TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 6479 Next

Who will lead the Drivers Championship after the Japanese GP?
Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:53 am
Lewis HAMILTON 64%  64%  [ 21 ]
Nico ROSBERG 36%  36%  [ 12 ]
Total votes: 33
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:17 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

I feel for the photographer too. Must be hard taking those shots, but essentially he had to do it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Damn, this is just too shocking for words. Those pictures really put into perspective just how horrific this incident is. I bet Sutil felt completely helpless just standing there watching. Its just awful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

James B wrote:
I feel for the photographer too. Must be hard taking those shots, but essentially he had to do it

I would think that the photographer didn't really think too much about that when he actually took the shots, I've read other photographers taking pictures from accidents and such that the shock comes a while afterwards.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In the newspaper édition of L'équipe, they have published a picture of Jules without his helmet. No real sign of wounds is visible,but the picture is quite disturbing...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:34 pm 

This puts the power of the crash into perspective. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
coldtyre wrote:
L'Equipe, according to a tweet from Canal+ commentator: Bianchi's parents arrived at the hospital.

Hopefully more news soon then.

I'm fearing they're there to say goodbye and he's only alive because he's on life support. I so hope I'm wrong. :(

jeez, bunch of pessimists. If someone has a big accident and is in intensive care, it is not more than normal that the parents visit. And it is also pure logic that they inform the parents and relatives first, so they don't have to hear the update of their child through the media. Maybe it is bad, maybe it is over, maybe it is nothing but do not draw conclusions because of the fact that his parents visit.

I'll grieve when there is reason to grieve, but not before.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:42 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Spoiler:

So it seems that photo was taken just a few seconds before Bianchi's accident. It also suggests that the crane was moving backwards. So many coincidences leading to this nasty situation :/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:46 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

i may feel we are a little overreacting here. Not saying we should not feel bad for what happened to bianchi but it's part of the sport and if you can't properly handle it than it may be the wrong sport for you. This is part of the sport, even if it's the worst part, and we know it and we should accept it.
Watching people die or in pain is something that sooner or later will happen to all of us. If things go by the plan we will all survive our parents, we'll see them die, we'll feel hopeless cause we love them and we'll deal with it. Sutil had no fault in what happened, so he will feel bad for a while and than will deal with it cause he knows it's part of the job. If he will have nightmares for the rest of his life than people like Stewart, Lauda, Ickx or Sheckter should have gone completely crazy nowdays.
Photographers knows this is part of their job, that things like these could happen and it's their job to keep shooting, also because that may come in handy for the police or the following investigations.

So we all have the right to feel sad because this is something we don't want to see but we also have the duty to not slip into demagogy or the next thing will be "we should ban motorracing it's too dangerous"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
micha wrote:
coldtyre wrote:
L'Equipe, according to a tweet from Canal+ commentator: Bianchi's parents arrived at the hospital.

Hopefully more news soon then.

I'm fearing they're there to say goodbye and he's only alive because he's on life support. I so hope I'm wrong. :(

jeez, bunch of pessimists. If someone has a big accident and is in intensive care, it is not more than normal that the parents visit. And it is also pure logic that they inform the parents and relatives first, so they don't have to hear the update of their child through the media. Maybe it is bad, maybe it is over, maybe it is nothing but do not draw conclusions because of the fact that his parents visit.

Good for you, and others deal with the situation the way they feel is appropriate. There is no right way to handle a situation like this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cambridge wrote:
i may feel we are a little overreacting here. Not saying we should not feel bad for what happened to bianchi but it's part of the sport and if you can't properly handle it than it may be the wrong sport for you. This is part of the sport, even if it's the worst part, and we know it and we should accept it.
Watching people die or in pain is something that sooner or later will happen to all of us. If things go by the plan we will all survive our parents, we'll see them die, we'll feel hopeless cause we love them and we'll deal with it. Sutil had no fault in what happened, so he will feel bad for a while and than will deal with it cause he knows it's part of the job. If he will have nightmares for the rest of his life than people like Stewart, Lauda, Ickx or Sheckter should have gone completely crazy nowdays.
Photographers knows this is part of their job, that things like these could happen and it's their job to keep shooting, also because that may come in handy for the police or the following investigations.

So we all have the right to feel sad because this is something we don't want to see but we also have the duty to not slip into demagogy or the next thing will be "we should ban motorracing it's too dangerous"

I don't see anyone saying motor racing should be banned. But it's clear that this accident could have been avoided had a number of things been done differently. If everyone had your attitude then we'd still be watching cars flying into trees every other week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:53 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

BrainPain wrote:
James B wrote:

I would think that the photographer didn't really think too much about that when he actually took the shots, I've read other photographers taking pictures from accidents and such that the shock comes a while afterwards.

having been a photographer for a while, the only things you do in that kind of situation is shoot because it's all you can actually do. You can't help because medics are there, you can't change what happened because it's not your fault, so you do the only thing you can do there. Than later you may not want to see the pictures you've shot or you may feel you want to delete them, maybe you'll watch them with other people and comment them, like we would do on this forum after watching a live crash "what went wrong, what could be done and so on" i'm sure there's also someone thinking "i'll make some money with these". and by the way you probably also feel less bad shooting a passed out driver than a suffering one because it feels less like "poking his wound" if you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:56 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Schumifan wrote:
cambridge wrote:

I don't see anyone saying motor racing should be banned. But it's clear that this accident could have been avoided had a number of things been done differently. If everyone had your attitude then we'd still be watching cars flying into trees every other week.

totally misunderstood me. I know it could have been avoided. I'm just saying that reading things like "Sutil won't be able to sleep ever after" is just nonsense. IF all people had my attitude we would all deal with problems guided by reason and not by emotions wich is always the right approach to deal with problems so we probably would have even less cars flying into the trees.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ah, got you. My bad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BrainPain wrote:
Omega wrote:
micha wrote:

Good for you, and others deal with the situation the way they feel is appropriate. There is no right way to handle a situation like this.

If you feel it is appropiate to think the worst without knowing anything, then you have an exhausting life.

I know that is not what you are trying to say, I'm just taking things to the extreme.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm saying that some people might prefer to expect the worst, so they don't get a shock if the outcome indeed turns out to be the worst, and be pleasantly surprised if they are wrong, instead of the other way around, clinging to hope and then being devastated if the outcome is the worst possible. Everybody deals with a situation like this differently, and should be allowed to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The available pictures seem to suggest he went nose first under the crane. The rollhoop is off the car in some pictures. I strongly doubt the safety crew removed it and that it is an result of the impact.
His head therefor most likely took a tremendous hit.

It's all own conclusions which might be way off but excuse me for fearing the worst based on what I've seen and heard so far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Sky Sports F1 ‏@SkySportsF1 2m2 minutes ago

After update from FIA media chief at Mie hospital, @SkySportsNewsHQ report Jules Bianchi’s condition remains critical but stable

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:32 pm 

Stable is good

I feel like we've been through this so many times it's become a noticeable pattern - first with Da Matta, then Massa, Kubica and Schumacher. There are probably others too. All very different outcomes, though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Would just like to stress that, while encouraging, official statements will be released through Marussia/Mie General, not the FIA. So for now this is still unofficial.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
I remember Olav Mol talking about having multiple screens with information.

I don't know if it's still used but at least they could flash some sort of information on that for the broadcasters so they could inform the viewers without having to actually show whats going on.
Something I didn't notice when watching Live but spotted earlier was that FOM did bring Bianchi's name/team graphic up onto the screen not long after the accident yet it seems nobody noticed it or maybe thought it was brought up in error.
https://flic.kr/p/pxJBb8

gkmotorsport wrote:
Did other channels realise what had happened? I got the impression that this was mainly a BBC screwup. Surely the driver tracker would have shown Bianchi as stopped in that area? The on-screen timing certainly showed him as 'Out' for some time before the BBC picked up on it.
Sky picked up that something had happened a lot sooner than the BBC did & they figured out it was Bianchi when some marshal's were moving some of the Marussia red bodywork around.

The driver tracker which FOM send out for the TV broadcasters (The one thats a part of the image i post above) runs off the timing loops rather than the GPS (Which I believe the mobile app uses) so if a car goes off there dot on the driver tracker will keep moving until it reaches the next timing loop. When Bianchi went off yesterday his dot on the driver tracker kept moving until the hairpin & then disappeared with the 'out' marker coming up at the side.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1575 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 6479 Next