TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tast.

Last edited by gkmotorsport on Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:17 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:19 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The sidepod WOW!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The sidepod has both real and fake inlets - quite unusual. I wonder if they will be changed in size based on cooling requirements.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
gkmotorsport wrote:
The sidepod has both real and fake inlets - quite unusual. I wonder if they will be changed in size based on cooling requirements.

is based on road cars to increase sales of the later "now our cars share the same characteristics of the F1 cars"

they know how to make livery, let's see if they will do something about the results

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This might be the sexist lot of cars in recent memory.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm 

amq55 wrote:
This might be the sexist lot of cars in recent memory.

Best since the DW12 Universal Aerokit without the aeroscreen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That Aston Martin is a stunner! I am still going to need some time to get used to the new rear wing style, but overall these are shaping up to be the best looking F1 cars since the 2000s in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:05 pm 

Long boi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's nice that the floors have been trimmed, but they do need to knock 50cm out of the wheelbase. The cars would look much faster.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah. The Aston looks great, but my only criticism would also be the length of the cars.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

sidepods are a lot bigger than the Haas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:15 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Dan Belcher wrote:
That Aston Martin is a stunner! I am still going to need some time to get used to the new rear wing style, but overall these are shaping up to be the best looking F1 cars since the 2000s in my opinion.

Since 1997, those 1998 regs which halved the car width for overtaking (didn't work, it was the aerodynamics ruining overtaking, not the fact the cars were too wide to pass lol) did a lot to start the trend towards ugly cars

I agree the cars look good now, just hope it holds through to the actual way the look on track

Even then, 5 races in they'll probably look different again.... 8O

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:07 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RtN wrote:
It's nice that the floors have been trimmed, but they do need to knock 50cm out of the wheelbase. The cars would look much faster.
This! The initial renderings of the 2022 rules concept, sometime in 2020 or early 2021 I think, well before the show car, made it seem like a much shorter wheelbase. I was getting 1990 Ferrari vibes from the proportions, but then the show car hit and so did reality and the long boi's are here to stay :(

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Going back to the last page and the 'news' about Michael Masi, I continue to really feel sorry for him. Poor bloke's been made a scapegoat for a broken system. He's got Toto in one ear, Wheatley in the other, Liberty in both, and at the same time he's expected to run a motor race to the extent that it's him that drops the headphones and jumps into a car to check the barriers when someone goes through them. It's quite clearly, fucking insane.

But I suppose people prefer to have an individual to blame because twitter experts or reddit analysts or sky news pundits or sensationalist journalists for shitty tabloid rags won't get the attention they crave if they're talking about a faceless organisation. MASI HAS TO GO gets you a lot more likes than "FIA continues to be incompetent", I guess.

Anyway. The Aston looks nice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Exactly. I'd be very surprised if Liberty weren't in his ear demanding that the race was restarted for 'the show'. Maybe a red flag would have been fairer, but people would still have a problem with that if Max had gone on to win. If Latifi crashed one lap earlier, there would have been time for all the lapped cars to overtake and the result would have played out the same. If Latifi had crashed a lap or two later, I think they would have red flagged it for a standing start shootout. All of these scenarios are within the rules, but half the fans would still have issue with it.

It's just a shame that it had to happen at the final race of the season. If you look at all the decisions over the season, I don't think either driver was favoured. They both got lucky at times.

Bahrain - Lewis is allowed to gain an advantage from track limits 29 times before being warned. This likely won him the race. Either everybody should have been told that they could do this, or it should have been a warning after the first couple of times. Not a great decision.

Imola - Without the red flag, Lewis is a lap down and well out of contention. Correct decision from the race director, but a big help to Lewis.

Baku - Max loses 25 points. The red flag is a help to Lewis, although it turns out not to be because of his own mistake.

Silverstone - I still believe this to be 100% on Lewis (compare his line into Copse against his move on LeClerc later in the race. Full fuel and cold tyres mean the car is always going to understeer into Max. If Max was a bit smarter, he may have gone wider, but I don't think he's responsible for not getting out of the way). Red flag saves Lewis from the damage. Could it have been a SC car instead? Maybe not because of the severity of the accident. Correct decision. Big help to Lewis.

Hungary - Not a lot the stewards could have done. Bottas got the penalty and the red flag gave them a chance to make some repairs. Really screwed Red Bull, though.

Spa - The 'race' benefitted Max in the points (full points would have been better if he had won an actual race, but who knows what would have happened?).

Monza - At the time I felt it was 50/50, but the stewards disagreed. I do place more blame on Max now, because of what happened earlier in the race and Max's comments "That's what happens when you don't leave the space". He left Lewis no space earlier in the race at the second chicane (and arguably at the starts in Imola and Barcelona as well). If Lewis hadn't taken to the escape road on the first lap, then they would have crashed into each other much earlier in the race. If Max expects to be left a car's width, then give the same respect when you're the one defending.

Brazil - How Max avoided a penalty for running Lewis half way out of the circuit, I'm not sure. We all want to see racing without any interference, but that was a poor call from the stewards. It didn't affect the race result, though.

Saudi - I don't even know what to say on this one. Max was showing signs of desperate driving again, but I don't think the actual incident that he was penalised for was that fair. I think both drivers were thinking of the DRS zone and not wanting to lead across it.

Abu Dhabi - First lap was probably fair. Max did amazingly well to keep the car within the circuit, but Lewis was given nowhere to go (unless he tried to hang on around the outside, but that would almost certainly have led to a Monza-esque crash at the next part of the chicane). The end of the race I've already given my thoughts to.

Probably other incidents I've forgotten as well. That shows just how busy the stewards have been last season, and what an action packed season it has was. I hope that the 'Masi' incident isn't forever remembered, because 2021 was incredible. I don't think we'll see another season like that for a long time. I still think that Max deserved the title over the whole season, because of the Baku/Silverstone/Hungary incidents. Lewis was never really robbed of points through bad luck, other than Monza, and potentially Spa.

Plenty of you will probably disagree with my thoughts on some of the incidents, which is why it's even harder for the stewards.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:06 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Bahrain just signed a contract extension until 2036 :8:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Exactly. I'd be very surprised if Liberty weren't in his ear demanding that the race was restarted for 'the show'. Maybe a red flag would have been fairer, but people would still have a problem with that if Max had gone on to win. If Latifi crashed one lap earlier, there would have been time for all the lapped cars to overtake and the result would have played out the same. If Latifi had crashed a lap or two later, I think they would have red flagged it for a standing start shootout. All of these scenarios are within the rules, but half the fans would still have issue with it.

It's just a shame that it had to happen at the final race of the season. If you look at all the decisions over the season, I don't think either driver was favoured. They both got lucky at times.

Bahrain - Lewis is allowed to gain an advantage from track limits 29 times before being warned. This likely won him the race. Either everybody should have been told that they could do this, or it should have been a warning after the first couple of times. Not a great decision.

Imola - Without the red flag, Lewis is a lap down and well out of contention. Correct decision from the race director, but a big help to Lewis.

Baku - Max loses 25 points. The red flag is a help to Lewis, although it turns out not to be because of his own mistake.

Silverstone - I still believe this to be 100% on Lewis (compare his line into Copse against his move on LeClerc later in the race. Full fuel and cold tyres mean the car is always going to understeer into Max. If Max was a bit smarter, he may have gone wider, but I don't think he's responsible for not getting out of the way). Red flag saves Lewis from the damage. Could it have been a SC car instead? Maybe not because of the severity of the accident. Correct decision. Big help to Lewis.

Hungary - Not a lot the stewards could have done. Bottas got the penalty and the red flag gave them a chance to make some repairs. Really screwed Red Bull, though.

Spa - The 'race' benefitted Max in the points (full points would have been better if he had won an actual race, but who knows what would have happened?).

Monza - At the time I felt it was 50/50, but the stewards disagreed. I do place more blame on Max now, because of what happened earlier in the race and Max's comments "That's what happens when you don't leave the space". He left Lewis no space earlier in the race at the second chicane (and arguably at the starts in Imola and Barcelona as well). If Lewis hadn't taken to the escape road on the first lap, then they would have crashed into each other much earlier in the race. If Max expects to be left a car's width, then give the same respect when you're the one defending.

Brazil - How Max avoided a penalty for running Lewis half way out of the circuit, I'm not sure. We all want to see racing without any interference, but that was a poor call from the stewards. It didn't affect the race result, though.

Saudi - I don't even know what to say on this one. Max was showing signs of desperate driving again, but I don't think the actual incident that he was penalised for was that fair. I think both drivers were thinking of the DRS zone and not wanting to lead across it.

Abu Dhabi - First lap was probably fair. Max did amazingly well to keep the car within the circuit, but Lewis was given nowhere to go (unless he tried to hang on around the outside, but that would almost certainly have led to a Monza-esque crash at the next part of the chicane). The end of the race I've already given my thoughts to.

Probably other incidents I've forgotten as well. That shows just how busy the stewards have been last season, and what an action packed season it has was. I hope that the 'Masi' incident isn't forever remembered, because 2021 was incredible. I don't think we'll see another season like that for a long time. I still think that Max deserved the title over the whole season, because of the Baku/Silverstone/Hungary incidents. Lewis was never really robbed of points through bad luck, other than Monza, and potentially Spa.

Plenty of you will probably disagree with my thoughts on some of the incidents, which is why it's even harder for the stewards.

silverstone - the only reason lewis missed the apex was because contact from max's car pulled the wheel straight. it's pretty clear from lewis' onboard he was aimed at the apex before contact

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

new cars look tast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:55 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Yeah. The Aston looks great, but my only criticism would also be the length of the cars.

"It's just air"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15125 Next