TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1644 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
He (Albon) deserves a second shot though. But I also fear he is the kind that does well in the likes of Williams but falters in the top teams

A Giancarlo Fisichella Mk2 perhaps? Though to be fair to Albon his Red Bull stint was in his second year and he wasn't exactly screaming WDC in his first. I'm sure he would give it a better shake the second time round.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:
micha wrote:
He (Albon) deserves a second shot though. But I also fear he is the kind that does well in the likes of Williams but falters in the top teams

A Giancarlo Fisichella Mk2 perhaps? Though to be fair to Albon his Red Bull stint was in his second year and he wasn't exactly screaming WDC in his first. I'm sure he would give it a better shake the second time round.

It's still a poisoned chalice tbf

He'll do a better job of Perez but he won't be allowed to do anything more

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why do people think Perez did a bad job? Or to phrase it differently, why do people think other guys would do a better job than Perez?
Gasly, Kvyat, Albon all looked promising in midfield cars but didn´t shine in the Red Bull. At least Perez was a regular podium guy with even some wins. He often didn´t finish where you expected a Red Bull to finish, but I´m not sure why someone else would suddenly be that much better than him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:52 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Omega wrote:
Why do people think Perez did a bad job? Or to phrase it differently, why do people think other guys would do a better job than Perez?
Gasly, Kvyat, Albon all looked promising in midfield cars but didn´t shine in the Red Bull. At least Perez was a regular podium guy with even some wins. He often didn´t finish where you expected a Red Bull to finish, but I´m not sure why someone else would suddenly be that much better than him.

Because with that car the least he should be doing is finishing 2nd to Max every week, and he had a huge slump in the summer when he wasn't even making Q1 with no real extenuating circumstances as to why...

Even Ricciardo in that seat would've done better than that, slump or not, pissed off at not being able to race max or not, bad habits from Mclaren or not...

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the only sense in hiring Albon is to prevent Mercedes to pick him up (and eventually defeat Red Bull)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Albon explains in this interview why drivers tend to fall apart during the season when facing Verstappen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Meanwhile, Toto has come out saying that Lewis was always going to leave at the end of 2025. He may just be covering his ass but I guess Lewis just got bored with Mercedes, hence why he preferred a shorter deal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
I think Albon gets some credit from 2 years of performing well in the Williams (albeit against rookie teammates), Perez doesn't have that recent pedigree, and most of his strong midfield performances were from good tyre management rather than outright pace.

My instinct is that a mentally strong Albon is faster than a mentally strong Perez and Albon has a better chance of being more resilient at his 2nd go in Red Bull

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:16 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Though according to Red Bull, none of that is true and it's just Albon's management floating the idea in order to pique Mercedes interest....

The Game is afoot atm eh

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've seen the Red Bull social channels posting A LOT about Vettel recently, and even Vettel's Insta was posting something suggestive 8O 8O

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But I thought Seb wanted to save the planet or something….

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seb the blown diffuser world champion, who managed to set the biggest winning streak right when Pirelli changed the tires to suit his car

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:

Perez did start well in Red Bull, but in the last two thirds of last season his performance started dropping dramatically. He is still doing better than the other drivers you mentioned, but he seems as mentally broken as them.

And in Albon's case he was promoted way too early, and managed to show dramatic improvements outside Red Bull and created a strong case in his favor now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Juihi wrote:
I've seen the Red Bull social channels posting A LOT about Vettel recently, and even Vettel's Insta was posting something suggestive 8O 8O

What was he wearing? 8O

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Horner is being investigated internally for inappropriate behaviour towards a colleague.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If it's something sexual, he will be cancelled. If it's non-sexual, then no one cares. That's my knowledge of the world we live in today.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

whatever it is, if he gets away unscathed then Red Bull will cement its path towards being the evil forces of the championship

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
If it's something sexual, he will be cancelled. If it's non-sexual, then no one cares. That's my knowledge of the world we live in today.

Are you using "cancelled" tongue-in-cheek? Or is firing people for sexual harrassment suddenly an issue nowadays?

It's perfectly normal that sexual is punished more immediately and harshly than other types of harrassment, which can be dealt with internally with a reprimand and some observation period. It's nothing to envy to the days before "the world we live in today".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
JJ wrote:

Are you using "cancelled" tongue-in-cheek? Or is firing people for sexual harrassment suddenly an issue nowadays?

It's perfectly normal that sexual is punished more immediately and harshly than other types of harrassment, which can be dealt with internally with a reprimand and some observation period. It's nothing to envy to the days before "the world we live in today".

Dunno. 20 years ago you could slap your secretary on the ass and get away with it, today you can get punished for harrassment for giving her a kiss on the cheek at the Christmas party.

But before we discuss todays ethics, let´s first wait and hear what Horner is actually being accused of.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

20 years ago slapping your secretary on the ass got your ass fucking fired. You have to go back a lot farther than 2004 for that behavior to be acceptable.

I believe what @JJ meant by canceled was, if it's reported as he's being accused of anything sexual, he'll be cancelled whether it is proven he did anything or not. If you are accused of sexual harassment (or worse) you are guilty until proven innocent in the court of public opinion.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1644 Next