TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1775 776 777 778 7791061 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Am I the only one here who doesn't understand why they picked Kentucky to test this package? It's the bumpiest track on the schedule and doesn't drive like most 1.5 mile tracks......so, to me anyways, it seems counterproductive because it won't be a true test like it would've been at Charlotte, Texas, Chicago, Kansas...... They should've just gone ahead and ran this package for the Allstar race instead of pussying out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:10 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It's the only 1.5 mile track before the chase starts, that probably was the main factor in picking it to test out this package.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I didn't realize that. All the more they should've done this for the Allstar race. :slaphead:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:02 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Agreed, I wish the teams had been more receptive to it, the All Star race would have been a better opportunity to test it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Certainly would be useful at Indy, Michigan, and Pocono as well. Perhaps that's still a possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought the reason for not doing it at the All Star race, initionally, was because they feared it might put on a better show than the 2015 package... hell me throwing a hand full of hot wheels cars down a flight of stairs could actually do.

Last edited by ChrisTRD on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

That was a pretty dumb reason. If anything, it could be worse than the current package. They should have tested it because why not? It's not like it's gonna impact the points standings or anything, just the team's checkbooks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Kenny_Wallace/status/616662729651286016[/tweet]

I hope he can do well in this race, he ran pretty decently with RAB a few years ago (got 2 or 3 top 5's and several top 10's in his starts in 2011 and 2012)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Which me throwing a hand full of hot wheels cars down a flight of stairs could actually do.

:lol: When you said this, for some reason, I was reminded of that segment on Countdown to Green that time at Dover when Dave Burns did that segment with the Hot Wheels cars rolling down the banking at Dover. Fun times.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've done my best to keep quiet on this subject, because said subject hasn't been brought up and I try my best not to offend anyone... but enough is enough, because NASCAR keeps expressing THEIR opinion and I'm at my boiling point. Not going into detail of the situation, because I'm sure anyone in the US IS aware... I will just say this:

Yes, NASCAR is making these aero package changes next week in Kentucky. BUT, if they would keep focus on this and the on track product that is suffering and failing epically instead of all the current political crap that is going on in the country at the moment.... maybe the sport could thrive again. Maybe the longtime fans that they are currently alienating could join in with the new fans that they are "hoping" to gain and NASCAR COULD BE the most popular sport in the country other than the NFL.

I'm just sick and tired of the NASCAR news on my social media timelines dominated by this crap and not the actual on track product being delivered to me. Gluck, I'm looking at you primarily for getting this bullshit started.

Anyways, I hope I haven't offended anyone in here and just had had enough after more developments and statements by NASCAR apparently that happened today after a certain famous someone apparently made some comments. I needed to rant.

I love racing. When I go to Twitter or Facebook for news, I want to see actual racing news from the series I follow. Not the crap I see all day, every day these days from NASCAR.

Is anyone seeing this besides me? Surely, I can't be the only one noticing this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:47 am 

Yeah, from dumping the Trump (although, in fairness, he's a bit of a douche) and denouncing the Confederate flag because racism, NASCAR could have been better off just staying silent.

Sports and politics never mix. Ever.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
I've done my best to keep quiet on this subject, because said subject hasn't been brought up and I try my best not to offend anyone... but enough is enough, because NASCAR keeps expressing THEIR opinion and I'm at my boiling point. Not going into detail of the situation, because I'm sure anyone in the US IS aware... I will just say this:

Yes, NASCAR is making these aero package changes next week in Kentucky. BUT, if they would keep focus on this and the on track product that is suffering and failing epically instead of all the current political crap that is going on in the country at the moment.... maybe the sport could thrive again. Maybe the longtime fans that they are currently alienating could join in with the new fans that they are "hoping" to gain and NASCAR COULD BE the most popular sport in the country other than the NFL.

I'm just sick and tired of the NASCAR news on my social media timelines dominated by this crap and not the actual on track product being delivered to me. Gluck, I'm looking at you primarily for getting this bullshit started.

Anyways, I hope I haven't offended anyone in here and just had had enough after more developments and statements by NASCAR apparently that happened today after a certain famous someone apparently made some comments. I needed to rant.

I love racing. When I go to Twitter or Facebook for news, I want to see actual racing news from the series I follow. Not the crap I see all day, every day these days from NASCAR.

Is anyone seeing this besides me? Surely, I can't be the only one noticing this.

I honestly couldn't care about all the shit they post. It's just easier not to give a shit. I'll watch a race here and there but I don't go out of my way to watch it if I've got something else I can do. Couldn't even find last week's race on the radio to listen to on the drive home from Winchester.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's social media. Everyone now has an opinion which they consider a news story. These days fans break news because they caught something on their phone. It's out of control but can't be stopped. Unfortunately NASCAR was put in a box. You can say it was best to be silent but it would only be a matter of time before some Jackass looking for clicks would post a story about how NASCAR allows the Confederate Flag to fly on the grounds of their sporting event. I think NASCAR has done a fine job with the situation. They said what they said and that's that. It's the media who over hypes a story yet again.

Look, I understand the people who want to fly that flag because they are southerners but the reality is it's offensive to a lot of people. That sucks. I live in New England and I rarely see the "original American Flag" flying. The one with the 13 stars in a circle representing the 0riginal 13 colonies.I see the current American flag with 50 stars and 13 stripes. Why? Probably because this is 2015 and that's who we are as a nation now. Unified as one nation. I'm so sick of this divide people feel they need to keep present.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So, just found out that Camping World was the one threatening to pull the plug and Nascar caved. Surely they could have found someone else to sponsor the best on track product of the 3 national series if they would have let them walk... Surely?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:30 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
ChrisTRD wrote:
Which me throwing a hand full of hot wheels cars down a flight of stairs could actually do.

:lol: When you said this, for some reason, I was reminded of that segment on Countdown to Green that time at Dover when Dave Burns did that segment with the Hot Wheels cars rolling down the banking at Dover. Fun times.

Or the bowling ball down the banking at Bristol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:32 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

NASCAR's probably having a hard time as it is finding sponsors.

They kind of did the right thing regarding Trump, if that's who you are referring to. Why anyone would willingly have anything to do with that $ack of $hit is beyond me.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You can not blame NASCAR for making moves based on sponsors. All major sports do it. Camping World has invested a ton of money in a series that a few years ago was being debated about its need for exsistance. Business is business, the sponsors pay the bills. These days a major corporation will not associate with such controversy. If you want a financially stable NASCAR then you listen to sponsors.

Also, fuck Trump.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:45 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Donald Trump is a horrible, horrible human being.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What's the deal with Trump?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:01 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Getting that "running for president" ego

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21201 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1775 776 777 778 7791061 Next