TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Karan wrote:
Toto's a brilliant politician. Surely he has a career in politics once he's done with motorsport, otherwise those skills will definitely go to waste.

I'm quite sure he's aiming for that spot occupied by Jean Todt today

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:36 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

FIA has denied Mercedes the review request. As expected, much ado about nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good. Whatever anyone thinks about the original incident, they can't change the decision after a decision's already been made

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And now the precedent is set. Leclerc's already stated he'll change his style if driving like that's allowed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:51 pm 

Gaara wrote:
And now the precedent is set. Leclerc's already stated he'll change his style if driving like that's allowed.

Like who cares about Leclerc's driving style? This is the same guy who said he will divebomb anyone at Monaco to make the race exciting after starting from the back and lasted 16 laps in the race IIRC. People make it sound like it means anything? The aeropush is still king in F1 so nobody will really notice Leclerc's driving style changing. If he gets into more collisions and costs Ferrari points his "style" will change again IMO :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So LeClerc just gonna keep defending how he was defending against Norris last sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The FIA's statement just digs them into an even further hole in my opinion. How in fuck's name do they NOT consider that onboard to be significant information when Massi said that they didn't have that available to them when they made the "no investigation nessesary" call. Which also means that they didn't even check the telemetry traces.

For that to not even warrant any sort of investigation is just total crap. They may have come to the same let them race conclusion if they investigated it, but to not even look at it? I said in a post the other day that Massi has a hard on for a Suzuka 1989 and 1990 situation. This sets it up as a slam dunk. At least LOOK at it. What a horrible precedent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:50 pm 

webbsy wrote:
The FIA's statement just digs them into an even further hole in my opinion. How in fuck's name do they NOT consider that onboard to be significant information when Massi said that they didn't have that available to them when they made the "no investigation nessesary" call. Which also means that they didn't even check the telemetry traces.

For that to not even warrant any sort of investigation is just total crap. They may have come to the same let them race conclusion if they investigated it, but to not even look at it? I said in a post the other day that Massi has a hard on for a Suzuka 1989 and 1990 situation. This sets it up as a slam dunk. At least LOOK at it. What a horrible precedent.

Exactly, they will let them race. If it ends in Suzuka 1990-like collision then it will be pure gold for Liberty to build a rivalry for the next few years. FIA would like the championship decided on track - even with a collision like we had at Silverstone or Monza - rather than imply some penalties at the table. What is so hard to understand here? The precedents don't mean anything, it's not Supreme Court and nobody has the power to alienate FIA that much.

C'mon, how long you've been watching F1? I've heard the same insults aimed at FIA for 30 years. They are always the villains. And F1 has always moved along. FIA has jumped out of bigger holes before so this "incident" is a fart in the wind tbh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:

is been like that since passive safety devices and track with room for error. Just like dumb blocking became the norm in plate racing in nascar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I will remember two things from this saga:

1. People are easily offended, and more than before. We see that in society, and now we have seen it on track. 10 to 15 years ago this would have been seen as great racing, now it is dangerous, must be stopped, will set a precedent and what not.

2. Hamilton is a smart guy. He was aware of the situation, he knew where Verstappen was, he probably checked his mirrors, and he avoided contact. A lot of drivers can learn from that, when they act like I´m in front, let´s aim for the apex as if I´m the only one here and the others will have to avoid me cos I´M IN FRONT MWUHAHAHA!!!
And then they touch, the one in front spins and the one behind gets a penalty but the one in front his race is ruined. Stewards set a dangerous precedent there as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Your post is full of misconceptions, approximations, and inaccuracies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Your post is full of misconceptions, approximations, and inaccuracies.

Oh no

Anyway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
1. People are easily offended, and more than before. We see that in society, and now we have seen it on track. 10 to 15 years ago this would have been seen as great racing, now it is dangerous, must be stopped, will set a precedent and what not.

Indeed, imagine Tiago Monteiro pulling off absolutely identical move against Liuzzi for 13th place in 2006. Nobody would raise an eyebrow. Probably the move wouldn't be even included in the race highlights.
But just because it's the top 2 fighting for the win and the championship, it erodes people's ability to think unemotionally.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
I will remember two things from this saga:

2. Hamilton is a smart guy. He was aware of the situation, he knew where Verstappen was, he probably checked his mirrors, and he avoided contact. A lot of drivers can learn from that, when they act like I´m in front, let´s aim for the apex as if I´m the only one here and the others will have to avoid me cos I´M IN FRONT MWUHAHAHA!!!
And then they touch, the one in front spins and the one behind gets a penalty but the one in front his race is ruined. Stewards set a dangerous precedent there as well.

What are you talking about? That was running a driver off track no matter what era you are talking about. The difference from 15 years ago is that there was probably still a gravel trap with how far Max ended up off the track.

It is all about double standards and seemingly arbitrary application of the rules mate. That is what pisses me off. Like how Hamilton got a fine for taking off his seat belts during the cool down lap, yet LeClerc took his off and then continued for another RACING lap, had his radio messaged on the broadcast and absolutely nothing happened to him. Double standards like that.

Oh yeah, it was the SAME stewards who made the no decision that decided on rejecting the appeal. So you really think they are going to disagree with themselves?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:

Sure... people definitely said it was great racing when Max went through his weaving phase. People definitely thought it was great whenever Schumacher chopped across the grid to cut off a faster-starting car, or casually ran people off the track. Remember how *offended* Barrichello was in Hungary 2010? Man, what a snowflake :roll:

Even before that, remember how much woke complaining Schumacher himself did in 1993 when Senna kept blocking him? What a pussy. Don't even get me started on beta cuck James Hunt's whining about the chad Andrea de Cesaris.

Seriously, that's an olympic-level bad take :slaphead:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

the same James Hunt that shoved Mario Andretti out of the track once because "here we don't pass on the outside"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

we all want better racing, but that typically means allowing drivers to race side by side. if drivers are allowed to disrespectfully run another driver off the track, that discourages actual racing. we can change the aero all we want, but if drivers can't race side by side then it won't matter. whether it's in the rulebook or not, drivers are entitled to a car's width of track (regardless of whether there's runoff). it's about respect and the integrity of motorsport

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17