TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SB83 wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
SB83 wrote:
Did anyone catch Hamilton asking the team if they could get Bottas to slow down so as to create some dirty air for Vettel? If that doesn't prove Bottas is already his bitch, I don't know what is.

No, it proves that he considers that Bottas should be his bitch.

The fact neither the team nor Bottas complied shows that he is not. Just because Hamilton says something on the radio and it's broadcasted on TV, doesn't mean Bottas or Mercedes or Charlie will take it into account.

Well yea but that kind of audacity underlies the clear upper hand Hamilton has in their relationship to where it's almost fair to say Bottas is his bitch in the making atleast. It shows how little he thinks of Bottas. To him, he is nothing but a pawn he can use to his advantage when it suits him. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to imagine the team would have actually given in to his request had he really started throwing his toys out the pram.

I'm pretty sure if they could exhume Senna and make him Lewis's teammate, Lewis would behave the same. In his head everyone is his bitch, that's just his default setting. The team had enough respect for Nico to give him a fair go regardless of what Lewis thought, so I wouldn't pronounce Bottas anyone's bitch just yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
I'm pretty sure if they could exhume Senna and make him Lewis's teammate, Lewis would behave the same.

Hamilton radio: "Please cut and re-weld the steering column on the other car".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry but that's tasteless.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:25 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Karan wrote:
Justin Time wrote:
Karan wrote:

I don't think Hamilton brake tested Vettel in the true sense of the word. But the odd thing was that he kept braking and bleeding speed through the entry of the corner and well past the apex too. Right when Vettel probably expected him to accelerate. You could argue that there's no excuse for running into the back of Hamilton regardless of what he was doing in the front. But what Hamilton did there was against the code and not on at all.

This isn't to excuse what Vettel did after at all, which I still believe was a stupidly careless mistake to not straighten up the car because he was so focused on wildly waving his hands at Hamilton his moment of red mist.

Just read the article again. And then watch the video again. Look at the shift lights that indicate constant speed of Hamilton and then maybe read the article for a third time. Lewis did nothing wrong. Vettel assumed that Lewis would accelerate, but he didn't. Its 100% Vettels fault.

His speed wasn't constant though that's the thing. Maybe you have access to some different telemetry but his speed kept dropping steadily through the apex and well into the exit of the corner, when he was expected to accelerate, at least even slightly. At least this is what the FOM onboard showed anyway. So not 100% Vettel's fault by any stretch of the imagination. I would say 50-50 at best.

50:50 if you accelerate and hit the guy in front, who is allowed to control the speed and did the same thing by cruising out of his corner on the last SC period. You might want to read what Ricciardo said about that. :D

Obviously you have your own way of looking at things, so I'll leave it at that. That's okay :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Having let the dust settle, it seems pretty clear Vettel lost his temper in the way only Vettel can. Lewis backed off more than he expected, and he let the red mist descent. I don't, however, think the bump was intentional. It does look more like he was so absorbed in shouting through his helmet that he wasn't paying attention. I don't think even a driver of Vettel's calibre, sitting that low in the car, could line up a perfect wheel bump whilst having a tantrum. If anything, he's lucky he did hit wheel-to-wheel.

Some classic Lewis today, though, in response to Vettel saying he wants to call him and clear the air:

Lewis wrote:
Firstly, he doesn't have my number.

I'm just going to do my talking on the track, that's most important for me.

I've heard of what he's said after the race.

I've not come out of the race pointing the finger or said anything. It is what it is.

I haven't said anything, he says...

Also Lewis wrote:
Driving alongside and deliberately driving into another driver and getting away pretty much scot-free as he still came fourth, I think that's a disgrace.

I think he disgraced himself today.

It definitely sets a precedent within F1 and it also does for all the young kids that are watching us drive and conduct ourselves.

They've seen today how a four-time champion behaves. Hopefully that doesn't ripple into the younger categories.

The stupid thing is, these aren't even unfair comments. He does have a good point! Why would you act like you haven't even reacted!?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's rather clear to everyone that the hit wasn't intentional, the images are pretty clear and the bump was way too hard and too much of an angle. Anger blindness, letting off one hand, and looking towards Lewis rather than checking where his wheels are in relation to the Mercedes. Anyone who's ever driven a car knows this.

The interesting question is, will Lewis keep talking about it like it was deliberate, even after seeing the TV images? As the second declaration was taken right after the race.

Also, will Vettel ever admit this as a honest mistake made while angry?

Also, why are they both acting like brats instead of grown-ups that suck it up like a man from one side, and own up to their mistakes from the other? The media is trying to sell this rivalry, but honestly even compared to Prost and Senna (who both did act like entitled brats in their time let's not forget it), they sound like babbling toddlers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lewis doesn't even respond if he brake tested him. He ignores the issues just as much as Vettel ignores the hit. Vettel has some serious frustration issues, but Lewis isn't really such a role model as well: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ugly-clash

They should hire Villeneuve and Irvine :D

Anyway, The Schumi / JPM incident comes to mind, where Schumi was a lot further ahead of JPM then Hamilton ever was of Vettel. Yeah, he braked, but nobody blamed JPM back then. But everyone who runs someone in the back is at fault right.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:57 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Not to defend Hamilton here but Schumacher's (braking)tactics were quite extreme, especially in the tunnel of Monaco.

Monza 2000 with Button also comes to mind, although that might have been part of Button's inexperience.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Button was inexperienced yeaa, but it was 100% Schumachers doing by bringing the field to such a slow speed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stewart has defended Vettel too >> http://www.foxsportsasia.com/motorsport ... behaviour/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SB83 wrote:

Actually no, he says Hamilton "slowed down so quickly in a very unlikely place", which even the FIA said he didn't. So Jackie started off with a false idea to begin with, but still goes on to say "What Vettel then did was to unquestionably collide with Hamilton. There is no room for that, no excuse for that and it is wrong. It is inappropriate behaviour."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:03 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

You're assuming the FIA never lies and the media reports it correctly. Look at the onboard from Hamilton, you can see his RPM is dropping as clear as day, thus decelerating.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And braking.

FIA never plays favourites...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:24 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yeah, look at the speed. Within about 100m throughout the corner he decelerated from 70 (I think) to 52, so yeah, he was really braking hard. And if you look at the onboards, Vettel actually hit him when he was off the brake and maintaining the speed. But yeah, it's Lewis' fault and clearly the FIA favors him, I agree. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He was entitled to build up a gap to the SC, but I think he just failed to account for how much he was going to cause a jam behind him. Schumi at Monza in 2000 is a good comparison - he was allowed to do it according to the rules, but it was always going to cause trouble behind.

Perhaps the rules need to be clarified - I mean, how often do this happen in IndyCar?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justin Time wrote:
Karan wrote:
Justin Time wrote:
Just read the article again. And then watch the video again. Look at the shift lights that indicate constant speed of Hamilton and then maybe read the article for a third time. Lewis did nothing wrong. Vettel assumed that Lewis would accelerate, but he didn't. Its 100% Vettels fault.

His speed wasn't constant though that's the thing. Maybe you have access to some different telemetry but his speed kept dropping steadily through the apex and well into the exit of the corner, when he was expected to accelerate, at least even slightly. At least this is what the FOM onboard showed anyway. So not 100% Vettel's fault by any stretch of the imagination. I would say 50-50 at best.

50:50 if you accelerate and hit the guy in front, who is allowed to control the speed and did the same thing by cruising out of his corner on the last SC period. You might want to read what Ricciardo said about that. :D

Obviously you have your own way of looking at things, so I'll leave it at that. That's okay :lol:

Well obviously you're choosing to ignore certain conduct that applies to the lead car under SC specifically in regards to erratic driving. He was off the brakes at corner exit yes, however he wasn't maintaining a constant speed at all. Look at the FOM onboard. He was still bleeding speed at the time of the collision which was slightly naughty given he knew how close Vettel was to his gearbox. But then again it's fairly typical for Lewis fanboys on this forum to only have their way of looking at things too so I'll just leave it at that and that's okay too :wave:

FYI Danny's comments were in reference to the unnecessary Vettel's actions after the initial collision with Lewis, which I already agreed above were hot headed, immature and cost him a sure win.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Hamilton didn't braked hard

if he had done it at low speed he might had locked the tires. but anyway they should change rules behind safety car and reinstate standing starts to cut off that leader advantage on restarts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some people here and elsewhere go a long way of convoluting the rear-ending incident to clear Vettel of responsibility and put it on Hamilton.

The FIA examined the telemetry. We all saw the speeds and the throttle/brake indicators on TV.

Vettel expected Hamilton to accelerate, which he didn't. He maintained his apex speed as he exited the corner (60 to 50kph by lifting off, does it matter for an F1 car? If you get surprised by that, you were too close to begin with. Comparing this to Schumacher at Monza braking hard from 200kph to 100kph in the middle of a straight would be ridiculous). You can clearly see on the overhead external cam that Hamilton kept his speed fairly constant (within a 10kph window), and it's Vettel rushing to accelerate out of the turn expecting Hamilton to go that caused the collision. Compare it to Perez and how the Perez/Hamilton gap remained somewhat constant when Vettel/Perez gap increased.

Don't just look at it from Vettel's eyes (onboard cam), as it will look like Hamilton braked suddenly. It's Vettel that accelerated into him. Hamilton was being a trickster here, kind of a dick move at that, but he was preparing his restart and it's not his job to comply with the expectations of the driver behind him, especially not while leading a SC restart phase and cruising at 50kph.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The whole thing is six of one and half a dozen of the other. Hamilton did what he typically does when he's leading the field on a safety car restart, he's got a reputation for it. And he did the same thing for both the first and second SC restarts. The difference between the first and the second was Vettel's proximity to Hamilton and he (Vettel) poorly anticipated Hamilton's exit speed from the corner. At the end of the day it was Vettel's mistake, although it is naive to suggest Hamilton's actions didn't contribute. That said the notion of a brake test is silly and the amount of over reaction since Sunday's incidents has been staggering as it has been hilarious. It appears that no matter what some drivers do people will use an action to justify dislike, hatred, unpopularity, undeserving, etc... against said driver (I'm guilty of that too at times).

I for one am happy that we have drivers with personalities behaving the way they do even if these driver's behaviour makes them look like dicks at times. F1 would be so vanilla otherwise. Keep it going please Lewis, Seb and the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:55 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

kals wrote:
The whole thing is six of one and half a dozen of the other. Hamilton did what he typically does when he's leading the field on a safety car restart, he's got a reputation for it. And he did the same thing for both the first and second SC restarts. The difference between the first and the second was Vettel's proximity to Hamilton and he (Vettel) poorly anticipated Hamilton's exit speed from the corner. At the end of the day it was Vettel's mistake, although it is naive to suggest Hamilton's actions didn't contribute. That said the notion of a brake test is silly and the amount of over reaction since Sunday's incidents has been staggering as it has been hilarious. It appears that no matter what some drivers do people will use an action to justify dislike, hatred, unpopularity, undeserving, etc... against said driver (I'm guilty of that too at times).

I for one am happy that we have drivers with personalities behaving the way they do even if these driver's behaviour makes them look like dicks at times. F1 would be so vanilla otherwise. Keep it going please Lewis, Seb and the rest.

Totally agree, fanboys don't help on this forum.

Don't agree about Vettel though, his reactions are borderline idiotic from time to time.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 535 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next