TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Not trolling, I'm dead serious. Anyone have a legit rebuttal to my argument, I'll go down on them.

The guitar smashing incident was pretty shitty, but that's all I've got. He has seemed to mature a bit in the past couple of years unlike his brother who basically ruined his career.

Kyle Busch is the symptom of a greater problem, not the problem itself. In all honesty, if he really does enjoy racing that much, then I have a hard time blaming him for running the races he does. It's really not his fault NASCAR won't get their shit together regarding drivers racing in lower divisions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:53 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Not trolling, I'm dead serious. Anyone have a legit rebuttal to my argument, I'll go down on them.

Now no one will dare rebut you. :whistling:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Starlancer wrote:
cArmAkAze wrote:

The guitar smashing incident was pretty shitty, but that's all I've got. He has seemed to mature a bit in the past couple of years unlike his brother who basically ruined his career.

Kyle Busch is the symptom of a greater problem, not the problem itself. In all honesty, if he really does enjoy racing that much, then I have a hard time blaming him for running the races he does. It's really not his fault NASCAR won't get their shit together regarding drivers racing in lower divisions.

On that aspect, I do understand the hate for Kyle. He runs the lower series and dominates, but it's not against NASCAR's rules, and I'm kinda glad it's not. NBA player's can't go back to college, but it's nothing to go to a random park and just play a pick-up game. Same goes for all professional sports. It's a lot harder to go and race a car competitively every weekend. Kyle genuinely loves racing. When he doesn't win, he's an emotional mess. When he does, he's elated. If he was doing it just for the paycheck, would he really even care? If I loved racing and had the means, I'd do it every fucking chance I had, no question. Too many people taking in the aesthetic parts of racing, and not the real, human emotion of it. Jump off your moral high ground for once and enjoy a true fanatic of the sport, who's not just a fan, but a part of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I get that it's NASCAR's rules that's at fault here but the hatred for Kyle comes from the fact that he revels so much in beating up on lower series guys that too in a car produced by the best Cup team currently.

I don't care that he loves racing or he's a true fanatic of the sport. This is not a Kyle Busch beneficiary. That we must all support what Kyle loves to do. I don't love seeing this shit every weekend.

It's not even comparable to the NBA guys going back to college. I don't follow stick n ball sports so I assume they do that when they're not playing well at the top level. But this is a guy that's at the top of his game at the highest level. Why should he be enjoying walking over a field of mostly up and comers so much? And why should we love seeing that? What is there to appreciate about it? It's like Hamilton running the GP2 or GP3 race before the F1. It would be just as ridiculous as what Kyle is doing now but only that we're too used to it in NASCAR now to where we've just given up watching the Saturday show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

You know, the Truck Series and the Busch Series never really were development series exactly. They're National Touring Series for guys that either couldn't hack it in Cup, were rookies looking for experience, or guys who either didn't have the cash or the desire that it takes to run in Cup. This idea that either of these series are specifically meant as development arenas for new talent is getting old. NASCAR continues to market it that way, but it's really kind of stupid. The Busch series everyone seems to love was filled with the Tim Fedewa's, Randy LaJoie's, and David Greens of racing. While they each got a shot at Cup, remember that Randy LaJoie had an offer on the table for a Cup team and turned it down because the Busch series was a 5 day a week job and the Cup deal was every single day. He didn't want that so he stayed where he was happy.

Is the Truck and Busch series a place to find new talent? Clearly. Is that the only reason it exists? Absolutely not. Have we forgotten that Mark Martin, driving a Roush Racing Ford, had the most Busch wins until Kyle came along? Mark wasn't running for any Busch title when he amassed all those wins.

By and large, Kyle is beating a field on Saturday of 1/3 Cup guys, many of who are in cars prepared by Cup teams.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Me an Trevor left Thompson yesterday like ten laps into the Mod tour race and watched the rest of it on the way home on FansChoice.

Was much better that way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kyle's a racer, he's gonna race. He doesn't 'revel' in beating up the little guys, the little guys just need to get better. And it's not like he's not beating other Cup drivers in those races, either. Now he's starting to figure out how to do it on Sunday's too, and the arguments of 'superior equipment' no longer work. It's starting to scare people that Kyle might actually be THAT great.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's not like it's just Kyle in Cup equipment vs Xfinity regulars, as has already been noted. I'm sure many would be singing a different tune if it was a more popular driver dominating the lower series. Yes it's not enjoyable seeing someone dominate week in and week out, hence the disgruntled fans of Johnson's dominance in the Cup series over the past 10 years with his 6 titles.

However, I have a feeling once those guys are long gone and retired, we'll look at their records and think 'damn, those guys were good.'

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:14 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Maybe the dominance wouldnt be that big if they had more different calendars. When we are doing comparison with the old times there were hardly any cup guys running the smaller circuits (where the likes of Ingram, Ellis, Houston etc. were often doing better). Most of the races won by cup regulars were companion races on tracks like Darlington, Charlotte, Rockingham etc. Maybe I am wrong but I think the schedule is the first thing that needs to change. Then the car. And maybe then the cup regulars running in these races.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:20 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
the little guys just need to get better.

And when they do, they get to the Cup series, like how Kyle did.

The worst part about all this is the loss of identity of the series. People want storylines, rivalries to develop between NXS regulars that carries its way to Cup. Now that is just not there because with Kyle there, it's always a battle for P2 and we all know who remembers the guy that finished second.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
they should put a bigger restrictor plate on Kyle's ride in Xfinity to increase the challenge for him

if he's so good at driving he wouldn't bother race in a less powered car against the young guns

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
they should put a bigger restrictor plate on Kyle's ride in Xfinity to increase the challenge for him

if he's so good at driving he wouldn't bother race in a less powered car against the young guns

I want this to happen. How demoralizing would it be to the rest of the field that Kyle is TOO good and needs to be brought down a few notches to be a fair fight. I bet Kyle would be all in on it too. It would make him winning races even more hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He couldn't win a single race that season he ran his own car in NXS though. Now that was hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That's true but it's not as if he was suddenly not running well when it was KBM equipment. IIRC he actually should have won a handful without bad strokes of luck here and there. And don't forget, that car did get to victory lane once with Kurt driving it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wish they'd just try one season completely devoid of anyone that is an active driver in Cup and see how it pans out, in terms of ratings and everything else. If the ratings stay about the same, then keep it that way for a few more years and let the series develop its own identity. Up and comers in good cars going for the win every week, not fighting for third or fourth place behind Kyle and Brad/Kevin, etc. When it was Truex vs Bowyer in the early 2000s, for eg. that was something you wanted to follow. That was the story, not how many laps Kyle will lead this week.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SB83 wrote:
Wish they'd just try one season completely devoid of anyone that is an active driver in Cup and see how it pans out, in terms of ratings and everything else. If the ratings stay about the same, then keep it that way for a few more years and let the series develop its own identity. Up and comers in good cars going for the win every week, not fighting for third or fourth place behind Kyle and Brad/Kevin, etc. When it was Truex vs Bowyer in the early 2000s, for eg. that was something you wanted to follow. That was the story, not how many laps Kyle will lead this week.

That would be the last season for the Xfinity series

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:56 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gael wrote:
I'm sure many would be singing a different tune if it was a more popular driver dominating the lower series.

I don't think that's accurate at all. This isn't a new issue, it was like this 10 years ago. The frustration vented in here comes from this long term problem.

cArmAkAze wrote:
It's starting to scare people that Kyle might actually be THAT great.

I also don't think there's anyone here who doubts Kyle Busch's ability as a stock car driver.

Generally, if you follow a racing series, you want to see the the top competitors in that series battling to be the best, and that includes competing for and winning, the races in that series. The Xfinity series does not provide this, but for many years it did. There are very small crowds watching these races, and the die hard fans are sick of it, which is why this topic comes up time after time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

movingunit wrote:
Maybe the dominance wouldnt be that big if they had more different calendars. When we are doing comparison with the old times there were hardly any cup guys running the smaller circuits (where the likes of Ingram, Ellis, Houston etc. were often doing better). Most of the races won by cup regulars were companion races on tracks like Darlington, Charlotte, Rockingham etc. Maybe I am wrong but I think the schedule is the first thing that needs to change. Then the car. And maybe then the cup regulars running in these races.

that is what I have thought over the last several years as well, too bad that won't happen now with the 5 year contracts and nobody wanting to give up any of their races.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Kyle is a good driver, no doubt about it

but I would never put him next to legends like Richard Petty, Dale, David Pearson, Cale Yarborough among others

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Me neither. I would put him above them. Not in terms of class or attitude but raw talent only, mind you.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next