TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1187 188 189 190 191207 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You're mixing two different things here. Teamwork is generally considered fair game, I don't remember any instance where it was even considered unsportsmanship by people involved as long as the teammate isn't a backmarker.

However, to get closer to Rossi's case, it would be someone weaving into contact with an opponent deliberately and driving them off the track, outside of any competitive racing line (like Maldonado did during practice to Perez in Monaco and to Hamilton at Spa a few years back).

If this happened in a championship-decisive event, during the main race, with a blatant race-ending contact happening, I don't doubt the sanctions would be HARD, including an immediate black flag. I can see that happening in F1.

EDIT: I know Rossi's case is a bit more complicated than that, and I actually side with him on that one, but I'm taking the example as it was interpreted officially ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
fortunately in F1 you can't drive with your legs outside the car to take your opponent out of the race

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121959

What another load of horse shit from Bernie. I get the feeling he is just trying to have fun with the media and maybe grants one serious interview per decade....

If this would happen in F1, a driver helping a fellow countryman without the teams approval and interfering with the championship, nobody would be black flagged. Not even what Rossi did.

Did kinda happen once i think, Suzuka 1997, with Irvine really slowing down to let Schumacher get by and create a gap to Villeneuve.

I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen in F1 as in Motogop. Blocking and holding up is perfectly legal, but not anywhere close to goodsportmanship, but a light touch and a spin will result in a 5 second penalty....

By Berniesstatement, Maldonado and Grosjean would have been banned multiple times.....

Bernie's comment... "I'll give you an example: let's suppose Ferrari is en route for the title and Mercedes block them with one of their customer teams, what would happen then?" seems to conveniently forget this episode...

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8oalf_fontana-blocking-villeneuve_auto[/dailymotion]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
siggy wrote:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121959

What another load of horse shit from Bernie. I get the feeling he is just trying to have fun with the media and maybe grants one serious interview per decade....

If this would happen in F1, a driver helping a fellow countryman without the teams approval and interfering with the championship, nobody would be black flagged. Not even what Rossi did.

Did kinda happen once i think, Suzuka 1997, with Irvine really slowing down to let Schumacher get by and create a gap to Villeneuve.

I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen in F1 as in Motogop. Blocking and holding up is perfectly legal, but not anywhere close to goodsportmanship, but a light touch and a spin will result in a 5 second penalty....

By Berniesstatement, Maldonado and Grosjean would have been banned multiple times.....

Bernie's comment... "I'll give you an example: let's suppose Ferrari is en route for the title and Mercedes block them with one of their customer teams, what would happen then?" seems to conveniently forget this episode...

[dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8oalf_fontana-blocking-villeneuve_auto[/dailymotion]

That is probably my favourite Murray and Martin moment :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh man not Jerez 97.....I feel....a bit of a rant coming on....

First of all, the penalty Schumacher got was just laughable in its ridiculousness. So the FIA excluded him from the championship....but he got to keep all his points and his victories and podiums in his official stats (despite officially being excluded from the championship?), Ferrari got to keep all the constructors points he earned, the results weren't retroactively changed despite, you know, him being excluded from the championship...and all this after he actually came second in the points standings.....

Also looking back at the incident now (I was a Villeneuve fan), it is amazingly clear that Villeneuve would never had made the corner properly in a month of Sundays, and in fact would have taken Schumi out had Schumi not deliberately turned into the corner.

Villeneuve dive bombed him with a move that was only ever going to end in a collision and Schumi had a second stab at turning in to thwart him. The take away? They were both at fault and if any penalty was to be applied it was for them both to sit out the season opener the next year, not to exclude the guy that finished second and let him and the team keep all of the results.

I would expect more of the same from the FIA in the current circumstances.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:19 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

The Villeneuve penalty the previous round was just as bad - when was the last time someone got excluded from a race for no slowing under yellows during pracice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
The Villeneuve penalty the previous round was just as bad - when was the last time someone got excluded from a race for no slowing under yellows during pracice

This is couldn't be more incorrect.

Let's get the facts straight rather than take a single instance out of context. JV's penalty was as a result of multiple warnings for not slowing while under yellows through 1997. The DSQ was only given after Williams raced under appeal.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:50 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

mclaren2008 wrote:

Wasn't that he did that a few times allready that season?

Nowadays, it's the norm. Not slowing for yellows. Since nobody is actually enforcing them and the drivers don't really care....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:45 am 

Oh he did it a few times, I stand corrected.

I agree, nobody slows for yellows these days.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 60416.html

are we in for another scandal? FIA to check the engines of Hamilton and Vettel to see if they're legal.
Or just another boring clickbait?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:05 pm 

I think its the latter. They're looking for anything to make a story.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

if Schumacher wanted to take Villeneuve out he should had locked his right front into Villeneuve left rear wheel. someone would flip and both out of the race

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

These days you only have to have the slightest touch withe your front wing to the tire.....no need to crash.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's nothing new. You'll find Michael Andretti was pretty adept at that in Indycars.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Isn't time to fix that? Safety and al..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

siggy wrote:
Isn't time to fix that? Safety and al..

I guess that is exactly the kind of thinking that brought us car parks instead of gravel traps and grass.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
if Schumacher wanted to take Villeneuve out he should had locked his right front into Villeneuve left rear wheel. someone would flip and both out of the race

Well, you're exactly right, what else did you think Brundle meant by 'that didn't work Michael, you hit the wrong part of him my friend'?

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

or let him overtake and 'forget to brake' in the following corner

that was a disastrous race, the worst possible way to end my first complete season watching F1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:13 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

That's the kind of children I want to have.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TobyMoody/status/669830325460189184[/tweet]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:38 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:
Also looking back at the incident now (I was a Villeneuve fan), it is amazingly clear that Villeneuve would never had made the corner properly in a month of Sundays, and in fact would have taken Schumi out had Schumi not deliberately turned into the corner

Without m.s turning in i think villeneuve would've ran wide and allowed micheal the opportunity to cut back inside and repass him.

Iirc ferrari were in series tyre trouble at that stage of the race (lol things have changed loads since then :whistling: ) so it was inevitable villeneuve was going to get by at some point, micheal just turned a respectable close championship loss in an inferior car to an international disgrace.

That's why theres always a black mark on the Schumacher legacy imo. For all his greatness, in moments of extreme pressure, he panicked.
Adelaide 94, jerez 97, Japan 2003, China 2005, Australia 2005, monaco 2006...there are others.

But hey, these guys are only human after all.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1187 188 189 190 191207 Next