TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92141 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Bianchi family have every right to take the FIA to court, considering the governing body has done nothing but try to use Jules as a scapegoat for their own failings which lead to and contributed to his death. Head protection is a knee jerk attempted fix that probably still wouldn't have protected Jules on that fateful day.

But then again, staging the race at a late stage in the day to suit worldwide TV audiences, racing in failing light conditions, putting a heavy duty vehicle onto a live race track, putting marshals to work on a live race track, only covering an incident using a local yellow flag, not deploying a safety car or neutralizing the race, using tyres that were not fully tested properly for the conditions despite the requests of the tyre manufacturer, allowing the race to proceed despite the medical helicopter being unable to fly, allowing the race to go on when the ambulance couldn't reach a major hospital in the prerequisite emergency time period... you know all of these things showed negligence on the FIAs part but the halo will surely fix that and demonstrate they are focused on the safety of competitors. Unless we have a Hungary 09 occurrence again. But then F1 and FIA didn't learn anything from that either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:48 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

And driver should be severely punished for blatantly ignoring yellow flags, double yellow flags. Drivers get more penalties from ignoring blue flags then from ignoring yellow flags. And this has nothing to do with shoving the blame into Bianchi or anyone. It's a sad fact these days. Remember that Hakkinen even got a pol under yellow flags because he acknowledged seeing the marshalls by putting up his hand. I know these are professionals, but apparently, rules don't apply to them. Yellow means slow down, double yellows means be prepared to come to a full stop. And about the safety car, please, all the bitching and moaning of drivers that the safety car is driving to slow because their tires get too cold for their liking. Seriously, cold tires over safety? That's how ridiculous this safety thing is for the drivers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:18 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

kals wrote:
The Bianchi family have every right to take the FIA to court, considering the governing body has done nothing but try to use Jules as a scapegoat for their own failings which lead to and contributed to his death. Head protection is a knee jerk attempted fix that probably still wouldn't have protected Jules on that fateful day.

But then again, staging the race at a late stage in the day to suit worldwide TV audiences, racing in failing light conditions, putting a heavy duty vehicle onto a live race track, putting marshals to work on a live race track, only covering an incident using a local yellow flag, not deploying a safety car or neutralizing the race, using tyres that were not fully tested properly for the conditions despite the requests of the tyre manufacturer, allowing the race to proceed despite the medical helicopter being unable to fly, allowing the race to go on when the ambulance couldn't reach a major hospital in the prerequisite emergency time period... you know all of these things showed negligence on the FIAs part but the halo will surely fix that and demonstrate they are focused on the safety of competitors. Unless we have a Hungary 09 occurrence again. But then F1 and FIA didn't learn anything from that either.

Absolutely agree it's a knee jerk reaction and they should take proper action.

Still I don't know why it's the halo that's already confirmed now and that nothing else is being tested anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
Primary reason they are introducing halo, in my cynical opinion, is that the Bianchi family are in the process of suing the FIA for squillions. Assuming there is a settlement;

- They do nothing about driver safety, they settle for squillions more (Bianchi's family lawyers put forward that the FIA have done nothing since the tragedy, therefore are an incompetent management group).

- They do something, they settle for settle for squillions less, because they've put in an effort. The fact its unpopular strengthens their case.

Or they take it to court, which is the last thing they want to do.

There definitely could be something in that. The FIA promised last year(?) that they would have some sort of head protection on the car for 2018 - maybe it relates to the insurance that they have.

Although Phillipe Bianchi was clear that the lawsuit was not about compensation but about assigning the blame for the accident properly - which is why Marussia are also one of the defendants as their brake-by-wire system did not work properly either.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so if they put the halo they will be obliged to race under rain, they could ban tire blankets because they are more safe?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Has anyone sued Lotus for the death of Jochen Rindt yet? If not, I'd like to make an effort.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:26 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Omega wrote:
Has anyone sued Lotus for the death of Jochen Rindt yet? If not, I'd like to make an effort.

And Williams for Senna's death, etc. etc. This is an endless cycle if you go that road. It shouldn't have to be an expectation that you could die doing motorsports, but it is allways a risk, no matter how 'safe' the sport has become or will become. You can still get a stuck throttle, or whatever, and hit a wall. In short, freak accidents will always happen and no knee jerk reaction will ever make the sport fatality-free. The accident of Villota didn't change anything. No extra bumpers on trucks or whatever, nothing. Those helping trucks and cranes have been there for ages. Wurz manages to get rear ended by one in F3. Did we stop using them? No? It's procedural things and the constant moaning of drivers that prevent progress on 'safety'. So why is suddenly the Bianchi crash so hugely important? Just because the FIA wants to absolves itself? How shocking. How many F3 accidents could have ended in fatalities because of ignoring flags? Do the drivers call for change? No they don't. And that says enough in itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I find it weird that in those past racing tragedies there weren't even criminal investigation

like that one in 1975 Spanish GP, some people died in a track that lacked safety even for 70's standarts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:30 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Lewis is not amused about Halo

*begin 5 pages of racing drivers pulling funny faces* :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:55 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:34 pm 
Eddie Jordan

A fan has had a go at making the halo less ugly. Done a decent job, IMO.

https://wtf1.com/post/an-f1-fan-has-rew ... ok-better/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

they should put a yellow flag light on the halo so drivers could really slow down

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Renault annouce Kubica and Nicholas Latifi to test the car in Hungary.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So, Palmer to IndyCar or WEC? Or Blancpain...

Meanwhile, Nobuharu Matsushita (a Honda-backed junior) will drive a Sauber at the same test.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

A Kubica comeback would be the weirdest and most awesome comeback ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:58 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

https://wtf1.com/post/jolyon-palmer-has ... nderpants/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Anyone here in Austria? There's a Castrol/Renault F1 promo on in some dealerships, get your pic inside a cutout of the F1 car, to enter a prize draw! The first round closes at the end of this month and there's still places that can win prizes available. Dealerships running it at the moment:

Wien - Renault Wien
Wien - Renault Donaustadt
Hartberg - Renault Peindl
Bruck an der Mur - Renault Bezovnik ARB
Leonding - Renault Sonnleitner - Leonding
Leonding - Renault Sonnleitner - Salzburg
Perchtoldsdorf - Renault Skala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

one more on the HALO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Haha I like this cartoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:36 am 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 188 89 90 91 92141 Next