TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1320 Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
we still need to see racing pace though, I don't discard Mercedes either. They might still have cards on the table

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
pimmy wrote:
Vassago wrote:
This TV graphics panel is really too small.
Really? I think the new package is too big and bulky. It takes up a lot of the screen.

The font is too small for sure. I don't need the colorful names & teams' logos out there either.

You're both right, the left table takes too much screen, but font is too small (tyre choice for example), and especially the driver names at the bottom are too small.

They also didn't get the memo that italics font makes it harder to read in general. Never use italics unless you're stressing a few words or perhaps a quote.

And for god's sake, never use italics for goddamn numbers and laptimes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hands up if you predicted that a Merc would be outpaced by a Hass, Alfa and an Alpine.......

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:35 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
plus is quite clear that Ferrari engines got again another leap in power output

Burning oil again?

That’s my fear. We get a nice 3-way battle and then Ferrari gets caught being naughty and max walks away with it

That's your fear? I thought you might've meant to say your wet dream. :p

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
micha wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Burning oil again?

That’s my fear. We get a nice 3-way battle and then Ferrari gets caught being naughty and max walks away with it

That's your fear? I thought you might've meant to say your wet dream. :p

A good, fair, battle without Mercedes, which max wins is my dream :p

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
A good, fair, battle without Mercedes, which max wins is my dream :p

this, without FIA ruining with questionable calls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Vassago wrote:
pimmy wrote:
Really? I think the new package is too big and bulky. It takes up a lot of the screen.

The font is too small for sure. I don't need the colorful names & teams' logos out there either.

You're both right, the left table takes too much screen, but font is too small (tyre choice for example), and especially the driver names at the bottom are too small.

They also didn't get the memo that italics font makes it harder to read in general. Never use italics unless you're stressing a few words or perhaps a quote.

And for god's sake, never use italics for goddamn numbers and laptimes

Italics make sense when you want to use it for a specific piece of information. Using it for both relevant information such as driver name and time is an awful use. The new graphics have potential but they need some fixing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looks like we have once again Max against two cars of a rival team. If it was Mercedes, we knew they would be able to use Bottas as a bait to put Hamilton in a better position to win the race.

On one hand, Ferrari always look sloppy with strategy and don't seem able to play such a trick. On the other hand, their pairing of drivers as a whole is far more exciting than the explicit hierarchy Mercedes used to have. That's quite a promising race we have here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:27 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

webbsy wrote:
Well, is this Dan Ricciardo's final year in F1? He is just constantly 0.3-0.5 seconds slower than Norris. He doesn't have a rich daddy to buy him a team like Stroll so that won't save him.
He´s got Vettel syndrome, beaten in his final year at Red Bull by a young talent and then never the same again after moving teams. A shame, but I don't even see him finishing the season at McLaren if this continues much longer. Good qualy, the field is not to spread out. In q1 the slowest car in p20 was only 2 seconds away of the fastest time. Last few years that was more like 3 to 4 seconds sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He also had COVID last week and missed half the testing time with a major rules package change. Being 2 rows behind his teammate in the back half of the grid in a car that's clearly off the pace isn't exactly a fatality.

But I look forward to get another season of people here preparing his eulogy. (Particularly Aussies for some reason, I guess seeing a countryman deal with setbacks on the world stage is too stressful and you're hoping with the next gen we'll be winning so much you'll get tired of winning?)

What's Lance, Yuki and Mick's excuse?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Philthy82 wrote:

They're all bang average, but Stroll is obviously not going anywhere and Mick's name will probably keep him safe even if he doesn't get closer to KMag.

On the other hand, none of them are being paid a WDC's salary, so less is expected of them.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:05 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Danny Ric is awesome and he's a proven race winner.

But let's be honest, he's not a match for Norris right now and hasn't been last season either.

Bahrain 2022 is not a necessarily how 2022 will go and I hope he will come back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:49 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

LucasWheldon wrote:
we still need to see racing pace though, I don't discard Mercedes either. They might still have cards on the table

In the last couple of years Merc has always been very good in the race especially long runs on the harder tyres. There's still hope but I feel it's a 2013 season coming up if Leclerc can't keep up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
He also had COVID last week and missed half the testing time with a major rules package change. Being 2 rows behind his teammate in the back half of the grid in a car that's clearly off the pace isn't exactly a fatality.

But I look forward to get another season of people here preparing his eulogy. (Particularly Aussies for some reason, I guess seeing a countryman deal with setbacks on the world stage is too stressful and you're hoping with the next gen we'll be winning so much you'll get tired of winning?)

Don't know what happened with Stroll and Tsunoda, but Schumacher had a big snap on T11 entry which sent him wide on his hot lap. If not for that, he would've comfortably been in Q3.
Most embarrassing performance of qualifying was Stroll getting beaten by a Dad that was sitting on his couch for a year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Karan wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:

Don't know what happened with Stroll and Tsunoda, but Schumacher had a big snap on T11 entry which sent him wide on his hot lap. If not for that, he would've comfortably been in Q3.
Most embarrassing performance of qualifying was Stroll getting beaten by a Dad that was sitting on his couch for a year.

Ouch......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I made the mistake of going on Reddit's F1 subs.

Apparently, Bottas is the fan-favourite underdog now, and Russell is an entitled sociopathic shithead that deserves being beaten because of those couple comments he said at Imola in the heat of the moment.

Internet is a mistake. It should be like driving a fucking car, only once legally an adult, and after training and exams. You can destroy as many lives with an internet account as with a loaded gasoline semi, barrier to entry should be similar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:03 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

You're overreacting. It's just a show. And people love stories when an old underdog beats a young bad boy who had been mean to him ;)

Btw, where's Vassago? He's always been a big fun of Russell :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I believe Russell is so weak phisically that if you snap his nose he'll fall into the floor crying

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:28 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

I alsways used to find my F1 streams on sportssurge, but they seem to be gone. :(
If anyone of you has a link to a reliable list of streams or a reliable stream, please post or pm.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beezle wrote:
I alsways used to find my F1 streams on sportssurge, but they seem to be gone. :(
If anyone of you has a link to a reliable list of streams or a reliable stream, please post or pm.
Thanks!

http://fomny.com/Video-2/United-kindom/ ... ort-F1.php

These work. But have to deal with the usual pop ups at the start. But hey at least they work.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1320 Next