TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:06 pm 
The most anticipated member

Another comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:11 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

J.Morelli wrote:
Another comparison.

that's not even the same corner...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:12 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

cookie wrote:
They got the 1 2, then why bitch about what Hamilton did? Great team spirit from lauda and toto, they got what they want but still bitch about the race

Yeah, but they want to minimize the risks of losing it or getting involved in a crash because one of their employer is hanging on a small hope to get the title by ruining his teammates race intentionally and giving away the otherwise easy 1-2.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NVirkkula wrote:
cookie wrote:
They got the 1 2, then why bitch about what Hamilton did? Great team spirit from lauda and toto, they got what they want but still bitch about the race

Yeah, but they want to minimize the risks of losing it or getting involved in a crash because one of their employer is hanging on a small hope to get the title by ruining his teammates race intentionally and giving away the otherwise easy 1-2.

Imagine rosberg was in another team, what would Mercedes have said if Hamilton had not tried to hold him up. He would not have been a good employee because he would not have tried to do what he was paid for, do everything he can to win the world championship. Mercedes are hypocrites, they should have been happy after the race but first interviews they give are filled with complaints. Bad winners

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Final championship standings:

And constructors:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looking at the constructor standings cant remember the last time when all teams in a season scored at least a point.
I really cant.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:34 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish

alex1369 wrote:
Looking at the constructor standings cant remember the last time when all teams in a season scored at least a point.
I really cant.

2009 before the new teams like HRT Virgin and co appeared.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JB surely has to have a broadcasting career now that he's 'retired' from F1.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:43 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

cookie wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
cookie wrote:

Imagine Rosberg was in another team, what would Mercedes have said if Hamilton had not tried to hold him up. He would not have been a good employee because he would not have tried to do what he was paid for, do everything he can to win the world championship. Mercedes are hypocrites, they should have been happy after the race but first interviews they give are filled with complaints. Bad winners

Imagine that Rosberg and Hamilton are in the same team and that team wants 1-2 and doesn't want their drivers to fool around. In any other teams they would not have let their drivers to do that either. Multi21, Fernando is faster than you and Fisichella has brake issues.

Lewis showed up in hang over this year and gave Rosberg enough room to win the title. Rosberg took that chance and did everything right when it mattered. Maybe what he did today was not illegal, but it was against what his team told him to do. Lewis threw away this title long time ago. All by himself because he thought he can do a things half arsed and still take the title. Just read some of his comments about Nico and the point difference and you'll see that. Well, Nico is champion today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"I'm losing this championship I don't care about the win."

Says it all really.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:

Says it all really.

Says what really? Instead of focusing on Hamilton's response perhaps we should focus on the reason for the response. Yes it sounds like sour grapes but can you blame him considering he was receiving needless instructions that interfered with his title challenge?

This forum spends too much time complaining about the lack of personalities in F1 these days then complains when a driver dares to do something other than be monosyllabic and robotic. Showing emotion, considering what's at stake, shouldn't be a surprise or cause for complaints from us the fans.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ted Kravitz just said that the paddock rumor is that after the Spanish Gp Lewis told Mercedes that he didn't want to drive for them anymore handed in his notice & quit the team which is why Pascal Wehrlein was brought in to the post race test. Brundle asked Lewis if that was true & Lewis didn't deny it.

If thats true then im amazed they managed to keep it quiet.

Last edited by StefMeister on Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa, something like that should have leaked out. It's hard to keep such things like that secret these days.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not surprised at all if it's true. Typical threat from him to throw the toys out of the pram when things aren't going his way. I'm sure it will all come out at some point along with the whole mechanics swapping saga which pissed Lewis off as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here's the clip where Ted mentioned it:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:49 pm 

kals wrote:
Gaara wrote:

Says it all really.

Says what really? Instead of focusing on Hamilton's response perhaps we should focus on the reason for the response. Yes it sounds like sour grapes but can you blame him considering he was receiving needless instructions that interfered with his title challenge?

This forum spends too much time complaining about the lack of personalities in F1 these days then complains when a driver dares to do something other than be monosyllabic and robotic. Showing emotion, considering what's at stake, shouldn't be a surprise or cause for complaints from us the fans.

I personally don't blame Lewis for doing it, I even said I would have done the same. And God know I've disagreed with his decisions and behaviour so many times.

But in the end Lewis is a Mercedes employee and they pay him 35 millions a year for that. If he doesn't want to obey team orders however stupid they may be, he's free to go to another team. We all know how Ferrari or McLaren like it when their drivers start to behave like this :whistling:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
Not surprised at all if it's true. Typical threat from him to throw the toys out of the pram when things aren't going his way. I'm sure it will all come out at some point along with the whole mechanics swapping saga which pissed Lewis off as well.

I'd be *very* interested to know what that's about. I just don't want to buy his book.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

siggy wrote:
Justin Time wrote:
Vassago wrote:
Well, the engine failure at Sepang made the all important difference.

The reactions of Mercedes really irritate me. Toto and Niki heavily criticized Hamilton in the interviews now and think about ways to discipline him, toto even saying that he's happy there is a new champion. I don't think you can blame Lewis for how he drove today. Mercs reliability effectively cost him the championship and he just tried to make up for it, albeit he drove cleanly and very intelligently. Romberg made the most of it and I'm not really unhappy to see him as a champion

He is an employee being payed a shit load of money. The company is huge. It's a team sport. They have given Hamilton a gazillion miles of leeway in the past, beyond reason, and it maybe the last win for a time to come. Hamilton was borderline for me, I expecting a lot more dirty tricks from him, so yeah, Lewis simply blames technical failures which Rosberg also has had. Hamilton is great, but he is a child in these situations, it's laughable.

The only reason Hamilton is a 3 time champion is Mercedes and the only reason Rosberg is a champion is because of Mercedes. Rosberg is the dutifull driver while Lewis thinks it's only thanks to him. Look at the championship, if Lewis wasn't there, Rosberg would be 3 time champion. I miss the mentality Frank Williams had when they were winning. Everybody could win in our car. They don't need Lewis, it also would save them a shit load of money and actually turn a profit.

And this is what's wrong with modern F1 in a nutshell

Hey racing driver, do you want to race for the world championship? Nope, you have to deal with the PR concerns of a manufacturer that's already won the constructors and will win the drivers title whatever adding yet another 1-2 to their statistics so they can put it on their adverts.

Do you remember when this sport was about racing?

And don't forget Mercedes begged Lewis to join this team in 2012. Niki Lauda invited Lewis to his house to convince him.
If they had confidence in Nico to get the job done they could've stuck with him back then and hired a development driver young gun to back him up as a ferrari/red bull style number 2

But they didn't, they wanted Lewis for his experience, his PR value, whatever, they created this situation and as much as it bit them in the rear a few times over the years, it has massively paid off for them.

Also: if anyone thinks Nico would've done any different if the roles were reversed, then they're massively deluded.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

My enthusiasm for F1 has come a long way that today I preferred to run a race of 14K instead of watching the race live. I taped it instead.

I could never have imagined doing that 10-20 years ago...

I think Nico is a well deserved WC. It's not easy if your teammate has won it a few times in a row. I had the feeling lewis was not Always fully focussed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Nico moved over in Monaco,and Hamilton has never done so when asked. So, yeah, Rosberg is more mature. Apparently, being egoistic is a quality all of a sudden. That's what's wrong with the world.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next