TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 6381 Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:11 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Metzo wrote:
exactly.

Tilke can provide good tracks, people seem to forget about sepang or istanbul or his none f1 tracks like aragon.

It wouldn't hurt if other architects get a chance. Does he have a lifetime contract with F1 or something?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
webbsy wrote:
Chain Bear F1 did a video that neatly sums up Tilke. Yes the FIA have a set of guide lines but Tilke keeps building essentially the same track each time. So yes, the blandness is Tilke's fault.

More precisely, the blandness comes from the fact FIA only picks Tilke to design the tracks, and anyone's creativity has a limit. Tilke's creative juice has gone a long time ago.

The FIA has some strict rules regarding car design yet the teams all seem to interpret the rules in their own way and manage to build a car that complies with the rules yet looks fairly different from the rest.

In other news, Grosjean staying at Haas. Seems Hulkenberg rejected them. So, goodbye Hulk?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Seriously? One more season with the same horrible lineup? Netflix must be in heaven.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But why?

Grosjean and Magnussen are the two guys I would miss the least if they weren't on the grid in 2020.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Haas really are stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rumor has it Hulk was asking too much money. Apparently he gets $10m from Renault.

I think Hulk boned himself royally. Aldo Costa is joining Dallara in 2020 so Haas could greatly benefit from that.
Besides that, its basically the only seat left where he would be considered.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kubica is leaving Williams. No surprise there.

https://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/ ... 019-season

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Steiner said they didn't even make an official offer for Hulk. He also said Grosjean stays because he's feedback on the struggling car is important and the team doesn't want to change a driver in such a moment when they have to deal with the current car poor performance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:19 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

RtN wrote:
A report in AMuS suggests that Zandvoort are going to knock down the old last corner and replace it with something much like the original Peraltada with significant banking and a soft wall right at the edge of the track. Because of the banking, the corner is expected to be full throttle.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... teilkurve/

I've had the chance to take a look at the (detailed) plans for 2020, and they have actually started works on them already too. The final corner will indeed be banked (3,5 meters height difference, around 15 degrees), in order to increase the DRS zone and to make overtaking at Tarzan corner possible. I'm guessing that will also be the only real overtaking opportunity of the entire track, but with lap times expected to be just over a minute that might not be that bad.

There will also be changes to the second and third corner, and the chicane. They will be widened, and corner 3 will also be banked in order to increase mid-corner speed. Besides that there won't be a lot of changes track and run-off wise, there will however be a lot of new tunnels, paths and other stuff though. If you want to know anything in specific, ask me :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
haha Hulk asked too much money to a team on a budget, now he must bring money to stay in F1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

racefan wrote:
RtN wrote:
A report in AMuS suggests that Zandvoort are going to knock down the old last corner and replace it with something much like the original Peraltada with significant banking and a soft wall right at the edge of the track. Because of the banking, the corner is expected to be full throttle.

I've had the chance to take a look at the (detailed) plans for 2020, and they have actually started works on them already too. The final corner will indeed be banked (3,5 meters height difference, around 15 degrees), in order to increase the DRS zone and to make overtaking at Tarzan corner possible. I'm guessing that will also be the only real overtaking opportunity of the entire track, but with lap times expected to be just over a minute that might not be that bad.

There will also be changes to the second and third corner, and the chicane. They will be widened, and corner 3 will also be banked in order to increase mid-corner speed. Besides that there won't be a lot of changes track and run-off wise, there will however be a lot of new tunnels, paths and other stuff though. If you want to know anything in specific, ask me :)

That's encouraging. I know that overtaking will be difficult, but seeing F1 cars on a fast, narrow circuit like Zandvoort will be a great sight.

Are any of the gravel traps going to become tarmac?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:52 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I don't get it. Zandvoort seems to have plenty of room to make Tarzanbocht better overtaking place by lengthening the straight and re-profiling the corner. Or is that land outside of the track protected or owned by someone else?

Otherwise the plan sounds good. There's a lot of cool tracks in the world that really only have one good overtaking place but still provide a good show.

And finally we might get the real problem of F1 solved. To keep those Max fans in one place and leave the other good venues better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:41 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
racefan wrote:
RtN wrote:

That's encouraging. I know that overtaking will be difficult, but seeing F1 cars on a fast, narrow circuit like Zandvoort will be a great sight.

Are any of the gravel traps going to become tarmac?

The track owner is very much against tarmac, so in the current plans there is none of that. The design is also being done by Dromo rather than Tilke. However the plans do still have to be signed off by the FIA and FOM, and they were talking about a 1 meter wide strip of tarmac (buffer zone) at a couple of corners. From what the guys at the track told me that's not going to happen though, and most of the spectator areas will also remain as they are, not like in Spa where you have to bring a ladder to see over the huge fences. And there will obviously be new, more smooth and wider curbstones around the track.

NVirkkula wrote:
I don't get it. Zandvoort seems to have plenty of room to make Tarzanbocht better overtaking place by lengthening the straight and re-profiling the corner. Or is that land outside of the track protected or owned by someone else?

Otherwise the plan sounds good. There's a lot of cool tracks in the world that really only have one good overtaking place but still provide a good show.

And finally we might get the real problem of F1 solved. To keep those Max fans in one place and leave the other good venues better.

Technically there is lots of room, but directly behind the spectator area on the outside of Tarzan (which is only 3 meters wide and also functions as service 'road') there is a protected conservancy area. It actually surrounds the whole track, which is also why any additional run-off at places like Slotemakers is a simply not possible.

And yes, that's true, and that's also the reason why I won't be going! Well, maybe the Friday (as I do expect some offs at Masters corner) if there isn't a better event to attend in the area.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Storey is back on the acid again. Now claiming Haas is in the process of selling the team to Saudi investors.
He really acts like the crazy ex that ignores restraining orders.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

An American team being sold to Saudi investors. As soon as Trump realises what is going on, he is going to send an angry tweet again!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Trump is gonna send some orders to mr Chase Carey to end this mess once for all

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:45 am 

Omega wrote:
An American team being sold to Saudi investors. As soon as Trump realises what is going on, he is going to send an angry tweet again!

Why is that? Saudi's are Trumps ally.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Video I took of Sebastian driving the Mission Winnow guests around Fiorano in the 3-seater Ferrari with a V10 in the back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:52 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

racefan wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:

Technically there is lots of room, but directly behind the spectator area on the outside of Tarzan (which is only 3 meters wide and also functions as service 'road') there is a protected conservancy area. It actually surrounds the whole track, which is also why any additional run-off at places like Slotemakers is a simply not possible.

And yes, that's true, and that's also the reason why I won't be going! Well, maybe the Friday (as I do expect some offs at Masters corner) if there isn't a better event to attend in the area.

Thanks for clarifying this. Ik waardeer het echt, mijn vriend.

Dutch Grand Prix would be so awesome place for me to go, as I had a life long friend from Rotterdam, who moved to live and work in my home town in late 90's. We joked about to go to Zantvoort since Max won his first race. He said that he would show all the great things of his home country to me and my father during the trip. Seeing the Netherlands with a personal guide. Imagine that. Unfortunately life is not always as you imagine it to be. My friend passed away in February all out of the blue. Now I rather stay at home.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Video I took of Sebastian driving the Mission Winnow guests around Fiorano in the 3-seater Ferrari with a V10 in the back.

Is this the Arrows AX3 with an F2001 nose, or did Ferrari build their own version? The sidepods look similar but the area around the cockpits and air intake don't.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1615 posts ]  Go to page Previous 159 60 61 62 6381 Next