TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 58140 Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:54 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Pro Cup has been on a downward spiral since the end of 2008 when Hooter's pulled out of the series. A couple years ago they tried to get more cars by allowing K&N Pro Series cars to compete but that did nothing to help. A lot of people thought it just needed a new title sponsor to bring money back into the series, they have a title sponsor now but that's done nothing to help either. The only thing I think they can do to breathe life back into the series is to transition into a Late Model Stock Car touring series and fill the void left by the defunct UARA series. Though that still may not help since the UARA often struggled for cars, but if they ran a rulebook that more closely followed the NASCAR rulebook they would have many dozens of tracks from which they could pull cars on the east coast, and keeping the rulebook closer to the NASCAR version would allow local drivers to compete when the touring series comes to town. The K&N Pro Series rose to replace what the Pro Cup series once was and the only way to survive will be to evolve.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

According to the Racing Reference comments, they will be allowing late model stock cars to compete alongside the Pro Cup cars from the next race onwards.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Whelen All-American Series if anyone's interested.

http://www.vipleague.is/motorsports/253 ... nline.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SuperDIRTWeek XLIII on the Moody Mile at the NYS Fairgrounds is this weekend.

http://superdirtweekonline.com/

Leaving in the morning to get up to my buddies and then on to the mile for tomorrow nights qualifying races. Yes, that's right. 850HP Big Block Dirt Mods on the Mile at night. It's pretty cool to see. 100 laps Silver Crown and 150 lap Small Block race on Saturday and then the Grand Daddy 200 Sunday afternoon. Always a good time.

Some quick highlights from the past, but first a little intro:

Action gets crazy at 5:20 when Danny runs dry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:23 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

So jealous, kind of sucks, I'm back in New York this weekend because my sister is visiting from Texas, but I can't really bail and go down for any of the races. Also very disappointed that I can't go to the Hurricane 100 at Brewerton, that is by far my favorite race of Super Dirt Week, plus I'm missing the rescheduled Milk Bowl at Thunder Road this weekend. Hopefully next weekends weather is good as I am planning on going to both nights of the Dirtcar Nationals at Brockville, I love that track.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Hurricane isn't what it used to be now that it's a DIRTCar 358 SDS race. It's still good, but it was better when it was an open Modified race. They also cut the purse from $10K to win to $5K to win.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If anyone can find footage or even a highlights reel of the mod race at Charlotte, please post here. A shame the NASCAR series with the best racing isn't covered on TV while aero parades are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

so the pro cup race had a 100% increase in their field size, to 8 cars...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wreckinturn4 wrote:
so the pro cup race had a 100% increase in their field size, to 8 cars...

Well, three of those (the top three finishers), were the only ones that run the full series.

4-8 were LPR track regulars. I noticed Brian Keselowski or Mayfield neither one showed up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I finished 3rd at the 23rd running of the US Legend Cars Asphalt Nationals at The Bullring in Vegas. :D

Also finished 2nd in the Race of Champions, which combines all the Legends regional champions in one race. :thumbsup:

It was a great weekend! :flag:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pro Cup had 16 cars last weekend at their season finale race at Hickory. Hearing some rumors about a possible switch to a Super Late Model or Late Model Stock Car rules package or continuing to combine the current Pro Cup spec cars with LMSC cars (added weight to LMSC is what they did if I remember right).

SPEED51 will have PPV coverage of next weekend's North South Shootout at Caraway, $20 bucks is the cost and will include the Tour Modifieds, PASS Super Late Models, Southeast Limiteds and USAC HPD Midgets

zippy wrote:
I finished 3rd at the 23rd running of the US Legend Cars Asphalt Nationals at The Bullring in Vegas. :D

Also finished 2nd in the Race of Champions, which combines all the Legends regional champions in one race. :thumbsup:

It was a great weekend! :flag:

congrats bud!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

this is just awesome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:13 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I've finally completed the 2013 edition of my Short Trackin' video series which highlights many of the wild, controversial, and otherwise memorable moments from the 2013 race season in Virginia and North Carolina.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Pro Cup rules package is no more. CARS Tour has announced that they will be running 2 series next season for Super Late Models & Late Model Stock Cars (i.e. NASCAR rules for NC/SC/VA/TN & UARA spec style cars).
PRESS RELEASE wrote:
Mooresville, NC 11/11/14 - Officials with Championship Auto Racing Series (CARS) are proud to announce the transition of the Pro Cup Series into the birth of a new dual event featuring the CARS Late Model Stock Car Tour and the CARS Super Late Model Tour that will both begin competition in March 2015. The two individual tours will run on the same night, at the same exact facility, for just one ticket price, giving fans a true “best of both worlds” experience when it comes to pavement short track racing.

The newly formed tour will award $43,000 in combined purse money each and every race plus additional contingency cash and awards to be added over the off season. The Super Late Model event winner will walk away with $5,500 while the 30th and final finisher each week receives $550 for their efforts. On the Late Model Stock Car side of things each winner will take home a $4,500 winner’s check with the 30th and final finisher receiving $450.

The season will feature ten events throughout the 2015 calendar year with a distance of 150 green flag laps for both the Super Late Models and the Late Model Stock Cars. Each class will utilize just four tires for the race each event.

“The decision we’ve come to today has been a long and thought out process of what we wanted to do as a sanctioning body going forward. We feel this will give us the best possible product to offer fans, sponsors, and competitors alike,” stated series owner Jack McNelly. “To our knowledge this is something that hasn’t that hasn’t been done before; taking two premier type race cars and putting them on tour together in a “special event” style format each and every time we race throughout the season.”

Each tour will feature cars that fit individually under the soon to announced Late Model Stock Car and Super Late Model rule books issued by the series in the coming weeks. The former Pro Cup machines that have been used under the CARS sanctioning body will not be approved for competition in either class going forward.

“We have worked very hard and did everything we knew to do to make the Pro Cup Series work, but over time we just couldn’t get the series headed in the right direction no matter what we did,” explained McNelly. “The Pro Cup cars and series will always bring back fond memories for me personally but today it’s about moving toward the future and what it has to bring.”

Several new things will be coming forth from the CARS Tour in the coming weeks as a very busy off season is already in full swing for the sanctioning body. Soon to be available will be tour rulebooks for each class, team and driver registration, 2015 schedule, and the unveiling of a new website and branding platform will be made available.

For more information and to stay up with all the latest news and information on the all new CARS Late Model Stock Tour and the all new CARS Super Late Model Tour visit www.carsracingtour.com or contact the series directly at 704-662-9212.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's great news.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:36 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Hopefully they keep the LMSC rules pretty close to the NASCAR rulebook or else I don't see them picking up any local drivers. That's one of the problems the UARA series had, they purposely made the rules different than NASCAR, sometimes they'd get 30 cars, other times they'd have like 15. The good news for the LMSC aspect of the series is that there is no other LMSC touring series to compete against. The Super Late Model aspect has both the PASS South series and the Southern Super Series, but a lot of SLM drivers are willing to travel, even the northern drivers often show up at southern races so if they work the schedule around those other two series they might be able to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:52 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That's interesting.

I'm sure Tom Mayberry isn't impressed, but then again, Tom Mayberry is an idiot, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:41 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
That's interesting.

I'm sure Tom Mayberry isn't impressed, but then again, Tom Mayberry is an idiot, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No doubt. I tried working with those idiots last off-season. They asked me what it would take to do live streaming so I did a bunch of research and typed up a multiple page document on what would be needed, how it would work, any potential problems, and their potential solutions. They said they'd get back to me and took them 2 months. Just 3 weeks before the first scheduled race they got back to me and said they wanted to do it. That should have been my first sign, but it seemed like a good opportunity so I went along with it. They bought all the equipment, I tested it the best I could at home and at my local track. Then a week before the first race they cancelled it, that should have been my second sign, but I still went along with it. As the next race approached I grew more concerned about some of the problems I had laid out earlier but they just weren't interested. For some reason they were willing to spend a bunch of money on streaming equipment but weren't willing to spend a little extra to make sure it would work, even though I had told them well in advance they may need to do so. I had to pull their leg just to get them to get me a hotel room for 1 night even though I had to drive 7 hours one way just to get to the track, I ended up paying for a hotel room the night before with money I didn't have so that I didn't have to leave at 3 AM to get to the track on time, and I bought some of the equipment that they wouldn't. If they would have just been willing to get me out to the track the day before to set everything up and test it we wouldn't have had any problems but they weren't. So I set everything up on race day, some stuff didn't work right, we didn't have time to fix it, the track internet that they insisted on using was 1 step above dial up, the backup 4G hotspot had the password jacked up so we couldn't use that. Fortunately someone else loaned them their hotspot thing, but then we had problems with the streaming service locking people out so everything ended up being a big disaster, at the end of the night they took their stuff and said it wasn't working out. They didn't even give me enough money to cover my expenses, much less the day's worth of back breaking work I'd put in or the weeks I'd spent researching, planning, and testing their crap. So yeah, you couldn't pay me enough to go to a PASS sanctioned anything ever again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I guess this is the best place to put this, considering nothing major has ran this course in years (not counting PWC in 2007 considering that was just the big oval with 2 chicanes on pole night). But anyway, they are completely overhauling the infield road course at Charlotte. Some brand new sections added, I just wonder if it will be finished before INEX Winter Heat.
http://instagram.com/p/vGggNqL0gn/?modal=true

In other news, hearing Discovery is working on a motorsports reality show. Something very very similar to a show that was on the air 3 to 4 years ago with some of the same drivers on it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PASS has added another race to their South schedule at Kingsport Speedway on May 8. They are also adding the KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series to co-headline the races at Kingsport and Concord. They also moved Concord to a Friday night show instead of Saturday night. The only reason why I could see them doing this for good is to not compete with Bowman Gray with most of the cars in the KOMA Tour running weekly at Bowman. But on the other hand they are now competing with the World of Outlaws @ Charlotte on the same night, which is already starting to get limited on seating being available according to Ticketmaster

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2788 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 58140 Next