TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 169 70 71 72 73123 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 am 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Good stuff. AMuS reporting Sepang might get a race to partner up with Hanoi if that still goes ahead

Apparently the F1 race at Imola is going to be called the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix and the race at the Nurburgring is going to be called the Eifel Grand Prix. Fans of San Marino and Luxembourg will be devastated

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Mexico, Brazil and USA have been canned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:26 pm 

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Raising awareness is better than nothing.

Fixed that for you

NVirkkula wrote:

This is so incredibly dumb. Calling him out for not advocating enough rights? Why not throw Sebastian Vettel under the bus for not caring about Uighur muslims in China? Why not throw Daniel Ricciardo under the bus for not throwing his support behind Flint Michigan's water problem. Kimi Raikkonen cannot stand by and watch the Inuit people of North Canada be marginalised. Kimi Raikkonen claims he gives lots to charity as a matter of fact but doesn't make it public. For all we know he doesn't give a cent if that's the case. Go on, why don't you get into him?

Your hatred for Lewis is just sad, and pathetic, you need to stop. Hate him for making the sport boring for being good. Not for advocating basic human rights that some people have been missing for hundreds of years.

Since you decided to have a tantrum and threaten to sue people who called you out last time, I won't bother calling you what you really are, reply all you want I won't say anything further, in the open forum.

Aren't you the guy who said that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

amq55 wrote:
Back on topic, F1.com has added track maps for Portimão, Imola and Nurburgring on their website.

Now confirmed. Imola will be a 2-day event.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:
Back on topic, F1.com has added track maps for Portimão, Imola and Nurburgring on their website.

Awesome additions, love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

amq55 wrote:
amq55 wrote:

Would like one race to go down the NASCAR route, no practice or quali.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:40 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

XQR wrote:
Aren't you the guy who said that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry?

He's the guy who thinks my comment here killed Jules Bianchi in October 2014.

Scotty wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Raising awareness is better than nothing.

Fixed that for you

NVirkkula wrote:

This is so incredibly dumb. Calling him out for not advocating enough rights? Why not throw Sebastian Vettel under the bus for not caring about Uighur muslims in China? Why not throw Daniel Ricciardo under the bus for not throwing his support behind Flint Michigan's water problem. Kimi Raikkonen cannot stand by and watch the Inuit people of North Canada be marginalised. Kimi Raikkonen claims he gives lots to charity as a matter of fact but doesn't make it public. For all we know he doesn't give a cent if that's the case. Go on, why don't you get into him?

Your hatred for Lewis is just sad, and pathetic, you need to stop. Hate him for making the sport boring for being good. Not for advocating basic human rights that some people have been missing for hundreds of years.

Since you decided to have a tantrum and threaten to sue people who called you out last time, I won't bother calling you what you really are, reply all you want I won't say anything further, in the open forum.

The only reason I quote this is to set few things straight.

1) I hate no one. Not even that individual who attacked me and nearly killed me in the past. If you find hidden messages, hatred or what ever from my comments then it's between your ears. Or maybe my comments to my 3rd language doesn't always translate perfectly the way I want to express myself. My main point yesterday was I might see Lewis less pretentious and more serious influencer if he decides to something next level stuff that webbsy suggested. If I have to point one feeling I felt yesterday with my comment it's probably lassitude or fatigue. Not hate.

2) I share thoughts with Mario Andretti and Sir Jackie Stewart about using F1 as political platfrom. In my understanding FIA has had strict rules on any political agendas and comments inside the sports. It was last time enforced agains Ferrucci who wanted to have Trump slogan on their car two years ago at Silverstone, which FIA rightfully denied. The other incident I can remember is Jerez 1997 podium incident which led the track to lose Grand Prix for good. I want sports to be just sports. Of course it's a different case is someone does something wrong inside the sports event, like Ferrucci and his dad did for his Indian team mate in F2 for example.

3) My opinion on Lewis is that he should focus on his racing, the whole world is not always agreeing with him and it shouldn't be a surprise to him when Romain Grosjean says something like "we already did that". I don't blame him for making the sports boring, FIA and Mercedes (and maybe Ferrari and Renault as well) have made it possible for Lewis to dominate the sports which ever way he likes since 2014. Before that he was already a deserving world champion and multiple times runner up, so everyone knew since his F1 debut what's going to come if he gets the best car. Other drivers have not shown much interests on global issues, which many has stated here and in medias even before this summer. Some think drivers should comment more, others think they shouldn't.

4) What ever conversations I've privately have had with administrators and/or moderators of this forum is strictly confidential between me and them. But let me be clear that I have not threat to sue anyone to this date on this forum.

5) Most of you don't really know me. I don't label people or judge people on lose basis. I treat everyone as an individual and usually in a respectable manner. I don't feel the need to list my achievements, work title, or education level here to prove a point.

Scott, I don't know what your problem is and I really don't care the same way I don't find surviving a car bomb funny, but please do us both a favor and ignore me from now on. I promise you to do the same. I hope you find your peace someday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:45 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

And as a peace loving individual I promise to not comment anything else about Hamilton than his racecraft for now, if that makes someone's life better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You bring up Jerez and I remember that while the mayor got Jerez banned from holding GP's in future for what he did, it pales in comparison to Turkey's stunt about North Cyprus and they only got a silly fine for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:01 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Gaara wrote:
You bring up Jerez and I remember that while the mayor got Jerez banned from holding GP's in future for what he did, it pales in comparison to Turkey's stunt about North Cyprus and they only got a silly fine for it.

Good point, I had forgot what happened at Turkey. Probably one of a reason why the contract for GP was not renewed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

amq55 wrote:
amq55 wrote:

BTW, Portimão will have spectators, no word on the other races.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Good point, I had forgot what happened at Turkey. Probably one of a reason why the contract for GP was not renewed.

I believe the fine was a subtle way of banning the race without saying it was banned. Because it was a fine big enough to blow the local promoters and making the race not viable anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And I am very happy to see Portimão on the calendar. I fucking love this track!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:28 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

2020 on track to having the best schedule.

All 3 additions are awesome. Imola will be a serious nostalgia trip, the 'ring in October will be DRAMA, Portimao sounds kool too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:34 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Dicksplaash wrote:
2020 on track to having the best schedule.

All 3 additions are awesome. Imola will be a serious nostalgia trip, the 'ring in October will be DRAMA, Portimao sounds kool too.

For years fans have asked more GPs in Europe and now we suddenly do. If they use the Bahrain outer layout, this season has most definitely one of the most amazing calendars ever.

And while there might not be much overtaking at Mugello or Imola, chances are that F1 will not return these tracks again. So I'm for sure gonna watch every session and support races on these flowing old time tracks. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
ah Imola is back, now is just a matter of letting the cars run full throttle and see the magic happening

PS: if you're going to hate something. hate Mercedes. Boring team, boring cars, boring everything. If they were a restaurant, all their meals would taste like distilled water

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

For me, the cherry on top would be a return to Sepang (and uh, Vietnam I guess), along with these other Euro tracks which I am very happy to see.

And I'll just pretend like Lewis and Mercedes don't exist. F1 would be much better and more interesting without their presence, not to mention their political masturbation/attention whoring. :yuk:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Be careful, you don't want to be tracked down and publicly labelled as ignorant for calling out their political masturbation/attention whoring ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:14 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I didn't think it was possible to be more ashamed of some of you on this forum but you keep doing it

You people need to listen to the latest episode of Beyond the Grid with Willy T Ribbs, someone who is immune to anyone's criticisms of privilege or having it easy or whatever bullshit people accuse Lewis of. (Not that someone making a success of themselves should mean they should ignore their background or how hard it was for them to get to where they are today like some people here seem to want him to do)

Everything he says about representation is so important and is from 100% different perspective of everyone here and that's what people fail to consider

It would be the easiest thing in the world for Lewis to quit doing what he's doing right now and shut up about it, but that's exactly why he shouldn't. The rich white man sport needs to learn that he isn't going to be an outlier, he's hopefully inspiring a new generation of people of all backgrounds to join the sport now and is putting his money where his mouth is and setting up a diversity project to bring such drivers forward into karting and hopefully further into the sport.
Hell, he doesn't even have the FIA on his side atm with some of the things Todt has said
So you may see them as mere publicity stunts or a hypocrite or virtue signalling or whatever other horse shit that makes you not realise you're part of the problem, but there's no going back now.
If you don't like it when there's one mixed race driver in a sea of white faces, you're gonna hate it in 15/20 years or so when there's going to be all kinds of people racing these electric/hydrogen powered things around tracks you hate even more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
If you don't like it when there's one mixed race driver in a sea of white faces, you're gonna hate it in 15/20 years or so when there's going to be all kinds of people racing these electric/hydrogen powered things around tracks you hate even more.

Huh? I don't mind that at all. That makes no difference to me, seeing as how I myself am mixed-race.

And I really appreciate what Willy T. Ribbs went through. He actually had it rough. Lewis and Bubba? Yeah...no. :lol:

And before you call me out on that, Willy essentially said the same thing. ;) :yes:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 169 70 71 72 73123 Next