
- Shortening race distances
- The option of running Cup races on a weekday
- Indycar-style doubleheaders
- Changes to the All-Star Race. One option was to schedule the event between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs. This also includes shuffling the race to a different track every season
- New tracks. Reported options available included Iowa, Road America, Eldora, Road Atlanta, and Mosport. Street circuits were also discussed, though no specific ones were named

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:14 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cartman wrote:
For what it's worth, members of NASCAR's Fan Council recently received a comprehensive survey regarding changes to the Cup schedule, and it sounds like nothing was left off the table. From what I've gathered through Twitter/Reddit, some topics included:

- Cutting the number of races a season
- Shortening race distances
- The option of running Cup races on a weekday
- Indycar-style doubleheaders
- Changes to the All-Star Race. One option was to schedule the event between the end of the regular season and the start of the playoffs. This also includes shuffling the race to a different track every season
- New tracks. Reported options available included Iowa, Road America, Eldora, Road Atlanta, and Mosport. Street circuits were also discussed, though no specific ones were named

Pretty much checks off all the things I mentioned. I really hope they can pull their head out of their asses and make some major changes to the sport. It'd be nice to see NASCAR be exciting again.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:22 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wreckinturn4 wrote:
zenjoltis
Home of the My Dixie Wrecked 500...

Sent from my Umidigi One Max using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Doesn't sound like Zippy is going to be running Las Vegas, thanks to the hauler driver. According to Zippy's social media, leaving the track in Atlanta, the hauler driver tried to go through a tunnel that was 2 feet shorter than the height of the truck. The team's Vegas truck was being used as the backup truck for Atlanta, so it was in the front part of the hauler. The impact caused their Atlanta truck to get loose and run into the Vegas truck and banged it up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

you gotta be shitting me, lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rockingham Speedway, and Rockingham Dragway to receive a $8 million from the State of North Carolina for upgrades. Total cost of the project for both tracks is around $11.5 million, which will be used to help the venue become a full-blown entertainment complex & to bring the track up to current standards. The oval track will see a repave, and there has been rumors about dirt being laid down at Little Rock also
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/03/07 ... to-racing/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:25 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

racer612008 wrote:
Rockingham Speedway, and Rockingham Dragway to receive a $8 million from the State of North Carolina for upgrades. Total cost of the project for both tracks is around $11.5 million, which will be used to help the venue become a full-blown entertainment complex & to bring the track up to current standards. The oval track will see a repave, and there has been rumors about dirt being laid down at Little Rock also
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/03/07 ... to-racing/

wow, that is great news

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:33 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

The one track where a repave isn't a big deal. It would still be a mighty challenge.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:39 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

So long as they keep the back straight wall at flipping angle it'll be tast

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1967 968 969 970 9711059 Next