TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:30 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Larson finished 14th despite his car driving sideways 1,5 hour ago :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Apparently Kimi gets a 30sec penalty for cutting the esses :slaphead:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:00 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Nothing ruins a perfectly good race like some tacky cautions at the end for the sake of bunching the field up for the shoehorned "game 7 moments", no matter how legitimate the reason for cautions are (they all were).

Then NASCAR just letting things go because they can't be bothered anymore.

It's time that the GWC/overtime gimmick comes to an end. Matter of it, get rid of it 5 years ago. It does nothing but frustrate everyone involved.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A side benefit of guest drivers, you actually get interviews with drivers who understand this isn't normal or good:

Not that this sort of interview would actually be run by the broadcaster.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:
A side benefit of guest drivers, you actually get interviews with drivers who understand this isn't normal or good:

Not that this sort of interview would actually be run by the broadcaster.

Yep, Jenson was pretty scathing too:

Also interesting that he had to stop for a drink, he was so out of shape.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know he hasn't raced anything for a few years, but thought he'd still be fairly fit. Makes you wonder how guys like Jimmy Spencer coped.

The driving standards were terrible. Is this what NASCAR has become, or is it the nature of the circuit with wide run off everywhere? Surely there's a bit more respect at Watkins Glen and Infineon, where there's less margin for error?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Honestly it's a bit of both. The wide entry to T1 and the lack of brains with todays drivers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think it's a product of what NASCAR wants combined with the kind of driving the newer guys are used to. A lot of the newer drivers have been raised on this hyper aggressive style and that's something NASCAR wants. They don't really want a strategic race or to have one driver just have a better car and/or more talent on a given day and run away with it.

Basically NASCAR has turned into a live action video game.

You know, I never stopped to really think about it before, but days like yesterday are why I don't really care about NASCAR anymore. I want to see racing. Now, I watched because nothing else was on, but if I hadn't watched the MotoGP race live earlier, I'd have had that on and not NASCAR.

As for yesterday in particular, it's just nature of that circuit. Go, stop, go go go, stop, goooooooooooooo, stop... It invites overdriving. When they go to Watkins, there are places where you can throw a divebomb (T1, inner loop, T10) but that's a much faster track with higher speed corners so the guy out in front with clean air has an even bigger advantage and can get away. Sonoma is more technical where skill can make a difference and as was said, the margin for error is less. CoTA is technical but with those runoffs if you overcook it, no real problem.

Really, that was a shit show. It's not a suitable track in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
imagine what those drivers are capable of in a track like Riverside

funny that some europeans were there so quite an audience abroad were giving some attention, and road courses in Nascar can be a display on how well precision driving can be rewarding but again they turned into a destruction derby banger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:59 pm 
Your Stream Sucks
Your Stream Sucks

Suarez was angry on Bowman and he push him at the end :

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

LucasWheldon wrote:
imagine what those drivers are capable of in a track like Riverside

funny that some europeans were there so quite an audience abroad were giving some attention, and road courses in Nascar can be a display on how well precision driving can be rewarding but again they turned into a destruction derby banger

nascar would have pushed to get rid of the sand and dirt years ago and pave everything

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

nicko23 wrote:
Suarez was angry on Bowman and he push him at the end :

He bumped Chastain and then Bowman. Once they stopped Bowman came over and explained Chastain shoved him into the 99, and Suarez then had this chat with Chastain. Looks like Daniel's as tired of his shit as everyone else is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This is a really bad look for Suarez. He's told over the radio that Bowman was getting shoved into him. And yet he still targets Bowman primarily in the end (before we even mention that he chose an unacceptable moment to hit the 48).

I know this may come off as a bit of a hot take, but I think it's worse than what Wallace did to Larson last fall. I'm sure Suarez will be penalized but, all told, it was more dangerous and less justified than what got Wallace his one-week vacation (my opinion, of course).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To be honest, Wallace was a heat of the moment retaliation. Suarez was intent on doing it for a long time, purposely hitting two cars and while he didn't send either of them into the wall there were people stood in the pits. Especially when he's hitting Bowman the second time. The way he goes past all those cars after the race just to get them reminds me a little of Ticktum in F4, and yes this was after the race and not under an SC, but there were still people potentially in the firing line.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The track was designed for F1 and as such meant to suit F1 cars' 50m braking distances and sharp turning abilities. It's totally not a road course for stock cars. The windy abrupt turns where you have to hard brake for the next corner while turning in for the previous corner are easy to lock your brake up in these cars and run wide into others.

But the last series of cautions could've been avoided easily and we'd have gotten a more respectable finish. It's insane how NASCAR does all these cost-cutting moves yet itself creates situations like these where millions worth of damage is caused to the teams, not to mention screwing some drivers out of positions they worked hard all day to put themselves in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SBan83 wrote:
The track was designed for F1 and as such meant to suit F1 cars' 50m braking distances and sharp turning abilities. It's totally not a road course for stock cars. The windy abrupt turns where you have to hard brake for the next corner while turning in for the previous corner are easy to lock your brake up in these cars and run wide into others.

But the last series of cautions could've been avoided easily and we'd have gotten a more respectable finish. It's insane how NASCAR does all these cost-cutting moves yet itself creates situations like these where millions worth of damage is caused to the teams, not to mention screwing some drivers out of positions they worked hard all day to put themselves in.

It's all about the drama and nothing about the racing. NASCAR lost its way long ago with the latter and now all they have to sell is the former.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suarez just got a $50,000 fine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/n ... /10449674/

Denny reading out a list of naughty drivers really does make him the Dwight Shrute of NASCAR.

But (for maybe the first time ever) I actually agree with him about most of what he said. Single file restarts on a road course is a perfectly reasonable suggestion, and moving the restart zone back to between the last 2 corners is another. NASCAR won't do any of that because they make more buck off of turning the sport into a farce than they do making it a respectable competition.