TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So Newman at Phoenix was the usual?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:12 am 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

Gael wrote:
Oh no, I agree on that, what I'm saying is the I don't buy into the whole deal where teams aren't trying their best to win races or have their best possible finish, regardless of if there's a Chase or not.

There's a huge difference between trying to win races and getting the best possible finish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes, even you mindset, how much pressure the driver and the crew is feeling, it's another thing.

Anyway, the end of this race was Nascar as fuck. Mixed strats, and one pitstop mistake. Almost all that happens only in Nascar.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:45 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Wrong again.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:55 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Post-car as fuck. Nascar is in a completely new rhelm of stupidity these days.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Wrong again.

In your opinion, you're not God. Thank God.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:13 pm 

I'm taking issue on the "only in NASCAR" statement. It's further from the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because everyone always starts on the same type of tyre in F1 right and no one's ever won in Indycar by using a different fuel strategy to everyone else and McLaren have always been perfect at pitstops.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Soul Reaver wrote:

No, that was unusual and it wasn't the type of racing most of us wanted to see (if you look at the reaction in the race thread).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:
Because everyone always starts on the same type of tyre in F1 right and no one's ever won in Indycar by using a different fuel strategy to everyone else and McLaren have always been perfect at pitstops.

F1 only had guys with Track position vs Guys with newer tyres at Silverstone when all tyres were exploding. An pit-stop mistake normally cost only time, not track position as the cars are spread apart on track. And the chance of a pit-stop to go wrong is way higher in Nascar, not only go wrong, but the difference in time, ask Kevin Harvick :mrgreen: . And in Indy they always change tyres, when there's strat difference, is a fucking boring race with everyone just coasting to the finish or in a road course, no overtakes except the ones due to the stop in pit-lanes and when the SC comes out. Now at Homestead we had one guys staying out, one with 2 tyres, one with 4 and the other being left out of the battle due to a dramatic jack drop. All in the same race. And still, lots of overtakes and drama on-track. Oh, F1 may have pit-stop mistakes, but you can guess with a very small margin, who's gonna be the champion after just some races, and who's going to win after just some laps. Not in Nascar. It's all this that made the difference. It's all this that made this race Nascar as fuck.

Chris A wrote:
Soul Reaver wrote:

No, that was unusual and it wasn't the type of racing most of us wanted to see (if you look at the reaction in the race thread).

Oh, sry, I was talking about the behaviour, if it was a Winston cup or a chase, and how people try to compare who would have won if the points system was another one. I only read the last posts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently Brian France is just over the moon and proud as can be about how this system played out. God I hate that fucking brain dead, nauseating piece of shit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I hate how the media is saying "this went exactly how nascar wanted it to!" or "the chase did exactly what it was designed to do!"

NO FUCKING SHIT

It couldn't NOT do that.

Maybe next year, we'll have SIX or maybe even EIGHT cars tied at the last race! WOW!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Or maybe he goes full retard and jut resets all 43 to the same score..... lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The sooner that brain dead shit snuffs it the better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Russian Roulette is also dramatic and tense but there are better, healthier ways to get one's pulse racing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well it did go as well as can be expected. I did think it was amusing that Harvick and his team treated as though it was any other "Chase" - try and win the most races at the end of the season.

Unless the TV ratings bomb next year I can see them using this system for some time to come.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:51 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well I'm too lazy to quote it right now, can update later, but according to the twitter journalists, the ratings for homestead were the same as they were the year before. I'm sure that'll get blamed on the economy or something. Because that is the convenient excuse.

EDIT: i expected they would've gone up because MUH 4 WAY TIE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I know I've bitched about it but I'll just end with this. As others have stated, every final race is now going to be a game 7. I don't know how you can get excited for that? We know there's gonna be 4 guys going into the finale tied in points no matter what. Those who were comparing nascar to other sports were right about one thing. With this chase, there's even less of a point to watch the regular season races as you know it will all "go down" in the last 10 races. In the same way I rarely watch baseball until the world series begins. I feel like the last bit of racing that was left with the sport is gone, it's just a gimmick now with broken cars and insufferable drivers. It's like, the kind of category I would fit a demo derby or car soccer in, is what this would be filed under too. When I think about it in that sense, it's actually not so bad. Since then I'm watching it for a laugh or something, much different than when I tune into normal auto race. With that said, I'm still a fan of nascar's lower series, hopefully they don't get fucked over too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I wouldn't say there's any less point in watching the regular season due to this Chase. Every race holds the possibility for someone new to lock himself into the Chase. Plus there's the reason of watching an actual race play out too, regardless of what impact it has on the championship..

Anyway, just seen it. Best man won but Newman's RCR car is likely not as good as a Hendrick machine and for him to get himself to where he did at the end, right on the bumper of the best man all season, was something.

I know some aspects of this new knockout Chase format are unfair but I feel it’s worth the entertainment value it brings to the table. It’s definitely more ‘all or nothing’ but that’s exciting. And it’s put an emphasis on winning like never before. It’s great to see the top teams and driver throw everything at it to try and get a win. No getting out of the car and saying we had a good points day like they all used to. And while you can still points race your way in like Newman, you better absolutely stay out of trouble as Gordon showed, not even two runner-up positions can make up for a bad finish.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

When did everyone decide points racing was so bad? I've seen a lot of the pro-Chase posts saying they like that points racing is over as if it were some long-endured scourge. It feels very revisionist to me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 451 posts ]  Go to page Previous 119 20 21 22 23 Next