TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 29101 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:43 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

It would be fitting to have a massive (fatal) crash in a shitty country like Saudi Arabia.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

looks like a updated Valencia inspired by Canberra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A bit of a side topic here, but what the actual fuck is it with the F1 YouTube channel uploading #shorts of the best battles in the form of a narrow vertical "story"?

It looks like nothing. You can't see the cars side by side. They take 16/9 footageof the best bits, and crop it down to an inferior version to satisfy whatever fad so it looks like some TikTok or Insta story crap. What a fucking stupid era to live in.

Don't forget to unsubscribe and smash that thumb down button please if you have an account! :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:09 pm 

Coldtyre wrote:
A bit of a side topic here, but what the actual fuck is it with the F1 YouTube channel uploading #shorts of the best battles in the form of a narrow vertical "story"?

It looks like nothing. You can't see the cars side by side. They take 16/9 footageof the best bits, and crop it down to an inferior version to satisfy whatever fad so it looks like some TikTok or Insta story crap. What a fucking stupid era to live in.

Don't forget to unsubscribe and smash that thumb down button please if you have an account! :wave:

It's like FOM are trolling people who upload F1 clips and have to massively edit / add effects, to stop it being copyright striked.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thestig88 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

It's like FOM are trolling people who upload F1 clips and have to massively edit / add effects, to stop it being copyright striked.

Perhaps they're also having problems with YouTube and their auto-strikes :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:

It's all part of the inevitable transition towards every screen in our lives being in portrait orientation, all because millennials can't hold their phones right when taking a video.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Millennials? No, no, no, this is a zoomer problem.

-----------

As others have noticed, there appears to be a very low bridge\light railway over the Saudi track at pit entry. So anyone not paying attention could well become a Yokoyama tribute act.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:

Just take a look at the quality of the comments in any one of those videos and you'll have an idea of the type of audience they're targeting. Probably a collective IQ that's less than your 'Has Thanked' tally.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
thestig88 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:

plus they will do that to make people go to the paid service

"wanna see more on its full glory? subscribe to F1TV Pro!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

*opens twitter*
*sees Botttas is trending*
*wonders if something happened to him or if he suddenly quit*

1: Apparently he considered quiting after having to let Lewis by so Lewis could win :innocent:
2: Apparently there is a very explicit scene of him in the new Drive to Survive season :yuk:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
2: Apparently there is a very explicit scene of him in the new Drive to Survive season :yuk:

There's a scene of him and his agent in a sauna and his butt crack flashes by. Nothing special.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah it's literally nothing lol, not sure why people are acting like he waved the old chap around in front of the cameras

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Imagine how that could had happened following drivers like Clay Regazzoni and James Hunt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:33 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I mean...that's how you go to sauna. Apart from the Netflix camera crew, that is, but that's how people go to sauna and that few minute scene was best description of what living in Finland is. Netflix wanted to create a opposite image of what F1 world is and they nailed it with that bit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Enjoyed the Bottas episode very much.

I'm beginning to warm to Drive to Survive. I was initially against their over-dramatization, but the show really brings more depth to people and the whole sport. It's something you don't get from post-race interviews. Especially when the official season review blu-rays contain no extra footage, it's refreshing to see new angles (and literally new angles, as there was new footage of Grosjean's crash) on the race weekends as well as off-weekends.

I still wish they'd make those great season reviews with proper narration and news snippets between the races like back in the late 90s. Maybe they'd put more effort into them if season reviews were available on Netflix instead of blu-rays.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just ended watching ep. 7. I think this season starts to get good from Bottas' episone (no. 3) onwards.

I have an impression that they tried to explore more on the side of the team managers and owners in comparison to the previous seasons and it worked very well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

VirtuaIceMan wrote:
Contraversial country, fastest street track. Good racing or meh? Possible missile strike bonus round! https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-r ... p/5783551/

The setting looks like they built a track in a giant IKEA parking lot. And the constant left/right feels like someone had a giant sneeze while drawing the track layout.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:39 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

The Australian GP was meant to be on right now. It is currently pouring down in Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm surprised by all the criticism of the Saudi layout. We bitch and moan about every new circuit being mile long straights leading into hairpins. Instead, this looks full of super fast sweepers (think Suzuka, or Maggotts/Becketts). All it's missing is some elevation.

Definitely some question marks on the safety, but we also complain about new circuits having too much run off and not punishing mistakes. We complain that Hockenheim was butchered and Monza is the only high speed circuit left, but this is too fast? Are we just never satisfied?
Personally I like it. I think the layout would be more suited to a purpose built track, rather than a street circuit. Hopefully they will find the right mix of speed and safety. Still looks fun though.

What does everyone think about the pace of the teams for this season? Classic Mercedes sandbagging, or are Red Bull right there? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think it will be close. (watch Mercedes take pole by a second in Bahrain now)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 29101 Next