TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Time for a new avatar

Last edited by MotoKris1 on Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Logano was damn nasty dirty driver on that backstretch, Kyle has all the rights to be mad at him. Not like him vs Kenseth, were Kenseth blocked 3 times and then went for a takedown on another race. That was all Kenseth wrongdoing.

Anyway, 3 races, 3 great finishes, Nascar delivers again, still best series to watch the end of the race over Indy and F1 hands down and the end is where it counts mostly for me. Good Job.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:07 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

"He got loose"
My ass. He didn't like Kyle didn't take his bs blocking move with 2 and drove flat out in the corner to dump him , it's so blatant I don't even understand how some people can considerate it unintentionnal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kyle got a good shot in there before getting taken down.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ziomkris96 wrote:
Time for new avatar

FTFY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:16 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Soul Reaver wrote:
ziomkris96 wrote:
Time for new avatar

FTFY

Needs 10 crew members piling on too

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:17 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

WOO NASCAR :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess the cut was from the hood pin Busch got pushed onto since Joey never got a swing in, so much for his cocky "Kyle didn't connect with me" interview, that video is clear as day Kyle landed a quick right hook lol

Not quiet sure the on track incident was worth that though, but it does seem Joey is often the common denominator in these fights.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:23 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ian-S wrote:
I guess the cut was from the hood pin Busch got pushed onto since Joey never got a swing in, so much for his cocky "Kyle didn't connect with me" interview, that video is clear as day Kyle landed a quick right hook lol

Not quiet sure the on track incident was worth that though, but it does seem kyle is often the common denominator in these fights.

FTFY :mrgreen:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Soul Reaver wrote:
Logano was damn nasty dirty driver on that backstretch, Kyle has all the rights to be mad at him. Not like him vs Kenseth, were Kenseth blocked 3 times and then went for a takedown on another race. That was all Kenseth wrongdoing.

I agree

Soul Reaver wrote:
Anyway, 3 races, 3 great finishes, Nascar delivers again, still best series to watch the end of the race over Indy and F1 hands down and the end is where it counts mostly for me. Good Job.

They're really only 1/3 so far. Plate races pretty much always guarantee the win is up for grabs until the last lap (and Daytona was even aided by fuel drama). Atlanta was legit between the 2 and 42. And today's finish was completely aided by whatever was going south with BK's engine.

IndyCar is better, even on a dull day like today.

Last edited by Chris A on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hilarious. At least Kyle made the post race worth checking out, as opposed to the race itself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Chris A wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Logano is the best driver in NASCAR history

Takes Kyle out and lands punches on him (with help from his team) post race

That'll teach him

lol, have you ever managed a good take on anything?

Kyle Busch a popular NASCAR driver worth defending, who knew?

It was the last lap, Kyle thinks he was dumped, he was wrong he was just raced hard in the final turn and came off worst.

If it had been anyone but kyle, who is fine with out and out dumping someone for the win, this may be a different story, but since it was him and it was a racing incident, it's pretty damn hilarious.

If this is how you look at things, your arguments have no validity. You're not supposed to run drivers up against a popularity value before you decide what happened in an incident.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dan Belcher wrote:
That shot from turn 3 looking straight down the backstretch pissed me off. Busch straight up bodyslammed Logano. Yeah he was getting pinned in, but that's just smart racing by the 2 and 22. Nothing dirty about it. Body slamming someone out of your way? That's cheap. Logano had to enter the corner more shallow than he wanted and got in too hot, you could see the rear start to step out when he tried to pin it down, and he had to chase it.

Trying to pin someone behind a wounded car is really cheap, and really pretty dumb if you do it on the last lap. After seeing it a couple more times, I take back my implication that Keselowski had any blame. He was just holding his line against the wall. If he'd chosen to stay low it might have been fine but then he REALLY would have been in someone's way once he made it to the corner. It was really all Logano trying some cheap shit he should have known was going to cause a problem.

And I really think you need to have another look at Logano's punt. Yeah, his entry to three was shallow but he was well-cleared by Busch. Logano absolutely gassed it up to get back at Busch and dump him. The fact that he got loose was just a product of him trying to accomplish what he ended up doing. He flat out dumped the 18.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:51 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Chris A wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Chris A wrote:

lol, have you ever managed a good take on anything?

Kyle Busch a popular NASCAR driver worth defending, who knew?

It was the last lap, Kyle thinks he was dumped, he was wrong he was just raced hard in the final turn and came off worst.

If it had been anyone but kyle, who is fine with out and out dumping someone for the win, this may be a different story, but since it was him and it was a racing incident, it's pretty damn hilarious.

If this is how you look at things, your arguments have no validity. You're not supposed to run drivers up against a popularity value before you decide what happened in an incident.

You don't get to be the arbiter of what arguments are valid or not. And for the record, the popularity value of kyle just added extra spice to the incident rather than anything to do with the crash itself.

Though judging by your reply to Dan, if you think Kyle body slamming Joey in the middle of a straight is acceptable driving, it's your arguments I'd call into question.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not the arbiter. Just pointing out facts. We can talk all day about the incident itself...but that would mean ditching the joy/disappointment you feel based on the drivers involved.

I don't think it was wise of Kyle Busch to cut down so hard but...was he just supposed to roll over because Logano put him in that position? It's not as if they were having a straight up race and Kyle just cheap-shotted his opponent. Logano made that situation sketchy and drama ensued because of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

FWIW I don't really dig the fighting. And I'll admit right up front that I've never been in a literal, physical fight so maybe my view is tarnished because of that. But I'm not sure what good will come of NASCAR fostering this nearly "anything-goes" mentality on the track. I may have said it before, and I'm sure countless others have as well, but we've long since reached a point at which this garage area's idea of "self-policing" is ugly and dangerous as hell. They've already been lucky a few times not to have their anger result in something much more chilling than wrecked cars and the odd facial abrasion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris A wrote:
They're really only 1/3 so far. Plate races pretty much always guarantee the win is up for grabs until the last lap (and Daytona was even aided by fuel drama). Atlanta was legit between the 2 and 42. And today's finish was completely aided by whatever was going south with BK's engine.

IndyCar is better, even on a dull day like today.

Nah,
Plate races pretty much always guarantee the win is up for grabs until the last lap, and Daytona was even aided by fuel drama!!!! One of the best things to always watch, and I like fuel drama, and that was one of the best in that sense.

Atlanta was legit between the 2 and 42 - one pure racing ontrack deal after a atomic bomb exploded with the Harvick penalty news.

"And today's finish was completely aided by whatever was going south with BK's engine." So what? I'll take it for sure, best finish of the year so far.

Indy is a snooze fest even on the best road course days for me. Never mind the dull ones.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the only drama that ever happens anymore is off track

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not taking a shot at NASCAR just for how Daytona and Vegas ended. Just countering the point you seemed to be making that it's somehow intrinsic to NASCAR races that these finishes were dramatic. The two I pointed out were purely circumstantial, irrespective of the series IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
if you think Kyle body slamming Joey in the middle of a straight is acceptable driving, it's your arguments I'd call into question.

More than fair, if you race me dirty, i'll race you dirty. But Kyle still was just seeking enough space to survive and then went back to racing fair on the turn. Logano was a total dick on the first move, and not content on showing that only he can be the God at the track and do whatever he wants, dumped Kyle Busch on turn 3 because only he can race anyone dirty.

If you can't see this, it's hard for anyone to give any credit for your arguments, being me, Chris or anyone the decider of it's validity or not. :thumbsup:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next