TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1746 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vassago wrote:
What are the odds Russell takes out Verstappen at the start and Hamilton runs away with the race? :lol:

Let’s take that fantasy to the next level. Proof leaks out Wolff made bottas and russel do it.
Mercedes is expelled for the rest of the season and Wolff isn’t allowed with 100km of any racetrack for the rest of his life :whistling:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Norrises elbow is being X-rayed for possible fracture.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:08 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Bets on a delayed start tomorrow?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eddington Mains wrote:
Fanboyism:
Fanboyism will not be allowed any time (such as "I hope Diver X pushes Driver Y off the track at the start because he sux and I'm a fanboy of driver X") in race or general series discussion threads. Posts of this nature will either be moved or deleted. The banning will be based on several posts, not just one.
Ban length: 1 day or rest of the race weekend. If the offence occurs during a race weekend (defined by the days that has track activity) will lead to a ban that last the rest of that weekend. Otherwise the ban will last for 24 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I caught this on the pits channel & don't know if FOM just didn't show this on the world-feed or if Sky were showing something else when they did but just before Norris crashed Russell nearly spun on the straight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:24 pm 

:8:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's fine when he was into the tyre tracks left by another car but as soon as those were gone he almost lost it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gaara wrote:
Eddington Mains wrote:
Fanboyism:
Fanboyism will not be allowed any time (such as "I hope Diver X pushes Driver Y off the track at the start because he sux and I'm a fanboy of driver X") in race or general series discussion threads. Posts of this nature will either be moved or deleted. The banning will be based on several posts, not just one.
Ban length: 1 day or rest of the race weekend. If the offence occurs during a race weekend (defined by the days that has track activity) will lead to a ban that last the rest of that weekend. Otherwise the ban will last for 24 hours.

What about just general bitterness?? They ALL suck in the wet and can't drive to the conditions?

But come on, if Mazepin does a Takagi in 98 and just plows into an obvious crash (everyone ok of course) I will both praise him and call him shit. Does the ol' fan boi switcheroo count? :whistling:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

webbsy wrote:
Gaara wrote:
Eddington Mains wrote:
Fanboyism:

What about just general bitterness?? They ALL suck in the wet and can't drive to the conditions?

But come on, if Mazepin does a Takagi in 98 and just plows into an obvious crash (everyone ok of course) I will both praise him and call him shit. Does the ol' fan boi switcheroo count? :whistling:

That was Rosset :p

That wouldn't be fanboying any way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:
I caught this on the pits channel & don't know if FOM just didn't show this on the world-feed or if Sky were showing something else when they did but just before Norris crashed Russell nearly spun on the straight.

I saw this on PLC as well. I also think FOM didn't show this because I was the only one talking about it here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

StefMeister wrote:

That's a good benchmark for when a wet track is too wet. Amazing save and awesome footage.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:36 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Gaara wrote:
webbsy wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Well what if someone wishes to Max get redemption over Silverstone and Hungary at expense of Hamilton getting crashed out by...say, Tsunoda or Perez. Is it allowed?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

NVirkkula wrote:
Gaara wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Well what if someone wishes to Max get redemption over Silverstone and Hungary at expense of Hamilton getting crashed out by...say, Tsunoda or Perez. Is it allowed?

Fanboyism and last time people said that, the opposite to what they wanted happened.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From Norris' onboard he didn't seem to lift at all until the bump and the right hander turn-in point.

There didn't seem to be standing water to aquaplane on, just wet asphalt with dark color on the racing line (not reflective like where George nearly lost it).

Vettel's radio was spot on, but Lando's crash in particular seems like it's just a driving error, not undriveable conditions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
what we do is the opposite, we expect the worst case scenario of someone from Mercedes entourage to allow an easier life to Lewis because life is unfair

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Gaara wrote:
Vettel is apparently really angry on the radio

I think it's time Vettel got out of the car and started running for Masi's role if he thinks any kind of wet running is dangerous

Nothing to do with him not being as good as others in the wet, of course

One driver made a mistake, it's not like 20 of them went barrelling into Eau Rouge and crashed...

Stick to driving or become a race director Seb, not both

Any kind of wet? Come on man, that's hilarious levels of exaggeration but not entirely surprising given your history of bias over the years (rather reminiscent of the British media actually). I don't think that was ever said nor implied. And yea, obviously it was just one driver, considering he was the only one to have been on a hot lap until that point. How do we know there wouldn't have been more crashes had they continued in those conditions?

Also what's wrong with a veteran driver providing live feedback on the conditions? They are a far better reference than anyone in Race Control watching on monitors. And frankly I'd trust Seb's feedback implicitly on the conditions over anyone else on the grid.

Anyhow, I think we can safely conclude that based on the conditions specific to Q3, it was proven today that Seb's instinct and judgement in that moment was yet again absolutely spot-on.

Last edited by Karan on Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the last time russell took someone out it was a mercedes, so it seems more likely he'll take out lewis than max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
From Norris' onboard he didn't seem to lift at all until the bump and the right hander turn-in point.

There didn't seem to be standing water to aquaplane on, just wet asphalt with dark color on the racing line (not reflective like where George nearly lost it).

Vettel's radio was spot on, but Lando's crash in particular seems like it's just a driving error, not undriveable conditions.

Exactly this. Russell's onboard is a good indicator that it was getting too wet, but Norris just made a driver error.

It's difficult to know the best solution to the run off at Eau Rouge. There could be some advantage to a safer barrier or tec-pro. The tyre wall softens an impact, but violently spits the car back across the track if hit at speed. Norris's car was absolutely destroyed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I saw somebody on Twitter suggest that they simply revert to the layout used here from 1921 - 1938:

It seems like a great solution if you think about it - the safety concerns are removed, the HISTORY OF SPA brigade can't complain because it's literally the original layout, the circuit owners profit from an extra couple of grandstands, and it would probably be a good overtaking spot.

Besides, Raidillon/Eau Rouge has been a Tamburello-style 'not even a corner unless something breaks' thing for years now, and Pouhon - the real challenging corner - doesn't get touched. Everybody wins! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:03 pm 

Nah man, can't remove Raidillon :cry:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 907 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1746 Next