TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1128 129 130 131 132151 Next

What's going to be the biggest surprise of 2016 season?
Ferrari beats Mercedes 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Williams will stay 3rd in standings 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
McLaren Honda gets podium 37%  37%  [ 29 ]
No wet races 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Maldonado and Palmer are incredibly reliable and scores in every race 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
People will not complain how boring it is 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
It isn't actually boring at all 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Total votes: 79
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
codename_47 wrote:
And 2012 which was surprisingly good

things got better when they sent Vettel to the back of the grid and Lotus got desperate as they were going to finally win a race LEAVE ME ALONE I KNOW WHAT TO DO BWOAH

I guess they could do the same and send both Mercs to the back

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:38 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

LucasWheldon wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

things got better when they sent Vettel to the back of the grid and Lotus got desperate as they were going to finally win a race LEAVE ME ALONE I KNOW WHAT TO DO BWOAH

If Rosberg starts from the back it'd be a classic AND put any doubts to bed about him not being able to overtake.
win-win :thumbsup:

If I was Bernie I'd have a quiet word with Toto and engineer a situation that made sure he at least missed q3. Even starting at the back a Mercedes is still odds on for at least a podium if not 2nd, so starting 11th would at least give us a bit of drama and prevent this finale being a damp squib with Lewis racing off and Nico doing what he needs to do to finish a distant 2nd
(Saying that, there's still half a chance Nico can get pole and dominate from the front, but even if that happens it'll be just as dull)

Already tired of the media building up this finale as an all-time classic and selling something that's barely going to be worth watching as something on the level of Japan 89/90

I don't think many films will be made out of this season finale tbf... :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

in a track that's quite difficult to overtake, even a Mercedes would have trouble trying to pass Verstappen

Rosberg would have to become Gilles Villeneuve or something like that

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

If Rosberg starts from the back it'd be a classic AND put any doubts to bed about him not being able to overtake.
win-win

If I was Bernie I'd have a quiet word with Toto and engineer a situation that made sure he at least missed q3. Even starting at the back a Mercedes is still odds on for at least a podium if not 2nd, so starting 11th would at least give us a bit of drama and prevent this finale being a damp squib with Lewis racing off and Nico doing what he needs to do to finish a distant 2nd
(Saying that, there's still half a chance Nico can get pole and dominate from the front, but even if that happens it'll be just as dull)

Already tired of the media building up this finale as an all-time classic and selling something that's barely going to be worth watching as something on the level of Japan 89/90

I don't think many films will be made out of this season finale tbf... :whistling:

As if any battle between the Merc drivers would redeem this season. Even if your prayers are answered and Hamilton takes the championship, it just brings this 2 horse race of a season to a close with the same result 3 years running. Exciting time to be a fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:47 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Philthy82 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
LucasWheldon wrote:

win-win

As if any battle between the Merc drivers would redeem this season. Even if your prayers are answered and Hamilton takes the championship, it just brings this 2 horse race of a season to a close with the same result 3 years running. Exciting time to be a fan.

Don't worry, next year I'm sure swapping Mercedes dominance for red bull dominance with even less racing will fix everything :thumbsup:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes, this season has been dominated by one team. Yes, there have been some dull races, and yes, finishing the season at Abu Dhabi is about as much of an anti-climax as possible.

But, we have a championship that is going right down to the final race, between two team mates that have already driven into each other more times than Prost and Senna ever did. This hasn't been a bad outcome. I would much rather we had two team mates going at it, than the Ferrari/Schumacher era, where the number two driver never challenged.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

funny that all Senna/Prost clashes were defined not in the last race haha

http://wtf1.co.uk/singapore-grand-prix-race-bernie/
Singapore doesn't wanna play F1 anymore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wouldn't miss Singapore, not a great track and the novelty of a night race is gone. Better replace it with a good classic track

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Singapore is also overrated. Recent ratings have been modest.
2016: 4.17
2015: 5.42
2014: 3.52
2013: 4.18

Bernie probably replaces it with Kazakhstan or another street race in some dictator's capital.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Yes, this season has been dominated by one team. Yes, there have been some dull races, and yes, finishing the season at Abu Dhabi is about as much of an anti-climax as possible.

But, we have a championship that is going right down to the final race, between two team mates that have already driven into each other more times than Prost and Senna ever did. This hasn't been a bad outcome. I would much rather we had two team mates going at it, than the Ferrari/Schumacher era, where the number two driver never challenged.

I would prefer 20 great races with a boring fight for the championship over the around 17 boring races we have had this year with a somewhat interesting battle to the end.
Not that the races in the Schumacher dominance were that much better.

I have seen a brilliant season in MotoGP. It was quite obvious from the beginning that Marquez would dominate but I still enjoyed almost every race. So I looked forward to the next. In F1 I will be glad the season is over.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
Singapore is also overrated. Recent ratings have been modest.
2016: 4.17
2015: 5.42
2014: 3.52
2013: 4.18

Bernie probably replaces it with Kazakhstan or another street race in some dictator's capital.

I hear North Korea is a market they haven't discovered yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And they could conveniently race there without even having to close the streets from traffic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

F1 season is too damn long, they should drop some races and allow the drivers to race other series

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Singapore has been shite since they got rid of the airbornez chicane.

Also, before that really.

And I agree with the last post, the F1 season finishing 1 week later than the NASCAR season is downright bizarre to a old-school fans like me :8:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

codename_47 wrote:
And I agree with the last post, the F1 season finishing 1 week later than the NASCAR season is downright bizarre to a old-school fans like me :8:

And not at Adelaide is still wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
F1 season is too damn long, they should drop some races and allow the drivers to race other series

Yeah, about that... Liberty Media have said they think a couple more races could be 'easily' accommodated :slaphead:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:31 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Bring back the New Zealand GP in Early Jan!

IF Formula E won't race in the winter, F1 should :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

2018 will be the last Malaysian GP then.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/malay ... er-852486/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:12 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

How on earth you would need 100 million dollars to run a GP when the circuit is already there is beyond me. I'm glad they dropped it. As soon as we're beyond this cycle of flying, crashing and burning countries/GPs the sooner it will be a useless Tilke-Middle Eastern championship. The income side of the F1 balance sheet must be a laugh. Actually, thir whole balance sheet must be comical.

I think I'd rather see formula student if it was on tv, and if they actually had races. Or caravan races. Yes, i'd rather see that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good news that these high profile races are dropping out, hopefully a wake up call for F1. They should focus on quality and not quantity of races. Malaysia is a good track, but if there is no interest from the crowd and there is no way to drop the ticket prices they should drop out. Never understood why circuit owners don't form a group and put F1 under pressure to drop the prices. Or better, F1 should pay them to use their tracks. If all circuits join, F1 has no other option.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1128 129 130 131 132151 Next