TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1168 169 170 171 172335 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:41 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
They actually voted to lift the ban in 2007 but it didn't pass the upper house of Parliament.

Yea it cyclically go back there every 5 years or so with same result everytime and now with all this green mentality around, the last chance has passed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

micha wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
micha wrote:
[quote="StanV"]

Sadly, that was disproven this year

Well, I did say "most". And honestly, the crash was kinda a freak accident. The car suddenly went left.

And then hit a tree. Not something that would happen at any current F1 track.

At any track, if the car suddenly steers to the left or right you will hit he pitwall if it happens on the starting straight.

The track is still safer than Monaco.[/quote]

Hitting a concrete wall is still quite different to hitting a tree. Impact with a concrete wall spreads the forces along the car, hitting a tree focuses all the force in one spot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Russia is apparently "under threat" next year because the organizers haven't agreed on a contract.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gd49 wrote:

Hitting a concrete wall is still quite different to hitting a tree. Impact with a concrete wall spreads the forces along the car, hitting a tree focuses all the force in one spot

I wouldn't recommend hitting either.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:46 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

According to SuomiF1.com, Kimi Räikkönen has already signed with Ferrari for 2014.

They claim to have reliable Italian (I guess that's a thing) source and the contract should be made public within a few weeks of time.

The article claims, that when Ferrari spokeman said to the Italian news office DPA that Ferrari “has no interest in the driver market right now” it was misinterpreted that they're not looking other options at the moment - since they already have signed two drivers.

Finnish article:
http://www.suomif1.com/2013/08/italialaislahde-kimi-raikkosella-jo-nimi-ferrari-sopimuksessa/

This has to be the weirdest silly season for a while, Räikkönen back to Ferrari, Alonso to Red Bull, Massa to Lotus, di Resta to Ferrari, Sainz to Toro Rosso...etc...

I blame FIA for this. Summer time should have a race in every two weeks! Now it's been all random after Canada.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:54 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

If Massa is out of Ferrari, he's out of F1.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Raikonen and Alonso in one team or Vettel and Alonso will produce just as much fireworks as the Hamilton/Alonso and Prost/Senna combo's did....

Either Vettel is also heading somewhere else, these rumors are false or someone lost their marbles while making the decision.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:08 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

micha wrote:
Raikonen and Alonso in one team or Vettel and Alonso will produce just as much fireworks as the Hamilton/Alonso and Prost/Senna combo's did....

Either Vettel is also heading somewhere else, these rumors are false or someone lost their marbles while making the decision.

I think the media houses have darts with drivers names and they throw them blindfolded on a wall with different teams on it. "Pirelli fixed the tires so no news about that. HEY! I know! Let's wrote an article of Damon Hill buying Marussia and Nick Heidfeld going for the seat!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OMG!!! Damon Hill is going to buy Marrussia?? Is Embasy also involved??

And I'd looooooooooove to see Quick Nick back man!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pirelli returning to WRC. Will it have any effect on their commitment to F1?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:30 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

micha wrote:

Alonso with either of those drivers will involve Alonso losing his shit and eventually being sacked. See: McLaren.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
micha wrote:

Alonso with either of those drivers will involve Alonso losing his shit and eventually being sacked. See: McLaren.

And I would love to see that again. *evil smile*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:23 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ellis wrote:
micha wrote:

I don't see that happening, Alonso has become way much calm and he seems to be thinking more about what he does, you can even see that in his recent races.
As you might already know ellis, I think that Alonso wasn't treated well by McLaren back in 2007 (Ron Dennis: "We race against Alonso, not against Kimi") throughout all the season.
With an equal treatment, Alonso will be fighting until he deserves his number 1- role.
I am not sure if he can get that far because Ferrari is Alonso's team (see Massa's results) and Red Bull is Vettel's team (see Webbers results), it will be difficult to change that.
But if Red Bull really pays for Fernando to go there, I hope that they will both receive equal treatment so we can have one of the best battles all-time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't agree with that in the slighest. If Alonso was being calmer and more thinking, then why would he be complaining about Ferrari and the team's performance at every occasion in the media over the past 18 months??

Alonso is the only driver in modern day F1 that needs help from a clearly defined number 2 driver. Alonso is the only driver in modern day F1 who requires the team he drives for to bend over backwards for everything he needs. And when he doesn't he throws a shit fit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kals wrote:
I don't agree with that in the slighest. If Alonso was being calmer and more thinking, then why would he be complaining about Ferrari and the team's performance at every occasion in the media over the past 18 months??

Alonso is the only driver in modern day F1 that needs help from a clearly defined number 2 driver. Alonso is the only driver in modern day F1 who requires the team he drives for to bend over backwards for everything he needs. And when he doesn't he throws a shit fit.

I agree that a driver shouldn't criticize the team publicly, but I think that many drivers would react like that, with high expectations to win the title since 2010. The reason for that is arguable.
I am seeing a driver who visits the factory and lives his life for Ferrari, who is getting tired of not seeing any results, he is also getting near the end of his career.

With that second part, they got Alonso to take up to the dominant Schumacher-era back in the 00's, with Massa signing a contract making him a number 2-driver. He obviously agreed with that, otherwise he would get a cockpit at Lotus or another team for sure, we know that he is capable to win the title.
Also, Alonso is just better than him, I think everyone saw that in the last years, so the team supports him more than Massa, I can see relations with Red Bull there.
I also see parallels with "Mark is too slow, get him out of the way..." and with "I'm much quicker than Felipe". It's called ambition and that is something that top-drivers like Vettel and Alonso need. That makes them different from the others and I don't see anything wrong with that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
teams are too afraid to happen a 2007 or a 1986, even with big money coming up from great media attention as they'll have a "dreamteam featuring best drivers since the end of schumacher era"

I would love to see top drivers fighting each other, as they'll do everything to win, much to teams dismay. But Alonso and Vettel aren't unfair when fighting for position, just regular moaning, if they're together we could expect record breaking points for constructors and amazing quali battles and so

edit: one more positive thing about it - Vettel domination could be delayed... or not :p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think Alonso would be very unwise to go to Red Bull, because it would only end badly. If there is one weakness with Alonso - in the car, that is - it's probably his qualifying pace. He's very good, but I don't see him as quick as Vettel or Hamilton over a single lap. Therefore I'd expect Vettel to always start a place ahead and get the strategic advantage. Remember that until 2009, Webber was regarded as being phenomenally quick over a single lap...

The irony of 2007 is that had he just kept his mouth shut and not become obsessed with Lewis, Alonso would have won the title anyway. And if he had a better manager - ie, like the Robertsons - then he could have been in a Red Bull for 2009 anyway!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Teams like Mercedes and Ferrari are the teams to be at for 2014. They develop their own engine and can start early with designing the car around the engine. Would be very stupid to leave them this year IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:04 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

kals wrote:

Agreed.

Alonso has not been kind on Ferrari when the results have not been sublime. While Kimi has not said a single negative thing about Ferrari or McLaren...or Lotus/Renault, Alonso has spend a tons of time in front of media to bash all of the three while he still was collecting the paychecks from them. It's been seven years since his last title, three of that has been spend with Ferrari, a team that was playing the game for him and for him alone. At this point of the season, it does not look too jolly for their 2013 campaign compared to last year, so maybe the team has done their math and wants to go with a different strategy for 2014. Next season is going to be different, since so many things with the cars are going to change. Ferrari doesn't want to have a repeat of 2009 and see two other team passing them in terms of overall performance.

So maybe the rumour has some base and Ferrari wants to go for the title with both arms, like in 2007 and 2008, instead of hoping that one driver could do that against power house teams like Mercedes, Red Bull and McLaren, with the underdog team Lotus being right up with them in the game.

Either way, I'd say that Räikkönen - Alonso would be much stable pair than Vettel - Alonso, since Kimi doesn't give a crap about mindgames, that seems to be Alonso's favorite part of the game. The most stable pair would probably be Vettel - Räikkönen out of these three pairs, though. But I don't see Alonso leaving Ferrari for 2014 really.

Kimi said that people might found out his choice weird and even stupid, but in the end it was his choice and he takes the responsibility for that. But about week earlier he said that his options are Red Bull and Lotus. Is Ferrari really in the mix? Or did Räikkönen chose to stay with Lotus, which people have doubted a lot or did he sign with Red Bull, which people said that he would be number 2 driver in the team OR did he sign with Ferrari, the team that spat him out, paid him to stay out for two years and allegedly sabotaged his 2008 campaign in the way to replace him with a bag of cash in hopes to get more titles in the way? All the three options have their stupid side, to be honest.

So...let's wait. Probably we end up having no big moves at all. Massa replaced with someone else from the midfield and that's about that, you know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Fish88 wrote:
Teams like Mercedes and Ferrari are the teams to be at for 2014. They develop their own engine and can start early with designing the car around the engine. Would be very stupid to leave them this year IMO.

yet we still have tires as important factor if Pirelli stay and keep supplying 3-4 pitstops rubber kind

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1168 169 170 171 172335 Next