TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1176 177 178 179 180207 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:12 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

He has a point about Rosberg, but his reasoning is ridiculous. It's like saying getting murdered by a bullet is your fault because you were standing in the path of the bullet.

Taking responsibility is one thing...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:13 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

We need two British drivers fighting for the WDC so all the English media will have to chose one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:30 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Fabs wrote:
We need two British drivers fighting for the WDC so all the English media will have to chose one.

If Hamilton is either one of the two, they would pick his side due political correctness...until of course the other would come out of the closet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
I used to like Anderson :(

I still enjoy his normal column - I think he works best when commenting on engineering topics. Let's say sports psychology isn't his strong suit...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:10 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

NVirkkula wrote:
Fabs wrote:

If Hamilton is either one of the two, they would pick his side due political correctness...until of course the other would come out of the closet.

This is pretty much one of the worst posts I've ever read here

Sure Lewis is given favourable treatment because of his skin colour...rightttt. not like he's proved himself on track enough to earn that or anything.

You can't get to the top in f1 without being a little bit of a dick sometimes. Piquet, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel and now Hamilton. They all push to the limit in all areas.

The thing about Lewis is he's a bit boring off the track. I don't get the sense he's actually that arrogant or anything when the Helmet is off rather he's just someone who has known nothing but racing since he was a small child so has limited life experiences.
So all the off track stuff is naive, fish out of water stuff when it comes to celebrities or his relationships and stuff, boy out of Stevenage not quite able to handle being a celebrity, and the media love punishing him for that.

And there's probably a quiet minority who don't like him because he's black but since they stopped running race control it doesn't seem to affect his racing any more :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:14 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought the point was that he receives zero criticism whatever he does. And his side of the story is believed without question.

If he was figting another brit, whatever colour, sexual preferences or perverted hobbies, he would be a little bit more scrutinised by the media instead of being treated as the ideal (step)son....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Fabs wrote:

Eh. Most of them seemed to take Button's side when they were both at McLaren.

codename_47 wrote:
The thing about Lewis is he's a bit boring off the track. I don't get the sense he's actually that arrogant or anything when the Helmet is off rather he's just someone who has known nothing but racing since he was a small child so has limited life experiences.
So all the off track stuff is naive, fish out of water stuff when it comes to celebrities or his relationships and stuff, boy out of Stevenage not quite able to handle being a celebrity, and the media love punishing him for that.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you but he's now spent far too long away from Simon Fuller for that to be an excuse anymore.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:37 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

If Lewis is 'boring' off-track, who would you consider to be not boring, then?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:55 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

StanV wrote:

I wouldn't consider any driver be that interesting to listen to outside the car really.

We got lucky with brundle on the media side tbh. Maybe button has the insight to follow in his footsteps bit they're so media processed these days I have no idea who is actually interesting or not.

And tbh I watch this to see cars combating, high speeds, drama, overtaking, etc. I don't really care about what the drivers say or do when they have their helmets off.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:49 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

StanV wrote:

Ricciardo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:36 pm 

He's awesome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:12 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

codename_47 wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Fabs wrote:

This is pretty much one of the worst posts I've ever read here

Sure Lewis is given favourable treatment because of his skin colour...rightttt. not like he's proved himself on track enough to earn that or anything.

You can't get to the top in f1 without being a little bit of a dick sometimes. Piquet, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel and now Hamilton. They all push to the limit in all areas.

And there's probably a quiet minority who don't like him because he's black but since they stopped running race control it doesn't seem to affect his racing any more :lol:

Yeah, it was a joke on over the top political correctness...

siggy wrote:
I thought the point was that he receives zero criticism whatever he does. And his side of the story is believed without question.

If he was figting another brit, whatever colour, sexual preferences or perverted hobbies, he would be a little bit more scrutinised by the media instead of being treated as the ideal (step)son....

And that's exactly how British media treats Hamilton, zero criticism. So if there would be two Brits fighting for the WDC like fabs suggested, I think they'd stay with Hamilton's bandwagon just in case. If the other guy would be from even a smaller minority (well at least in racing world, that is), then they'd probably jump to the other bandwagon.

I have nothing against Hamilton, he deserved the championship, period. It would have been better if he'd needed to do more for it than just showing up on Sundays and not going full-Maldonado too often. It's not his fault that he's the fastest driver in the fastest car and the competition is behind both Mercedes when they have no technical issues. It's the fault of FIA and the stupid rules that we have. Lewis will probably have easy time next year too, just stay ahead of Vettel when ever it's possible. When it's not, just finish on as high as you can. Take tips from Button's 2009 season. And to avoid doing the same mistakes, take a look on Alonso's 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121560

He has a point, but forgets the obvious that this thinking led to drivers more or les ignoring yellow flags. In the end, full course safety cars have to become common. Drivers will never police themselves...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Spotted this oldie on Facebook:

Word is that the Polish bloke in the middle used to be a bit handy. You have to wonder where he could have been now - just imagine him in the Mercedes instead of Nico...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes well, consider euro f3. Sutil was one ofthe guys actually capable of beating Lewis. Midland put an offer on Lewis for 2007 should he not go to Mclaren...... History teaches nothing. Past results even less.

Kelvin Burt, Norberto Fontana, JC Bouillion, etc.... Being there at the right time is infinitely more valuable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
Word is that the Polish bloke in the middle used to be a bit handy.

Good choice of words lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
gkmotorsport wrote:
Word is that the Polish bloke in the middle used to be a bit handy.

Good choice of words lol

I wish I could say the pun was intended! :slaphead:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if it wasn't for that spring on Massa's head he would be in Ferrari for 2010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There is some truth to what is said there. Of course, Hamilton pushed Rosberg off limits to get the edge.

But Maaaaaayybeeeeeeee, Rosberg could act like a competitor and, if not being equal to Hamilton in pure driving talent, match him in imposing respect on the race track. If it takes a low-speed collision to do so, then be it.

If there's one rule in racing, it's that when you're next to the white line and someone moves in on you, you only lift-off/move out for two reasons:
- You're at a life-threatening speeds and don't want someone to die,
- You're his little bitch.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Greenday once wrote a song about the likes of Rosberg...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1176 177 178 179 180207 Next