TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1126 127 128 129 130141 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:47 pm 

You're like my ex, overcomplicating everything I say. I'm well aware that F1 as a brand is underexposed in the digital and social media era which is Bernies fault for being old-fashioned and a traditionalist, my comment about the logo was a light-hearted dig at Liberty for focusing on a small issue which wasnt really an issue to begin with. If its part of their plan to modernize F1, or dis-associate them from Bernie, so be it, but at least put a small Liberty Media logo into the main F1 logo for it to make sense.
And to clarify, I have nothing against LM, its great to see their fresh approach to F1, I just hope they stay focused on the main issues with F1.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So let me get this straight... you make an error with your comment, someone asks for clarification and you not only go blame the reader but accuse that person of reading something that wasn’t there? Jeez your ex must have had a lucky escape.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:02 pm 

Wtf are you on about man? Take a chill pill. I didnt make an error, I voiced my opinion, you asked for clarification, you got it and you talk about blame and accusations? And make things personal. I'm all about voicing opinion, creating a debate and generally participating on the board, but this has gotten out of hand. And my ex DID make a lucky escape, I was too much man for her to handle.

Welcome to my ignore list. A list of one person.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lol love it, hilarious

Let's be clear about this because there's only one person here who needs to chill...

Quote:
There, corrected it ;). We all know what I meant.

Quote:
You're like my ex, overcomplicating everything I say.

Um no. This started after I asked you a question, tried engaging in conversation and you got your knickers in a twist about it. You didn't clarify anything. You corrected your original comment and were a dick about it with these comments. And I am the one being personal? Hmmm ok. After trying to engage you in conversation twice, I was a dick in my final response by merely using your words against you. I'm fine with you adding me to your ignore list. This whole thing is hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Jan Larsen wrote:
Wtf are you on about man? Take a chill pill. I didnt make an error, I voiced my opinion, you asked for clarification, you got it and you talk about blame and accusations? And make things personal. I'm all about voicing opinion, creating a debate and generally participating on the board, but this has gotten out of hand. And my ex DID make a lucky escape, I was too much man for her to handle.

Welcome to my ignore list. A list of one person.

Welcome to my ignore list. A list of idiots like you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm not sure what to make of Liberty here. The teams, well at least accordingly to Niki Lauda (take what ever he says with a grain of salt) aren't overall happy with Liberty. Now this could very well be the same old self interest crap that the teams are known for, but maybe there might be something going on in the background that we aren't aware of?

I just fear that Liberty might go full retard and in order to pump up the brand turn it into an over hyped, saturated, cringe inducing spectacle. I finally got around to watching the intros at Austin and I went red with embarrassment. I just for the life of me hope that isn't the direction they are going to take with selling the product.

The other stuff like the quick twitter onboard feeds from Stroll and Vettel in Sepang on the other hand are great.

I just don't know wha to make of them at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of Liberty here. The teams, well at least accordingly to Niki Lauda (take what ever he says with a grain of salt) aren't overall happy with Liberty. Now this could very well be the same old self interest crap that the teams are known for, but maybe there might be something going on in the background that we aren't aware of?

The teams not being happy with Liberty might just be a good sign. Like you said, it could be their self interest. Liberty has been hinting at ending the extra money for Ferrari and spreading the profit more evenly so small teams can actually survive.

We still have to wait to find out how things turn out but I'm hoping the (top) teams being unhappy is a good sign for us fans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Looks like people had fun here last night. :lol:

The new F1 logos are shit, the old one is perfect and even has a hidden feature that many people miss (the 1 is not the red part).

Then again it's fitting to force in a shitty logo, it goes perfectly hand to hand with these stupid engine rules and halo shittiness that is also forced in next year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:
the 1 is not the red part

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NVirkkula wrote:

The new F1 logos are shit, the old one is perfect and even has a hidden feature that many people miss (the 1 is not the red part).

Then again it's fitting to force in a shitty logo, it goes perfectly hand to hand with these stupid engine rules and halo shittiness that is also forced in next year.

I don't have much love for the new logos, but the fact that it's been over 30 years and people still 'discover' the 'hidden' 1 make it pretty clear that it never really worked anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the best one will always be the one from the golden era

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

gkmotorsport wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:

I don't have much love for the new logos, but the fact that it's been over 30 years and people still 'discover' the 'hidden' 1 make it pretty clear that it never really worked anyway.

Perhaps I put it in a wrong way. It's not hidden like people don't see it, but hidden in a way that the number 1 is between that F and red stripes. I don't know what that artistic technique is called so I just called it hidden.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:13 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:

I just fear that Liberty might go full retard and in order to pump up the brand turn it into an over hyped, saturated, cringe inducing spectacle. I finally got around to watching the intros at Austin and I went red with embarrassment. I just for the life of me hope that isn't the direction they are going to take with selling the product.

The other stuff like the quick twitter onboard feeds from Stroll and Vettel in Sepang on the other hand are great.

I just don't know wha to make of them at the moment.

The thing is, it's probably good that Liberty are making you feel this way, they know that the hardcore fan will probably watch no matter what, and even for those that may switch off, they have much more to gain in terms of new fans being attracted to the sport which ensures its long term survival.

So yeah, they'll take risks like the Austin intros, which were cringe to us but went down a lot better with the meme generation, while still making nice tweaks to the existing format that I've quite liked such as immediately interviewing the drivers post quali/race and showing us the driver briefings etc

We're entering a brave new world, :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like the third one, the old logo was shit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

like, WTF!!! This is some barnfind!

https://imgur.com/a/2e6zx#jiwE4KX

That Benetton looks like a Frankencar. In doubt about the Ferrari as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
like, WTF!!! This is some barnfind!

https://imgur.com/a/2e6zx#jiwE4KX

That Benetton looks like a Frankencar. In doubt about the Ferrari as well.

I'm seeing some people confidently stating that this is a Photoshop job due to the rims on the Ligier, but I'm not convinced about that.

The Benetton is definitely meant to be a B195 based on the engine cover, but the proportions do look a little wrong for some reason.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not a photoshop

Show cars maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, I reckon the Benetton must be. The wheels on the Ligier not being corroded makes enough sense if they're aluminium or magnesium, though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's not often I facepalm at Martin Brundle, but it looks like even he has a case of Halo-rage

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MBrundleF1/status/932588022809481216[/tweet]

RJ Mitchell literally did put a crate on the Spitfire, to protect the pilot.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Not a photoshop

Show cars maybe?

Aren't they Mortlock's collection? I know he had a Benetton, and bought up tons of other classic F1 cars that were rotting away in his garden last time I was there (20+ years ago though).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1126 127 128 129 130141 Next