TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fair enough. But I would say telling Charlie Whiting to fuck off over the air is pretty ballsy hah! I mean we're talking about Charlie for God's sake. He's one of the most respected men in the paddock. I can't recall any drivers actually doing that publicly? So it's not like there is a precedent for it. Seb wouldn't have known at the time whether he was going to be penalized for saying such a thing or not.

I have a lot of respect for Charlie but to be fair he does get relatively more time to make his decisions in race control with a lot of data at his hands rather than drivers who're driving around at the limit with the adrenaline pumping. So we can't say in hindsight, that Seb's a pussy for saying fuck off because the establishment hasn't penalized him for it. So let's say he does get penalized for it this week, does that mean he now becomes brave?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

lol:

"In the light of this sincere apology and strong commitment, the FIA president has decided, on an exceptional basis, not to take disciplinary action against Mr Vettel by bringing this matter before the FIA International Tribunal."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... er-apology

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Senna said he was treated like a criminal after Suzuka 1989 and got a 6 month suspension plus a $100,000 fine

good times

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jean-Marie Balestre would've penalized Senna for crossing the street without looking both ways, if he could hah! I'm not sure how sincere the apology was but he had no choice but to swallow his pride and do some damage control. The FIA should've instead penalized him by enrolling him in some anger management classes. I found his radio outbursts comical in the beginning but they're getting as old as FIAerrari jokes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Honestly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
iks wrote:
Lewis and his fanboys are hypocritically funny. Last year, Nico won the last three races and Lewis, "finished where he needed to", to win the championship, with three second places. If you win the championship, you win it.

The three races Nico won at the end of 2015 were all dead rubbers as Lewis had sealed the championship in Austin. But anyway, Nico is doing what he needs to (like you say).

I think this all comes from the fact that human nature is inclined to consider that the last races are somehow more decisive for the championship than the earlier ones.

Except that they are not. All races are worth 25 points, since Australia. Rosberg led his season with this mindset, it worked amazingly well for him and may get him a - deserved - championship.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

coldtyre wrote:
I think this all comes from the fact that human nature is inclined to consider that the last races are somehow more decisive for the championship than the earlier ones.

Except that they are not. All races are worth 25 points, since Australia. Rosberg led his season with this mindset, it worked amazingly well for him and may get him a - deserved - championship.

I think you're right. I just don't understand the 'undeserved' label that we all tend to throw about. Honestly, when has someone ever truly not deserved a championship? The only one I think could come close is Schumacher in 1994, off the back of his bent car in the early season and Adelaide. But even then, Damon Hill probably deserved it no more than Schumacher on account of his lesser drives and only just taking advantage of his rival being made to skip races.

Ultimately, the champion is always the driver who makes the best of what is given to him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:39 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/featu ... dents.html

Lol @ Hamilton. No intention of even making the corner and drives further if nothing has happened. At least autosport finally has a critical note on it in their latest Dieter Rencken Piece.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:03 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The FIA and stewards are forever trolls. That's established.

But personally, I don't think both the T1 cut by Hamilton and Verstappen required penalties as they pretty much did it by themselves whilst ahead of their nearest rival. There was no need for anyone to give a position back to the driver behind because it wasn't the guy's behind to start with! :o

This is why gravel TRAPS are better, they punish the driver themselves.

Verstappen literally drove Rosberg off the track at T1 so dunno why he's moaning about that. The Merc didn't need to give position after being forced off did he.

I think the FIA only felt pressured by Vettel's public outburst to penalise Verstappen. That's the only reason IMHO. Verstappen has a point though about FIA needing to rethink themselves.

Vettel's hypocrisy deserved a penalty, moving into Ricciardo's braking zone AFTER he's already committed to pass was disgraceful.

Verstappen's done similar things in the past (like on Kimi at Spa on the Kemmel Straight was even more dangerous, dunno how the f*** that wasn't punished, only Kimi's awesome reaction skillz saved it from being a bad accident) but like I said, FIA are noobs. Or Freemasons, considering their new wonder kid bringing in the monies is their highest degree Number 33 lol ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:02 pm 

Montoya's chat with Raikkonen at the Mexican GP

Enviado desde mi HTC 10 mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:16 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Saw that interview few days ago, I miss 2005!

Such a normal chat :lol:

Rather have drivers do interviews than random celebrities, gosh F1's obsession with celebs is so annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dtorex wrote:

Blocked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Change your IP to one from Spain and it'll work. It was a good interview. It's funny that they both started F1 in 2001 and here they are 15 years later. Back then they were my favorite drivers amongst the F1 field.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:16 pm 

ptclaus98 wrote:
dtorex wrote:

Blocked.

Or try this one:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18