Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I've should had done like Gaara did haha

well, that's what you get when the series turns into the WWE on wheels, the only difference is that during this time no drivers got into a post race brawl

I'm quite sure they'll deem this is as a big success and this race will stay forever

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Our chances for a blowover at DEGA have just doubled, Briscoe is gonna go flying

You actually think so after watching Reddick's aw shucks interview? If you expect a blowever at Dega because of those two, it'll be Reddick blowing a kiss over to Briscoe if he could...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I made the correct decision...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

SBan83 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Our chances for a blowover at DEGA have just doubled, Briscoe is gonna go flying

You actually think so after watching Reddick's aw shucks interview? If you expect a blowever at Dega because of those two, it'll be Reddick blowing a kiss over to Briscoe if he could...

Yeah well, we'll see

Credit to Briscoe to trying, but a week of social media teasing by the fans calling him a wuss for not being a real man and fighting him or whatever else he'll get, plus Briscoe on his front bumper and lets see how he reacts

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i was worried how the new cars would race on the dirt, but watching from the stands i can tell you it was a great race. lots of side by side action, lots of contact and passing, and props to nascar for not calling the race too soon.

the entire night there were guys sitting in my section who made it a point to boo and give kyle the double bird everytime he drove by. i'm not a kyle fan by any means, but it was hilarious to see their faces when he won in the last 200ft :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

trout wrote:
i was worried how the new cars would race on the dirt, but watching from the stands i can tell you it was a great race. lots of side by side action, lots of contact and passing, and props to nascar for not calling the race too soon.

Thank you. Agree completely. Dirt *needs* to stay and grow in the Cup series. Yes, there were some problems, but they can be ironed out. For anyone to say dirt needs to go when we have four absolute jokes of a race at Daytona and Talladega each year is hypocrisy at its finest. Dirt requires immense driving skill and racecraft, it's exciting to watch and adds variety to a schedule that was growing increasingly stale with big, boring asphalt venues (even short tracks like Richmond and Martinsville are no longer that interesting at the highest level). I read that even Richard Petty was against dirt making a return but he spent his career in an era when NASCAR was stigmatized for racing on dirt, and at that time, the move to vast, opulent, and pristine asphalt ovals was seen as "progress" by everyone involved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The dirt just needs to be put on the right track, or you know, go to a dedicated dirt track…

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
The dirt just needs to be put on the right track, or you know, go to a dedicated dirt track…

Indeed, but this is the only way they can make it happen due to the contracts with the existing tracks, I guess. Like using the infield go-kart tracks at Charlotte and Indy instead of dedicated road courses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SBan83 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Indeed, but this is the only way they can make it happen due to the contracts with the existing tracks, I guess. Like using the infield go-kart tracks at Charlotte and Indy instead of dedicated road courses.

Bristol might be for the better anyway

gives them some hype to stand behind as "it's one of their own" - when a typical dirt track (Eldora, Knoxville) wouldn't outshadow the fact that it's a expensive as hell ticket for cars that run the same times (if not slower) than the local shit stock or bang banger feature (while Winged 410's and Super Late Models are 7 to 8 seconds quicker)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:02 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

IMO it's the 2nd best setup for Bristol after it's original panel beating layout

Everything was great, they tried to "fix it", made it shit, tried to fix it again, made it shit, then added dirt and it's at least something unique on the schedule

I agree it'd be better if they just took the cup to Eldora when the trucks go there but at least this is *something* trying to be unique rather than the same old shit

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley