TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 151 52 53 54 55123 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:45 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Jonny wrote:
About Lewis Hamilton. It seems wrong to me that the BBC are calling him 'black', when he has a white mother. I also think he should learn something -

Alright, time to break down how fucking stupid this little meme is. (That I'd be willing to bet you didn't make yourself and just reposted cause learning about others and having your own thoughts would be too much work.)

"Lewis Hamilton has called for any statues linked to racism in Britain to be pulled down - from the luxury of his Monaco mansion."
I'm sorry this is so hard for you to understand. This might be a surprise to someone like you, but most people who aren't racist, don't care where it's happening. They are decent human beings who feel everyone should be treated equal no matter where you live or how you look. Does this mean that every protest outside of the US is invalid because they don't live on the same piece of land as George Floyd?

"What he won't tell you is the company that pays his miulti-million pound salary made a fortune from jewish slave labour during ww2 - just 75 years ago"
Thank you for proving further how ignorant you are on history and race. What YOUR DUMBASS WON"T TELL US is that mercedes paid out $12million in reparations to the labour's family's. Does this make up for everything? Hell no! But at least they took responsibility for their ways and did something about it. If you have to go back 75 years to find something negative (that the company already acknowledged, took action and has clearly not done those actions since) then you are realllllly stretching to make your point. Tends to happen when you're blinded by racism and can't fully see the facts.

"And many of those Jewish slaves were later sent to concentration camps - where they met their deaths in horrific circumstance."
:slaphead: I could rant on this one forever but to keep it sorta on topic with current events....
Yes sorry, black individuals, clearly, have never been slaves and having an officer kneel on your neck for nearly 9 minutes while you beg for breath is completely not a horrific circumstance. How dare some one, who "has a white mother", even think of complaining about this!!

"Hugo Boss made the Nazi uniforms, Volkswagen & Audi both used Jewish slave labour and produced military vehicles during the war. If you want to jetwash Western history, don't forget about the individuals and corporations that pay your bloated salary - otherwise you look like an over-privileged hypocrite."
Once again, your ignorance and racism takes over being a decent human being. You're digging into the past of companies that, not only have they acknowledged their past, but they havent done actions even close to those since. But, hey, why forgive and let their new actions speak for themselves when you could just keep being an ignorant fuck and use 75 year old info to support your racist views. But, if you want overlook world history and to forget about the individuals and corporations that have grown, apologized and moved on to be successful enough (75 years later) to pay the large salary of a Formula 1 driver, then you're just twisting old stats to support your racism........ But there's no way you'd do that, I'm sure - otherwise you'd look like an over-privileged racist.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:30 am 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

So much bad shit in this thread that I'm just going to like all the posts that are already calling out the racism. But yes, to say Lewis isn't black is very racist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:40 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

It's even worse in a way, I've heard from a black friend (who yes, only got into f1 because of lewis and I for one think that's a great thing) that there is such a thing as colourism and some black people can be just as racist to him because he isn't black ENOUGH

Now aside from an episode of the fresh prince of bel air where carlton is teased for not being black enough, I had no idea this was a thing either.

So whichever way you look at it, Lewis has certainly had one of the roughest rides to f1 and even though he has succeeded beyond belief, it still won't be good enough for some people

You know how some Lewis haters say they dont hate his race they just can't stand him as a person and anyone who challenges the hate he gets and says some of it is due to racism....makes you wonder doesn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thing is, after seeing so much NBA and last dance documentary, NBA was racist, they never really considered european players until Petrovic and some Lithuanian players came in, so it was pretty racist the other way. Also they were always saying: "What can this white European fella do anyway? To me it sounds pretty racist the other way,to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I won't call anyone here out as racist because we live in a racist world and in some or other, we are all racists - the ones who are called out here and the ones calling out and myself. It's something ubiquitous, and even if you don't use any slurs, you might take some kind of advantage that. It's all about a system we all live in.

codename_47 wrote:
It's even worse in a way, I've heard from a black friend (who yes, only got into f1 because of lewis and I for one think that's a great thing) that there is such a thing as colourism and some black people can be just as racist to him because he isn't black ENOUGH

Now aside from an episode of the fresh prince of bel air where carlton is teased for not being black enough, I had no idea this was a thing either.

There is the other way round too. They recasted Vivian Banks in the show because the first actress didn't get along with Will. And part of it was because Will was bullish with her, even making remarks about her dark skin color.

The problem I see here, is that Lewis made a point that seems to be pretty valid, but people are not giving a damn about the message and shooting the messenger. 'He's too wealthy and his money comes from companies that did atrocious thing decades ago.', 'He isn't even black because his mother is white'. Imagine someone saying 'Hey he isn't Asian enough' or 'he isn't Brazilian enough' when Schumacher made huge donations to relief programs abroad.

Guys, I know you don't want to come across as racists, but you are doing quite an effort not to talk about the message and nitpick every little excuse to bash Lewis so that you can avoid talking about the discomfort you feel about the message. I think I get it. Seriously.

I get annoyed about some comments here, but I know it hurts to see the status quo questioned. That guy is supposed just to go in circles like an idiot but he's been bringing relevant questions we should all think about - it's a chance for all of us. That's why I don't want to call out anyone here. I really believe it's will take us nowhere.

But please just think of the message for a moment instead of trying to find something that makes Lewis looking like a hypocrite. It doesn't matter. Instead of just pushing your opinions about something that you have not lived, try to listen more. Some half-baked judgments will only show how little we understand about something we are trying to expose our opinion about.

Try to dig deep on why there are people going into the streets during a pandemic because it matters to them before bringing Lewis' mother as an argument or whatever.

Seriously, make an effort to understand it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
even though people say he isn't black, his skin color is black, he must had suffered (and might still suffer) from prejudice who can't stand a guy like him, with his lavish lifestyle, to be successful so keep bashing him in every single way. Mostly because they deem him as incompatible to what Formula One (and motorsports in general) had alway be, a sport dedicated to white elites

he can earn millions a year and act like a real douche, but at least he's doing his effort to make things change. Who would know that first black driver in F1 could turn himself into one of the best in history? I find it amazing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dan Belcher wrote:
iks wrote:
Lewis, for all intents and purposes, is just another white F1 driver.

What the fuck???

Uh yeah I think I've been misunderstood. He is obviously, physically not white. But, I'm not speaking in physical terms here. I thought that was obvious but I should have made myself more clear in such an incendiary topic.

He is "white" in the sense that he is of the same social class as the others, more or less. I see no difference between them. They all come from privileged backgrounds. Not hard to understand guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:43 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

You know what's black, but get referred as white? Pirelli Hard compound.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

We should just take a page from the South Africans and call him coloured.

[/sarcasm]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought I'd look at some of the comments on Lewis' posts on social media. There were some vile comments, including one from one of our own admins.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:12 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I thought I'd look at some of the comments on Lewis' posts on social media. There were some vile comments, including one from one of our own admins.

You can't just leave it down like that, bro. Finish the story.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

iks wrote:
Dan Belcher wrote:
iks wrote:
Lewis, for all intents and purposes, is just another white F1 driver.

What the fuck???

Uh yeah I think I've been misunderstood. He is obviously, physically not white. But, I'm not speaking in physical terms here. I thought that was obvious but I should have made myself more clear in such an incendiary topic.

He is "white" in the sense that he is of the same social class as the others, more or less. I see no difference between them. They all come from privileged backgrounds. Not hard to understand guys.

I'm not sure when a child of divorce who had to live with his dad in camper vans as Anthony worked 3 jobs to fund the Karting hobby is a privileged background all of a sudden

Even Ron only came in and paid his racing expenses, he didn't suddenly move him into a mansion or something.

And that's before you figure in that family has a disabled child too....

So yeah, swing on a miss on that aspect of trying to paint Lewis as not having a hard a life as he actually has had.

He might have the wealth now, but goddamnit, he's EARNT It

Lance Stroll or someone like that? Then we'll talk....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
iks wrote:
Dan Belcher wrote:
What the fuck???

I'm not sure when a child of divorce who had to live with his dad in camper vans as Anthony worked 3 jobs to fund the Karting hobby is a privileged background all of a sudden

Even Ron only came in and paid his racing expenses, he didn't suddenly move him into a mansion or something.

And that's before you figure in that family has a disabled child too....

So yeah, swing on a miss on that aspect of trying to paint Lewis as not having a hard a life as he actually has had.

He might have the wealth now, but goddamnit, he's EARNT It

Lance Stroll or someone like that? Then we'll talk....

I echo codename_47 here. If you, iks, really believe that, then you have no idea. It's like codename_47 said it. On top of that, he's dyslexic and had a very hard time at school because his school would support his racing 0% and give him detentions for missing days when he was karting. Those detentions would make him miss even more class and he was, without karting, already behind being dyslexic. Now imagine how easy it was to catch up?! And then breaking down someone's background on skin color, WTF?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
we live in a racist world and in some or other, we are all racists - the ones who are called out here and the ones calling out and myself

I think this is worth repeating before we get too judgey with eachother and our respective arguments. I 100% disagree with Johnny and only understand what Iks is saying 5%, but motorsport is not a hobby you get into expecting perfect alignment on social or political views. And while I'm doing as much #blm as every other liberal white person right now, I also have to be honest that if I jog past a group of Ethiopian teenagers in a community housing block occasionally I'll look behind me 10 seconds later - and then feel like a complete fuckwith for doing so.

None of us are above it all, and I do appreciate that at least here people are honest about their views and take the time to try and explain them, which is a nice change from the echo chambers I usually find myself in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:56 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Lewis came from nothing. His dad worked multiple jobs to support his karting.

Contrast to the pay drivers like Chilton who've done stuff all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can't you guys discuss this somewhere else?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 am 

Baku, Singapore and Suzuka have been canned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Baku, Singapore and Suzuka have been canned

That's a shame. 3 races that I actually look forward to. Imagine if we end up with double headers at Sochi and Abu Dhabi instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:39 am 

Bahrain should get 2 races because it is actually exciting

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, I hate to admit it because it's one of those modern car parks with bland surroundings, but it does have a habit of putting on some good races.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 151 52 53 54 55123 Next