TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
Your mates wouldn't be in the back of a van touring sleeping on floors if they were any good.

Boils down to jealousy. People will make any excuse or believe and half cocked here-say to jump on a bandwagon of hatred. Happens in all facets of life.

There's often a hint of jealousy in peoples' negative feelings sometimes, but you're still making a wildly flawed argument here.

1. Suggesting micha's friends aren't a good band simply because they aren't famous and successful is complete nonsense. I know it's a point often made, but it's true as hell: success/fame in the arts and entertainment industry does not equal actual quality.

2. There's plenty of legitimate reason to be put off by Justin Bieber as a person beyond the simple fact that he's successful. If that's how all this "hatred" worked, then nobody would be fans of anyone.

Obviously famous people get mind-boggling amounts of attention compared to regular people like us. But they are people after all: some are shit and some are decent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
just googled to see which cars Bieber owns, he has an Audi R8 with an unusual paintjob

Spoiler:

I guess why Hamilton has befriended him

anyway next race is Canada, way much better than bashing Justin Bieber and Lewis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

dicksplaash wrote:
...and 99% of all great bands aren't in the mainstream anyway.

Ok. Podium ceremonies in F1 should be about F1. The rich and famous shouldn't be admired just because they are rich and famous. This particular guy got attention now because F1's in general and Lewis' in particular ethics are f'd up. As I may have made clear earlier, if it had been George Harrison there, who actually did something as a human being, also for F1, there would have been no problem. But this poshy glamour BS that Lewis seems so fond of shouldn't be there without proper reason.

I think the difference here is that Harrison would have almost certainly refused to do anything other than keep in the background. Because he was aware that F1 was bigger on the day than George Harrison.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:42 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

On another note, did we ever get a replay of the last corner pass by nico on nico?

Feels like the bad old days of f1 tv broadcasting having to ask that so long after the race 8O

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

codename_47 wrote:
On another note, did we ever get a replay of the last corner pass by nico on nico?

Feels like the bad old days of f1 tv broadcasting having to ask that so long after the race 8O

Herr it is :)

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... -2016.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justin Time wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Herr it is :)

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... -2016.html

Great, thanks so much for that link. Palmer's accident just went on forever! Didn't know abut the Bottas and Guitierrez incident on the last lap. Erricson rightly deserved his penalty, that gap was always going to close....and man, Kimi just sucks. Getting passed by Guitierrez like a chump.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Formula1.com are doing a cool job, with all these onboards released and all the videos on the Youtube channel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's good that they are providing unseen clips and uploading footage through practice sessions, and certainly having something from them is far better than nothing at all. But they could be doing a lot more. The YouTube channel really isn't that great.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:23 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
It's good that they are providing unseen clips and uploading footage through practice sessions, and certainly having something from them is far better than nothing at all. But they could be doing a lot more. The YouTube channel really isn't that great.

I was just about the type the same thing, Indycar did a great thing with their "In car theatre" and it'd be nicer to see these clips edited together on YT rather than hoping everyone saw them on the Formula 1 website (where you'd surely have to be a fan and aware of F1 to head to in the first place!)

(Saying that, I've not seen In Car Theatre on Indycar's Youtube this year either, which is a massive shame)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The YouTube channel is another indicator of how out of touch FOM is (still) with the F1 fanbase. With 2 minute "reviews" of past races plus the odd onboard, I get the sense of a "that'll do" type attitude at FOM. It is almost identical to when the much promoted and hyped "50 Years of F1 Onboard" DVD was released some 10 years back. All the positive press it received and yet it contained just minutes of footage, despite FOM having access to a huge catalog of material dating back decades.

Like I said before, having something is better than nothing. But they've still a long way to go considering how other series and sports are taking advantage of online media.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I understand why WRC YouTube channels holds most of its footage because otherwise people won't pay for WRC+, but for F1 there are is reason for not releasing the footage. And I'm skeptical that they will launch a proper video store, other than maybe offering highlights or live races. I also hate how they crop the original 4:3 picture to 16:9. Their clips are just for needless teasing imo.

In an ideal world, FOM would release every second of footage they possess, starting from the film negatives from the 50's, including all pre-qualifying sessions from the 80's till the full-length onboard races from every 22 cars, including all possible CCTV footage, pitlane camera-angles, not forgetting 1 hour of in-car camera from the medical car during FP2 at Imola '02 where we see Sid Watkins just picking his nose. Sadly, 99,9 % of the footage will always remain in FOM's HDD.
If just some guy pressed "upload"....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh, the glamour

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:39 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Family photo of Jolyon and Jonathan Palmer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39