TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 7181 Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The biggest problem is always that the FIA invents a lot of new rules which seem interesting on paper, but after two races it is clear that all teams have found the same solution to cope best with those rules and how these rules affects them the least. And then you have the same borefest with everyone on the same strategy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they should change the race rules every two races, or announce the rules right before the formation lap to make the teams not to figure things out

do it like Super Mario game, an easy child's game into unfair Mario, but with F1 instead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

pending wrote:
Not exactly willing to get in between you two, but I do believe you missed Ian's point.

Yes, it flew way over his head at about the same speed F1's popularity is tanking.

I'm not going to bother responding to @Scotty because it's pointless, he has one view, I another I know it's an unpopular thing but we should just agree to disagree, I've given up on the sport I've loved since I was a child, I'm now nearly 50 and have found something else that interests me just as much if not more, I doubt I will ever watch Motorsport anywhere near as much as I would do two or three years ago again.

what you know now as Motorsport is not the Motorsport I grew up watching, if a persons first thought is "you're an idiot" to learning that rather than trying to understand why, then that says more about the person doing the labelling than it does the person who has become disillusioned with the direction the sport has taken.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

I'm still failing to see what's "progressive" about Liberty beyond banning grid girls tbh

Nor do I understand what other market it should be aiming for by keeping them or why that justifies anything

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
I'm still failing to see what's "progressive" about Liberty beyond banning grid girls tbh

It's about how you portrait the women who are there. If the only women in the spotlight during an F1 transmission are hot women, you might not be welcoming women who are truly interested in the sport. You're silently telling the best they can get is being the hot lady fortunate enough to be next to a driver and perhaps banging with him.

I really appreciate this decision. But taking grid girls away and having only the likes of Monisha I hired 6 drivers for 2 seats Kaltenborn or Claire I dropped a team from 2nd best to totally out of this league Williams to show won't be a very successful move.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vassago wrote:
trout wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Liberty is appeasing the social justice BS like getting rid of the grid girls. Btw, what happened with those kids that were supposed to replace grid girls? I haven't seen them whatsoever (while Dorna keeps flashing these Monster umbrella girls left, right & center in MotoGP despite them calling out F1 over their own girls).

Liberty doesn't have an inch of the guts Bernie had so they will NEVER enforce anything on those teams. The teams know it and they will play hardball with these schmucks all over the place.

i'd say there's 2 main reasons grid girls needed to go

1 - in a sense it says that a woman's place at the race track isn't in the cars, but holding the umbrellas and looking good for the cameras. i shouldn't have to say this, but that thinking is sexist as fuck

2 - ultimately it objectifies women and women's bodies

bonus reason: most of modern society had already figured this out and liberty was smart enough - or should i say, had the "guts" to do something about it

Are you running for political office or just trolling? Again, what about Dorna calling F1 out while keeping up with the umbrella girls everywhere? This modern society shtick is getting depressing. People have gotten extremely soft and are bitching about everything back & forth. God knows we need another global war for these stupid comments to stop. When you're taking money from oil sheiks to host races don't give me the "sexist" and "modern society" high morals because it's hypocrisy of the highest order :yuk:

making a good moral decision is still good, even if the decision-maker is a hypocrite. would it be better if they were morally reprehensible across the board? the good should inform the bad; the bad should not be an excuse to forgo the good

sure, our society is filled with "bad faith" as sartre would say, but that isn't an excuse to give in to your own hedonistic or "nostalgic" feelings if they perpetuate injustice or oppression

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:57 pm 

EAS wrote:
James B wrote:

It's about how you portrait the women who are there. If the only women in the spotlight during an F1 transmission are hot women, you might not be welcoming women who are truly interested in the sport. You're silently telling the best they can get is being the hot lady fortunate enough to be next to a driver and perhaps banging with him.

I really appreciate this decision. But taking grid girls away and having only the likes of Monisha I hired 6 drivers for 2 seats Kaltenborn or Claire I dropped a team from 2nd best to totally out of this league Williams to show won't be a very successful move.

Yeah, I agree with all of that, I wasn't disagreeing. I meant what have Liberty done that's so "progressive", as Ian puts it, that isn't getting rid of grid girls? Or is that literally the only thing?*

(*It's literally the only thing, I am being facetious)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

trout wrote:
Vassago wrote:
trout wrote:

i'd say there's 2 main reasons grid girls needed to go

1 - in a sense it says that a woman's place at the race track isn't in the cars, but holding the umbrellas and looking good for the cameras. i shouldn't have to say this, but that thinking is sexist as fuck

2 - ultimately it objectifies women and women's bodies

bonus reason: most of modern society had already figured this out and liberty was smart enough - or should i say, had the "guts" to do something about it

Are you running for political office or just trolling? Again, what about Dorna calling F1 out while keeping up with the umbrella girls everywhere? This modern society shtick is getting depressing. People have gotten extremely soft and are bitching about everything back & forth. God knows we need another global war for these stupid comments to stop. When you're taking money from oil sheiks to host races don't give me the "sexist" and "modern society" high morals because it's hypocrisy of the highest order :yuk:

making a good moral decision is still good, even if the decision-maker is a hypocrite. would it be better if they were morally reprehensible across the board? the good should inform the bad; the bad should not be an excuse to forgo the good

sure, our society is filled with "bad faith" as sartre would say, but that isn't an excuse to give in to your own hedonistic or "nostalgic" feelings if they perpetuate injustice or oppression

My hedonistic feelings might not matter to you and even Liberty, if there's nobody watching F1 in this appeasement era then what's the whole point of this sport anyway? The sheiks will still hand out the cash and Liberty will take it even if the stands are half empty. The same thing happens in tennis, they've added a ton of tournaments in China that nobody is watching in the stands. But China fills the cashbox so why do WTA have to care about the fans anyway?

Sport used to be entertainment for the people, now F1 is only for the "progressive modern society"? Really? That's your message? And if I don't support the grid girls ban then I'm an idiot like Scotty said? Seriously? In this case I don't want a single piece of this progressive crap and I'll stick to my idiotic nostalgia. Thx.

PS. Bring back the tobacco liveries! That should make the progressive minds go totally haywire :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyway.

Read today that Hamilton is and has been a vegan for the past 1,5 years. A top athlete being vegan, not many will be able to maintain that.

He keeps on getting douchier and douchier for me. Yes that's right, I have a thing against vegans.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well then you ought to try out Neat Burger next time you're in London! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Anyway.

Read today that Hamilton is and has been a vegan for the past 1,5 years. A top athlete being vegan, not many will be able to maintain that.

He keeps on getting douchier and douchier for me. Yes that's right, I have a thing against vegans.

quite easy to keep a vegan diet while being a top athlete when you can afford it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

We should totally bring back the tobacco liveries. They were always the best looking cars and their dump truck loads of sinful money filled the coffers nicely.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

but tobacco is bad, mkay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Anyway.

I dont really mind him being vegan but his Instagram post where he basically tried to guilt trip everyone that isnt a vegan makes me hate vegans as a lot of them do.

yay for being proud of your lifestyle but dont shove your ideas down my throat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well instead of blaming everyone for the murder of cattle he could use his social media to show regular people how to cook edible and affordable vegan meals

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:55 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

Ah, one of those people, where "I'm vegan" = "Hey, look at me! Look at how much better than everyone else I think I am!" Wouldn't expect any less from the tosser.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:50 pm 

Sure as I heck I can't stand the veganism propaganda. These bozos are trying to force other people what they should eat. Just live and let live but obviously no, the vegans know better how other people should be living their lives. Absolutely can't stand this attitude. If Hamilton was getting his ass beat by Red Bulls and Ferraris he wouldn't be talking about veganism whatsoever but he's got another title in the bag so he can jump on the veganism propaganda since he's got no better things to do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Its not better for the enviroment and it doesn't help with stainable farming long term, it's much more efficient to let cattle graze on the land then eat the cattle than it is kill all the local ecosystem and rape the land continuously for an ever decreasing crop yield, but that's a conversation for another day.

The farmer next to our flying field grows rapeseed, while I was running about like a lunatic hoping to recover a plane before he ploughed it into the ground the other week he stopped ploughing and I asked why rapeseed? He basically said that it was the only thing that would grow in the ground now (used to be a sweetcorn field) as the land was so infertile, oh and "the enviromental nutters love it" lol

I must admit, skimming across the top of the rapeseed at 120mph does look nice through the headset though, so it's pretty at least.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:29 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

There's a lot of people here being angry just for the sake of being angry

So you don't like Hamilton, great. We got that the 100th time you mentioned it in about 2009

So why do you even follow his instagram/read a story about his instagram posts? Nothing he does now will ever win you over, so why waste the energy?

Personally I think Vettel is way more self involved, arrogant and childish (like his tantrum after Canada this year, which apparently was "legendary" because A) he's in a ferrari and B) He was going to be a non-Hamilton winner before he messed it up for himself
But do I read news stories about his personal life? No
Do I care about what he gets up to outside of an F1 weekend? No
Ok, I admit i'm luckier here because he doesn't seem to want a public profile or social media account but the same applies when he tries some amazin' german humor in a press conference and people label it as brilliant and hilarious.
Lewis tries a joke in a press conference and he's arrogant and a douche

There's no doubt Lewis is presented a certain way by the media, (the team radio guy definitely has it in for him, presenting every negative thing he says on the broadcast when in reality, literally every driver reacts like that because they're driving at 100% and sound breathless and demanding. But only Lewis' negative stuff where he's questioning the team (again, they all do, if they even have the capacity to talk while driving) is played and the positive stuff when he's building up the team is mysteriously not)

I can remember the same thing happening to Beckham tbh when I was a kid
He was liked when he was an up and comer, then suddenly he's partying too much, dating a spice girl and launching a brand, hated for about 10 years until suddenly it switched over again and he's a legend again.
Just standard media tactics

I hope the same will happen with Lewis when he retires, because the only true barometer that matters is the championship table and he does pretty well at that tbf.

But the real truth is, tbh, they're all pricks.
They all have to be selfish, entitled douchebags because that's the kind of self belief you need to get to the top in Formula 1
Even Kimi, whose clipped, rude, selfish 1 word answers to press conferences are so arrogant they go all the way around the scale to being hilarious.
But he'd still be an annoying dude to have at a party, drinking all the drink straight off, not talking and having to be carried home/to a hospital.

Hamilton's worst crime is he wants everyone to like him and not realising not everyone will.
TBH a lot of people wrote him off even before he turned a wheel just because of the way he is (NOT THAT! : :p His dry, chilled personality type) (Though a minority would've for that reason too, sadly) and he'll never win them over
Sadly he seems to always want to, maybe it's because being devoted to a motorsport career leads you with not that great social skills/friendship group (looking at his one true (ex?) Friend Rosberg, that seems to be the case too) and always desperate to win people over
When he realises he has to just let the haters hate, hopefully he'll calm down on the socials

Until then, haters, you ever thought about going to your social media app of choice, going to the filters and type in the words "Hamilton" and "Lewis", that way even if someone RT's or reblogs him, you won't see it?
I did that with recent political angry words like Brexit and Trump and trust me, the world is a nicer place without it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So is his dog vegan as well?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 7181 Next