TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 911 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3146 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

maclauren wrote:
micha wrote:
to be honest, one of the selfies of him look very fake. Like someone took a cutout of him and posted it over a blurry background.

Bokeh effect.

still looks poorly photoshopped as they added 2 pictures together. See the one labeled photo-2.jpg in the collage posted earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:31 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

what a clownshow :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
Omega wrote:
What I think I am seeing is a married man flirting with someone else? Not even that dirty? Or am I missing something?

Not exactly something to get sued or fired over. Worst case, he´ll get dumped by his wife

Sometimes companies have policies that forbid relationship between colleagues or people within a certain hierarchy. In another cases the these relationships are allowed but they need to be disclosed to HR. Or maybe the person could plead she was not comfortable to reject his approaches due to the power dynamic that lies in the relation.

In any case, it is terrible for Red Bull that this story went out while developing. Someone conveniently leaked the investigation was happening and then leaked the evidence.

And anyway, it does not look good on him, and tarnishes his reputation. Being a married man and fucking around with a subordinate looks too weak. And I really feel sorry his family that ends up being exposed like that.

I reckon it's something like this. Consensual or not, perhaps Red Bull has a policy like this. A few years back the CEO of Intel had to step down because a relationship with an indirect subordinate was outed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes mentally just too much for Horner. Put yourself in his shoes. How would you cope psychologically with this kind of situation, or be able to focus on your work? I would have to call in sick and go to live in some cottage near a lake for 6 months.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

:lol:

I'm married and I have direct reports who are women. I cannot imagine what behaviour of mine could ever be interpreted, misconstrued, or even twisted into sexual harassment. It's not difficult, people. You have to be extra respectful with boundaries, and extra-professional when in position of power over someone (and no, I don't avoid getting into elevators when we're speaking/walking one-on-one). Which most of the time, really just amounts to truly respecting the people around you in general.

So, sorry, I cannot put myself in his shoes really. Just an unimaginable situation because it's outside my values and the way I lead my life. So yeah, I'm gonna turn the tables around: such things mostly happen to men who are looking for them.

Last edited by Coldtyre on Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Coldtyre wrote:

I'm married and I have direct reports who are women. I cannot imagine what behaviour of mine could ever be interpreted, misconstrued, or even twisted into sexual harassment. It's not difficult, people. You have to be extra respectful with boundaries, and extra-professional when in position of power over someone (and no, I don't avoid getting into elevators when we're speaking/walking one-on-one). Which most of the time, really just amounts to truly respecting the people around you in general.

So, sorry, I cannot put myself in his shoes really. Just an unimaginable situation because it's outside my values and the way I lead my life.

We have a saying here that is "Don't eat the meat where you earn your bread", which I think is pretty adequate for this sort of scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

amq55 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

So, sorry, I cannot put myself in his shoes really. Just an unimaginable situation because it's outside my values and the way I lead my life.

We have a saying here that is "Don't eat the meat where you earn your bread", which I think is pretty adequate for this sort of scenario.

Don't dip your pen in the company's ink, in ENglish

IN French we say: don't go to the bakery with a baguette. Oh no wait, that's for not taking your wife when you go to the dance club

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
I'm married and I have direct reports who are women. I cannot imagine what behaviour of mine could ever be interpreted, misconstrued, or even twisted into sexual harassment. It's not difficult, people.

You can't expect all people be perfect. People make mistakes, are immature, get led by their emotions etc. That doesn't make a person vile. It's just human. I am no perfect, nor I expect others to be. The question is, what is an adequate punishment for the lapse of moral character? Or should there be a punishment? If nothing illegal has happened, then the person should be free to go on. The core of western values is that punishment shouldn't be treated as a revenge. Even a murderer or rapist must be given a second chance after serving the punishment. If one doesn't agree with this, well, there many non-western cultures where lynching is still commonplace.

I'm not talking about Horner's case, because I don't know what the case is.
EDIT: Just to clarify. I tend to judge people as a whole, not by a single act. If a person has been 100% good (=saint level) but then makes one drunken mistake, he's still been 99,999% good. I'm sure Horner is not a bad person and doesn't deserve to be treated like one...unless they find sex slaves from his cellar. :p

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

amq55 wrote:
"Don't eat the meat where you earn your bread", which I think is pretty adequate for this sort of scenario.

Coldtyre wrote:

IN French we say: don't go to the bakery with a baguette. Oh no wait, that's for not taking your wife when you go to the dance club

In Australia (and other places probably) we have the much more charming "Don't shit where you eat"

Also have any of these messages been proven to be real? Are we all still in the alleged category, otherwise our joking about it just lets whoever's trying to knock him off win.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
amq55 wrote:
"Don't eat the meat where you earn your bread", which I think is pretty adequate for this sort of scenario.

Coldtyre wrote:

In Australia (and other places probably) we have the much more charming "Don't shit where you eat"

Also have any of these messages been proven to be real? Are we all still in the alleged category, otherwise our joking about it just lets whoever's trying to knock him off win.

I do think if the messages were fake, Horner or Red Bull would have come out saying that, which they haven't.

I don't think Toto or Zac are helping things - they should know that grievances are meant to be confidential and none of thesw leaks should have happened

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Having read all of them (I had a busy Friday at work) they seem pretty realistic to me. A few industry names mentioned, just the right level of cringe to the flirting befitting a man in power who clearly hasn't got game, etc. The least convincing part are the photos, but overall I'm buying it at the moment. If it is true I'm wondering who the "that's sexual harassment" message is, and whether they were the leaker.

Also, if true this is a terrible look for Red Bull. Curious what they plan on doing to get clear of this after apparently giving a workplace sexual harasser the thumbs up, or if they'll just bury their head in the sand and hope people forget.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:37 am 

Why are the images of the messages such shit quality? Surely if this was supposedly the evidence that "exposed the truth" then you would make sure that it was as clean and legible as possible.

However, if they were decent, that would mean people could analyse them and interrogate them in much greater detail. And if they have been fabricated, then that's what you don't want. So you make them look like shit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ZeroX wrote:
Why are the images of the messages such shit quality? Surely if this was supposedly the evidence that "exposed the truth" then you would make sure that it was as clean and legible as possible.

However, if they were decent, that would mean people could analyse them and interrogate them in much greater detail. And if they have been fabricated, then that's what you don't want. So you make them look like shit.

That's one's here aren't shit quality

Philthy82 wrote:
Warning: potentially NSFW (though I'm pretty sure it's a finger)

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Having read all of them (I had a busy Friday at work) they seem pretty realistic to me. A few industry names mentioned, just the right level of cringe to the flirting befitting a man in power who clearly hasn't got game, etc. The least convincing part are the photos, but overall I'm buying it at the moment..

Yea I tend to agree with you here, although I would imagine Horner would have more game tbh (he married one of the most desired people of the 90's)

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I read them and was like "Seriously? He should be fired for the absolute woefulness of the texts." They read like a fourteen year old learnt on how to flirt on the internet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A powerful and wealthy man will be so desired that he doesn't need to have game and it surely will weaken with time. We the regular Joes are the ones who need better game

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ñow Jos wants Horner out. https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horn ... /10582527/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:41 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Philthy82 wrote:
ZeroX wrote:
Sorry I still can't read that properly, thank you though.

Warning: potentially NSFW (though I'm pretty sure it's a finger)

Google Drive to Survive...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:13 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:

Bit rich of that wife and girlfriend beater saying "He is playing the victim, when he is the one causing the problems". Well Joss, you can always tell your son to go elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:28 am 

I wonder how much he was paid to make that statement.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 911 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3146 Next