TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 40 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Di Resta/Senna should definitely have been investigated though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

phil1993 wrote:
Comparing 2011 with 2012 is difficult as the rules have changed.

Alonso left space in 2011, Vettel did not.

I thought di Resta's move was just clumsy really.

It was clumsy, but so was Grosjean in Spa, which proves what we discussed at the time - the penalty he has been handed is more because he was unlucky enough to cause a large accident rather than a small one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Can we have EJ do the podium interviews in Singapore please?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:23 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
Grosjean clumsy? There is clumsy, on the other hand there is reckless. Grosjean over-stepped that line well and truly. Di Resta was 20 laps into a race, and did an accidental squeeze. Grosjean did a major chop on a driver he knew was around him (there are 23 others around him on the first lap) and it almost ended up in Alonso being decapitated.

That's a fair point, but the chop only applies if he knew what he was doing, which I don't think he did. I think his starts show that he has very poor awareness and I wouldn't call it reckless, as that implies he is doing this on purpose.

The resulting accident and who it involves should not be a factor. That is pure luck. Had Lewis held it (not suggesting he was at fault) and the accident not occured, Grosjean would've been given no penalty for the same crime.

The crime and rule violation should be what is being looked at, but the FIA is currently punishing incidents based on the outcome, rather than the violation and intent.

Edit: What's annoying me more is the yellow flag incident. We all seen it here, we all discussed it, it was all over Twitter. So we all knew it happened. We've also had GP2 and GP3 drivers penalised this week for it, and last week it was quite a serious issue with drivers ignoring it. Then we turn up here, a week after safety is a major issue and they ignored what everyone had already seen. I realise I'm on my soap box here, but the stewarding this week has been a complete disgrace only a week after things were meant to be tightened up after major safety issues.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's not a joke.

We only have Sector times. The stewards have more, believe me. They have very, very detailed timing. So the yellow flag zone will only be the first chicane. They may have back off there but been faster through Curva Grande, hence the personal best sector time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jake Humphrey just attacked Ted Kravitz :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
What is wrong with #Lewis #Hamilton? McLaren celebration photo, every member of the team cheering except him. Hello @LewisHamilton you WON!!

Interesting!

Ted really is an arse, isn't he

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well under BBC management Ted was enjoyable to watch as he was a friendly character. Under Sky he seems to have caught obnoxiousness off the others.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
Well under BBC management Ted was enjoyable to watch as he was a friendly character. Under Sky he seems to have caught obnoxiousness off the others.

My albeit brief experience of him is not positive.

Also interesting to hear what Martin said - we have no 2013 calendar or Concorde Agreement yet. I think it's going to get messy soon, politically...

Also (again), great to hear Nigel Roebuck on Sky. He's a complete legend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh if only that race was a few more laps.. or if Mclaren had a slow pitstop. I'd really like to see Perez get a win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The incident between Senna and di Resta earlier in the race was actually quite similar to this one:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

didn't knew that twilight actor, the vampire, was racing for grosjean at monza

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:42 pm 

Somebody, on atlas, reported this:

Quote:
Just got back to my hotel and had to post this.

Never, in 25 years of going to GPs, have I witnissed a reception like Lewis got this afternoon. Standing on the track at the podium ceremony, and there were whistles, boos, and plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of monkey noises and racist phrases being thrown out.

I was so looking forward to Monza as I thought it would be a place (like Silverstone) with educated and articulate F1 fans without the corporate feel of Bahrain etc. It was full of imbeciles and wouldnt recommend it again.

Seeing Fernando win at Silverstone - yes the crowd were a bit down, but he still got a polite round of applause.

Just really disapointed that it ruined a great weekend for a British F1 fan. Speaking to some Fins and Germans on the way out, and they were also very shocked by it. Seems like the Tifosi are a 'different breed' to the British F1 fan along with the vast majority of Europe.
I genuinely wouldnt normally post things like this (I mean I have had some bad experiences in Spain but didnt want to start a fire so to speak). But I cant stress enough - it was a massive majority of the crowd. Really stunned and disappointed. Felt sorry for the decent Italian fans there. A woman next to me was almost in tears saying she was so ashamed of her countrymen. She wanted Alonso to say something to calm them down, but he was too busy lording his glorious third place.

:(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:42 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Just to get on my soapbox for a minute, but I think today finally proved that the "easy passes" people have been pinning on DRS have actually been down to tyres more than anything.

Quite a lot today we saw cars on fresher tyres simply driving by the car in front, DRS zone or not.
Also a few times we saw the DRS not really doing much until the drivers crossed the start/finish line and got a Kers recharge.

I might quitely roll my eyes when it comes up again in the future because it comes up every damn time there's a pass in a DRS zone but DRS is clearly not the free pass some people think it is.

Anyway, currently editing the F1inPubscast but the consensus from around the locations this week was that the penalty was fair enough, especially after the rule clarification about leaving a cars width when defending which didn't really happen.

My own personal view was that it was boderline and shouldn't have deserved a penalty, however I obviously knew they would penalise it.
As I've said before, there's always a big difference between what we, the fans think should be penalised VS what the FIA actually decide.

Great drive for Perez though, star of the show by far. +10 places and also the overtake of the race on Kimi at turn 1 (once he got it right! :p ) and actually got to pass Fernando this time. Superb.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:
Anyway, currently editing the F1inPubscast.

I love that name.

If you pay me £20,000, I will advertise that all over Twitter and the site. :p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:53 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

phil1993 wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Anyway, currently editing the F1inPubscast.

I love that name.

If you pay me £20,000, I will advertise that all over Twitter and the site. :p

If there was any money in the damn thing, I'm sure Bernie's lawyers would be all over it shot :lol:

So yeah, I can offer retweets and kind words and a plug on the podcast for our favourite journalist but as soon as money changes hands we're both doomed :lol:

Or you could just come down to the damn pub and then we'd have to mention you :p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Haha :lol:

That's the issue with anything isn't it? Money. You try and preserve it and they, who, a hundred odd pounds has gone. Ironically, it cost me more to go to Autosport last week than the British Grand Prix!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
(...)
I was so looking forward to Monza as I thought it would be a place (like Silverstone) with educated and articulate F1 fans without the corporate feel of Bahrain etc. It was full of imbeciles and wouldnt recommend it again.

That's a pretty naive belief from this guy to be honest. Of course these Tifosi know how to cheer and to celebrate and provide quite an unique atmosphere. BUT if some of the Ferrari championship "rivals" retire, crash out or something they show some massive unsporting behaviour. Remember when Mika spun of in 1999. The reaction of the crowd was unbelivable. That's nothing unusual there, it has always been this way. And it is also part of this unique atmosphere.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't think he is against that. I think he's more disappointed with the racist abuse, as you should be.

You can't paint all fans with the same brush, and equally can't say that British fans or German fans are all holy and angelic, because it isn't true. But if you're talking about racist abuse, well...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
I don't think he is against that. I think he's more disappointed with the racist abuse, as you should be.

You can't paint all fans with the same brush, and equally can't say that British fans or German fans are all holy and angelic, because it isn't true. But if you're talking about racist abuse, well...

Read my post carefully again, did I even quote this racist part!?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 787 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 40 Next