TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 195 96 97 98 99207 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
his average is even higher of those from de Cesaris, as modern tracks have bigger runoff areas

Perhaps it is worth a look in the de Cesaris thread over at the Nostalgia Forum (under Autosport) and it covers well of the practice, qualifing and races Andrea took part.

Plenty of offs and broken engines there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Maybe it's old news, but I went to the official F1 site to find some qualifying times from a few years ago, and I could barely find my way around the site. It's horrible to use. I found what I was looking for much more quickly on wikipedia...

One of the most amazing sites is projektf1.com
It has free practice results from 1976 http://projektf1.com/?result&year=1976& ... sion=free1
And warm-up results from 1977 http://projektf1.com/?result&year=1977& ... ssion=warm

It's disgraceful this information isn't available in the official site. FIA must have an archive where all timed sessions since 1950 are at least in paper. Wonder what's the reason they're not in digital format.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
JJ wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
Maybe it's old news, but I went to the official F1 site to find some qualifying times from a few years ago, and I could barely find my way around the site. It's horrible to use. I found what I was looking for much more quickly on wikipedia...

One of the most amazing sites is projektf1.com
It has free practice results from 1976 http://projektf1.com/?result&year=1976& ... sion=free1
And warm-up results from 1977 http://projektf1.com/?result&year=1977& ... ssion=warm

It's disgraceful this information isn't available in the official site. FIA must have an archive where all timed sessions since 1950 are at least in paper. Wonder what's the reason they're not in digital format.

Because no one really cares who set the fastest time in practice for the Dutch Grand Prix of 1971?

I do. Perhaps not 1971 but a result of 2013 would still be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's a principle. There is petabytes of less worthy information on the Internet, so why not also have historical results of Formula 1. In excel sheet it probably takes a few megabytes.
Well, knowing FIA they make an app that allows viewing statistics for 2€/season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:31 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

JJ wrote:
It's a principle. There is petabytes of less worthy information on the Internet, so why not also have historical results of Formula 1. In excel sheet it probably takes a few megabytes.
Well, knowing FIA they make an app that allows viewing statistics for 2€/session.

Fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:11 am 

Quote:
Williams announce Adrian Sutil announced as reserve driver for 2015 season
25 Mar 2015

WILLIAMS MARTINI RACING is pleased to announce Adrian Sutil as its official Reserve Driver for the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship season.

Adrian made his Formula One debut in 2007 with the Spyker F1 team before continuing to race with the team under their new guise of Force India from 2008 until 2011. He returned to the sport in 2013, again with Force India before contesting the 2014 season with Sauber.

Adrian will spend time in the team’s race simulator to ensure he is fully accustomed to the Williams Mercedes FW37 controls and procedures should he be required to step into the cockpit at any time during the current season. He has also spent time integrating himself into the team to ensure he is fully prepared to join Williams Martini Racing at any event should the need arise.

Speaking about the appointment Sir Frank Williams, Founder and Team Principal, said: "I'm delighted to have Adrian join our stable of drivers for the 2015 season. Adrian brings extensive racing experience, having competed 128 Formula One races during his career. Having most recently raced during the 2014 season also gives him excellent knowledge of the current generation of race car and new Hybrid power units, which is invaluable for anyone needing to step into the cockpit in 2015. The fight for a top Constructors’ Championship position will be intense this season, therefore we have selected a driver with recent race experience and are confident that if the need arose, he would be a solid pair of hands to race the FW37 and assist our 2015 campaign."

Adrian Sutil said: "I'm very proud to be a part of such a famous and great F1 team. To work for Sir Frank Williams and his team means a lot to me. I would like to thank everyone at Williams for their belief in my qualities and the opportunity to work with such a successful and competitive outfit."

Source: http://www.williamsf1.com/racing/news/a ... 015-season

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:13 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Mediocrity will never die

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:20 am 

Quote:

Alonso says steering 'locked' for testing crash

McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso has gone against the team's official explanation of his testing crash, revealing that he felt his steering "lock to the right" in the moments leading up to the impact. Alonso suffered concussion in an accident on the final day of the second pre-season test at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, and was advised by doctors to skip the opening round in Australia.

McLaren promptly suggested that the incident could have been caused by "unpredictably gusty winds" at the time, and said there were no signs of any technical problems from the car's data. But speaking ahead of his return at this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix, Alonso described McLaren's initial theory as a "guess", and made clear that there was a steering issue on his car.

"There is not in the data anything clear that we can spot, but definitely we had a steering problem in the middle of Turn 3 – it locked to the right," said Alonso during Thursday's press conference at Sepang.

"I approached the wall, I braked in the last moment and I downshifted from fifth to third. Unfortunately on the data we're still missing some parts, probably also the acquisition data on that particularly area of the car. "There are some new sensors [on the car] here for this race and there are some changes that we do on the steering rack and other parts."

When asked if driver error or a gust of wind was behind the accident, Alonso replied: "No, definitely not. I don't know if you've seen the video, but even a hurricane will not move the car at that speed. "Also, if you have any problem, or a medical issue, normally you will lose power and go straight to the outside, never to the inside. In a Formula 1 car you still need to apply some effort to the steering wheel.

"With the accident, and the repercussion of the accident, the news being in Spain with a lot of attention, probably the first answers that the team had was some guess on the wind and other possibilities.

"That creates a little bit of confusion, but you cannot say nothing for three or four days until I remember everything, because in these three or four days then will become even worse." Alonso also clarified that he lost consciousness on his way to the hospital, rather than during the crash, and moved to deny various rumours that have since appeared in the media. "Everything was more or less a normal concussion," Alonso commented.

"I had this concussion and went to the hospital in good conditions. There is a time that I don't remember, from 14:00 to 18:00 or something, but everything was normal due to the medication that they give you.

"I didn't wake up in 1995, I didn't wake up speaking in Italian, and all of these things that were out there. I remember the accident and I remember everything that following day." Despite failing to find a definitive answer over the crash, Alonso says he has no safety fears. "There are zero problems, zero worries on my side. Everything is OK," he stated.

Source: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3235 ... ing-crash/

Nice to see Alonso come out & give the fans an answer about what occured, & clear up the rumours about 1995, different languages etc. Looking forward to seeing the Button/Alonso battle & see it push the team forward to where it belongs!

dicksplaash wrote:

I think with any team, they're quite restricted in regards to the in season testing ban as the choice of drivers to use should the need arise. The lack of test time for non race drivers starves them of track time mileage, meaning someone like Sutil is a sensible choice... Don't get me wrong, I don't rate him as a good driver, but I understand the reasoning being the choice... I'd rather see someone like Susie Wolffe in the car... :thumbsup:

Last edited by WilliamsF1 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So nice. Now Susie had someone she can share the latest fashion with when they are doing absolutely nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I like Sutil's style (not fashion)... signing up as reserve driver shortly after one gets an injury from a heavy lower body impact...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did Sutil drop all charges with Sauber or what? Signing that deal would give them a huge benefit in court.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

WilliamsF1 wrote:
Quote:

Alonso says steering 'locked' for testing crash

McLaren-Honda driver Fernando Alonso has gone against the team's official explanation of his testing crash, revealing that he felt his steering "lock to the right" in the moments leading up to the impact. Alonso suffered concussion in an accident on the final day of the second pre-season test at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, and was advised by doctors to skip the opening round in Australia.

McLaren promptly suggested that the incident could have been caused by "unpredictably gusty winds" at the time, and said there were no signs of any technical problems from the car's data. But speaking ahead of his return at this weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix, Alonso described McLaren's initial theory as a "guess", and made clear that there was a steering issue on his car.

"There is not in the data anything clear that we can spot, but definitely we had a steering problem in the middle of Turn 3 – it locked to the right," said Alonso during Thursday's press conference at Sepang.

"I approached the wall, I braked in the last moment and I downshifted from fifth to third. Unfortunately on the data we're still missing some parts, probably also the acquisition data on that particularly area of the car. "There are some new sensors [on the car] here for this race and there are some changes that we do on the steering rack and other parts."

When asked if driver error or a gust of wind was behind the accident, Alonso replied: "No, definitely not. I don't know if you've seen the video, but even a hurricane will not move the car at that speed. "Also, if you have any problem, or a medical issue, normally you will lose power and go straight to the outside, never to the inside. In a Formula 1 car you still need to apply some effort to the steering wheel.

"With the accident, and the repercussion of the accident, the news being in Spain with a lot of attention, probably the first answers that the team had was some guess on the wind and other possibilities.

"That creates a little bit of confusion, but you cannot say nothing for three or four days until I remember everything, because in these three or four days then will become even worse." Alonso also clarified that he lost consciousness on his way to the hospital, rather than during the crash, and moved to deny various rumours that have since appeared in the media. "Everything was more or less a normal concussion," Alonso commented.

"I had this concussion and went to the hospital in good conditions. There is a time that I don't remember, from 14:00 to 18:00 or something, but everything was normal due to the medication that they give you.

"I didn't wake up in 1995, I didn't wake up speaking in Italian, and all of these things that were out there. I remember the accident and I remember everything that following day." Despite failing to find a definitive answer over the crash, Alonso says he has no safety fears. "There are zero problems, zero worries on my side. Everything is OK," he stated.

Source: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3235 ... ing-crash/

Nice to see Alonso come out & give the fans an answer about what occured, & clear up the rumours about 1995, different languages etc. Looking forward to seeing the Button/Alonso battle & see it push the team forward to where it belongs!

dicksplaash wrote:

I think with any team, they're quite restricted in regards to the in season testing ban as the choice of drivers to use should the need arise. The lack of test time for non race drivers starves them of track time mileage, meaning someone like Sutil is a sensible choice... Don't get me wrong, I don't rate him as a good driver, but I understand the reasoning being the choice... I'd rather see someone like Susie Wolffe in the car... :thumbsup:

And there is the first bitch slap. Will be a miracle if he sees out this year let alone his contract.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so it wasn't a move to get away from that detuned car

let's see if he can bring the 0.9 mclaren needs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:05 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

LucasWheldon wrote:
so it wasn't a move to get away from that detuned car

let's see if he can bring the 0.9 mclaren needs

I don't know, sounds weird that some bits of data is missing that would tell that the steering locked at that particular moment.

It doesn't explain the long stay at the emergency room either. Or the long media silence. Maybe they wanted the rumors to go wild so no one would focus on the difficulties that the team has with the new engine.

And basically all Fernando is saying that the team was lying, nice way to re-boot the 2007 atmosphere right there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:13 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

In other news, Nico Rosberg admits that he uses ladies sanitary towels. The surprising part is that he uses it in his helmet to prevent sweat going in to his eyes.

Some people are dickheads, but Nico... :tumble:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dicksplaash wrote:

says the ekström fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm 

Metzo wrote:
dicksplaash wrote:

says the ekström fan

oh no you didn't

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:17 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Might be old news, but: http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/renaul ... -race.html

Quote:
According to Renault F1 boss Cyril Abiteboul, a race-winning engine isn't something that's going to happen this year. He was also quoted by Autosport saying that "What we have done is shortcut and bypass the important steps in engine development. That means some of the stuff you should be doing on the dyno, you end up doing on the track," only to later add that "That's not really the way forward, but it is a good learning for everyone who was pushing for this strategy."

It's suggested in the comments that by "everyone who was pushing for this strategy" he's referring to RBR?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 pm 

Mario Illien (ex 90s Mercedes I think?) joined them a few months ago so he could bring new idea's to Renault.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 195 96 97 98 99207 Next