TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1131 132 133 134 135141 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What else is there to talk about? The racing? Please.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Jeez the overreaction to this new logo is amazing

I think that's exactly what Liberty is looking for with such a big announcement to this logo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
What else is there to talk about? The racing? Please.

I completely agree. It says a lot about the state of the sport and the quality of yesterday’s GP when the dominant point of discussion is a new logo. I think the logo is fine though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
It says more about the supporters who support the sport. They're afraid of change, which is what Liberty is trying to do, because you don't evolve and expand by doing the same thing over and over again.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not afraid of change (to the logo at least haha) , I just think the new one is inferior to the old one. If you want to replace it fine, just come up with something that is more interesting and catching than the one you are replacing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

As far as change goes, the logo is the least of worries. I can only imagine the fallout after more serious changes (undoubtedly in the same vein) are made. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Not afraid of change (to the logo at least haha) , I just think the new one is inferior to the old one. If you want to replace it fine, just come up with something that is more interesting and catching than the one you are replacing.
Same here.

I've seen a lot of change since I started following F1 about 29 years ago. Some i've liked, Some I've been neutral on & some I've not liked at all. I'm not afraid of change, I don't mind change.... I just happen to think this particular change was not only unnecessary but has also resulted in something I don't think is as good as the way it was before.

That been said, It's done & I don't feel any amount of complaining or disliked on social media is going to change anything so i'll just have to get over my dislike & get used to it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

There is nothing wrong with the new logo. It is the inevitable progress that occurs all the time.

Pick up and move on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the new logo. It is the inevitable progress that occurs all the time.

Pick up and move on.

I don’t agree with this sentiment at all. If you don’t (or do) like something, say it. Let, whoever did something, know that they (in your eyes) did a bad (or good) job. It’s important and it does usually make a difference and send a message.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Live updates about the testing/Kubica in particular here (use Google Translate): http://powrotroberta.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... ien-1.html

Latest updates are at the bottom; seems he's finished practicing for today with a 7th fastest time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bobby K still going at it with over 100 laps done so far.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:

Pick up and move on.

For something to be considered progress, it needs to be an improvement over what it replaces.
The new logo does not fit that description, but Liberty is a media company and to them there's no such thing as bad publicity, people are talking/tweeting/facebooking/instagramming about it, job done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

It seems that Kubica took at least 1hr of Stroll's time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm interested to see what Liberty does with Sky. Liberty Global owns Virgin Media, one of Sky's competitors in the UK market ... but since all roads lead to Rome, financially speaking, it doesn't really matter who gets the license as the money goes up to Liberty anyway. If they can knock a few more bob from Sky/Murdoch's pockets to avoid losing the license to Virgin, then it only benefits Liberty anyway. This arrangement is probably better for them than passing the license to Virgin. Sky pay them and invest in promoting (Sky needs to make money from F1 coverage and so promotes F1) Liberty's own product.

Man, I hate multinationals. Sent from my HP laptop, running Windows, on a Vodafone* router. D'oh.

*Liberty part own Vodafone's Netherlands operation, interestingly enough**. They've nothing to do with the Spanish branch ... although weirdly BT does. Again, multinationals ... Multinational companies are a lot like making love to a beautiful woman; there's a lot going on that you can't really see or understand, it can be confusing and a little daunting, but we're unable to escape their magnetic draw.

**I found it interesting enough to share.

Last edited by OS on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Liberty/Virgin is a content provider, not a broadcaster (in the sense of producing their own content), they no longer have anything to do with production after having to hand over Flextech to help settle the great Sky blackout dispute on their platform back in 2010 (ish), so Virgin will be about as interested in F1 as the rest of us.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ian-S wrote:
Liberty/Virgin is a content provider, not a broadcaster (in the sense of producing their own content), they no longer have anything to do with production after having to hand over Flextech to help settle the great Sky blackout dispute on their platform back in 2010 (ish), so Virgin will be about as interested in F1 as the rest of us.

I missed all that. Oops.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What's more interesting is Liberty own MotorsTV (now rebranded as Motorsport.tv) through their Motorsport.com subsidiary, the word early on was they wanted Motors to rebrand it as an on-demand content provider, and with the comments that came out of NBC about not wanting to compete with F1 themselves for viewers, it does make you wonder if all this is connected, especially since didn't F1 recently say they were going to make some coverage available on an on-demand basis next year? Motors have also been subtly reducing their content throughout this year, as if to clear out the contracts and close down (that's also why Motors didn't close this time last year when it was supposed to, because there were existing contracts for coverage in place that would have cost a lot to terminate).

Sky is also the world feed commentary provider now, so they'll be going nowhere for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
don't mind an ugly logo and typography if they make the cars good looking, cheaper and with less dowforce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From a purely selfish perspective I for one am happy about NBC backing out of covering F1 from 2018 onward. While I hope the production crew and other members of NBC find themselves new jobs elsewhere, I'm looking forward to having quality coverage and commentary from next season. The commentary crew at NBC were awful. Will Buxton was the only positive aspect and he was barely used.

Let's remember that Bernie along with CVC put together these exclusive, extensive and costly broadcast contracts with TV networks globally. These contracts meant broadcasters were unable to provide content to viewers and fans outside of a set framework. It was restrictive to broadcaster plus us fans. It is the same type of contract that circuits and race promoters are now backing out of (looks towards Silverstone and the BRDC). Liberty are trying to open up content access and by doing so are having to unravel the complex contracts in place. I don't blame NBC for not renewing but at the same time, the contract NBC wanted (which was the same as they had previous) would have meant restricted access to content for the viewers and fans in USA.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
From a purely selfish perspective I for one am happy about NBC backing out of covering F1 from 2018 onward. While I hope the production crew and other members of NBC find themselves new jobs elsewhere, I'm looking forward to having quality coverage and commentary from next season. The commentary crew at NBC were awful. Will Buxton was the only positive aspect and he was barely used.

I would agree here. For some reason I had to watch NBC just for a little bit for one of the last races. It was a major disaster.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1131 132 133 134 135141 Next