3 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 121
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

9 - As modern F1 goes, that was as classic as you'll see. Would have been a 10 if one team hadn't raped the field but at least the team-mates were allowed to fight for the win.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Really don't like this calling people out for unpopular votes thing, it kinda adds to the culture of ganging up on people that TBK shows from time to time. It also regularly puts the mods in a bit of a bully role. It's a fucking internet poll, is it really important enough to call people to account on?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:09 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

1988 all over again.

Plz continue this over the course of the season, Mercedes.

Formula 1 2014 finally comes good.

Amazing that the majority of the battles came from team mates racing each other.
That's how you run a dominant racing team, wind em up, let 'em loose.
Listening, Red Bull/Ferrari ;)

9/10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Everything we were missing for the last year, now combined in one race. 10!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:51 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
Really don't like this calling people out for unpopular votes thing, it kinda adds to the culture of ganging up on people that TBK shows from time to time. It also regularly puts the mods in a bit of a bully role. It's a fucking internet poll, is it really important enough to call people to account on?

Let's go back to the old one then, before mods 'bullied', where race winners would get voted farce of the race, best GPs ever would be voted a 0 because Vettel won, and drivers like Chilton got driver of the race, purely for trolling. All we're asking is people actually be sensible. If it's too hard to be a grown up just for voting, then maybe the internet is not a place you should be.

Secondly, 'calling people out' isn't what's happening. You'll notice the admin here never posted the persons name. They asked for an explanation of the 5, then the person came forward. That's all that's being asked. Abu Dhabi 2012, Kals voted Alonso as farce of the race. It seemed bizarre, but once he posted his reason it made complete sense. Although Alonso would still not have gotten my vote for the farce, it was a justified vote and that's all that was asked.

Is it REALLY that hard?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You know names have been posted in the past when asking for explanations, even if they weren't in this thread. It doesn't matter how ridiculous someone's vote was, if it's an option in the poll then it's their choice, and offering an 'anonymous as long as we agree with you' poll just puts off a bad vibe that is well beneath a great forum like TBK.

You really think some twerp anonymously downvoting Vettel does more harm to this board than mods regularly exercising their power to point fingers at unpopular opinions? If you can't handle different opinions and anonymity, then maybe the internet is not a place you should be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:20 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Quote:
If you can't handle different opinions and anonymity, then maybe the internet is not a place you should be.

Different opinions is fine, as I posted (and was casually ignored, as always), if you're not trying to get a rise out of others. And this board is not anonymous. The only reason the poll is because the plugin does not support the username lists like vBulletin does. If you think this place is anonymous then you're on the wrong board and you're free to go elsewhere, as always.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

8. Don't get to watch many GPs so I'm glad I got to see this one. Awesome race. Nonstop battling right from the start, and great battles among teammates.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

9 awesome race!

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Abu Dhabi 2012, Kals voted Alonso as farce of the race. It seemed bizarre, but once he posted his reason it made complete sense. Although Alonso would still not have gotten my vote for the farce, it was a justified vote and that's all that was asked.

Actually I voted Vettel rather than Alonso. But the rest of your point is correct :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:51 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

9/10

Best Bahrain GP without a doubt. So much racing, particularly between teammates, with no contact. Watching Rosberg and Hamilton side by side many times was great. The DRS didn't create easy passes either.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scotty wrote:
You know what looks moronic, people voting zero. I did, because I am a moron. Voting zero will end the world as we know it, well, so people are making it seem.

But there is only one thing more moronic, that's people calling out people who voted zero. Looks incredibly stupid.

So admitting to trolling?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

News just in...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't even know what to say about Gaara's post.

Fucking hell, just don't offer the answers you don't want people to vote for. Then you'll never have to get your panties in a twist because someone made a vote that befuddles you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And then we get accused of being biased...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:30 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

kals wrote:
ellis wrote:
Abu Dhabi 2012, Kals voted Alonso as farce of the race. It seemed bizarre, but once he posted his reason it made complete sense. Although Alonso would still not have gotten my vote for the farce, it was a justified vote and that's all that was asked.

Actually I voted Vettel rather than Alonso. But the rest of your point is correct :thumbsup:

I thought you voted Alonso as Farce because Vettel started from last and finished 1 place behind Alonso, and your reasoning was Alonso should've used that oppertunity to gap Vettel and finishing 1 place ahead wasn't good enough when fighting for the championship?

Philthy82 wrote:
I don't even know what to say about Gaara's post.

Fucking hell, just don't offer the answers you don't want people to vote for. Then you'll never have to get your panties in a twist because someone made a vote that befuddles you.

This has been said quite a few times. Despite it being pointed out every single time, I'll say it again - the mods and admins DO NOT make the polls. If you don't want the options then talk to the man making the polls. All the staff are doing is stopping trolling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
kals wrote:
ellis wrote:

I thought you voted Alonso as Farce because Vettel started from last and finished 1 place behind Alonso, and your reasoning was Alonso should've used that oppertunity to gap Vettel and finishing 1 place ahead wasn't good enough when fighting for the championship?

You're probably getting me confused with someone else. I voted Vettel for farce of the race.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It shows a pretty poor opinion of your community (which is one of the best I've ever encountered on a forum) that you feel the need to call anyone out on what you see as a suspicious vote, regardless of their history. The fact Gaara went on to list NextDimensional's other anonymous race votes even after he explained his vote just goes beyond belief.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:56 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I gave this race a 9.
I have the 10 reserved for a race like this, but with a first-time winner with a last lap pass for the lead :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Philthy82 wrote:
It shows a pretty poor opinion of your community (which is one of the best I've ever encountered on a forum) that you feel the need to call anyone out on what you see as a suspicious vote, regardless of their history. The fact Gaara went on to list NextDimensional's other anonymous race votes even after he explained his vote just goes beyond belief.

I'm not commenting on posting/voting history, as I didn't do it, didn't ask for it to be done and had no part in it (that's between yourself and Gaara), however the point of "anonymous" does not fly. These are not anonymous votes. The only reason they are not listed in the poll is because this software does not support it. If it was vBulletin then it would be activated. This has been continually pointed out, and seems to be ignored.

The voting is no more anonymous than posting. If you're ashamed to have your voted choice next to your name, then you shouldn't be making that vote.