TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1114 115 116 117 118261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Track looks decent to drive if that f1 2012 video is roughly accurate to what the track is actually like. Seems a lot like the Indian Track.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Quote:
Kubica undergoes surgery to damaged elbow
By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 09:21 GMT

Robert Kubica has undergone surgery in order to improve the mobility of his arm following his accident last year.

The Pole, who continues recovering from the horrific crash he was involved in during a rally at the start of last year, had surgery at the Pederzoli hospital at the end of last month, when parts of his elbow were replaced with two prosthesis.

According to the doctor in charge of the operation, that will allow Kubica to fully handle the steering wheel of a car.

The doctor also said that the Polish driver had been carrying out tests in a simulator prior to the operation.

"This way the driver will be able to fully handle the steering wheel, while before he was unable to rotate the palm down, so he was forced to release the steering wheel in order to turn left," head surgeon Ruggero Testoni was quoted as saying by Italian media.

"The surgery was preceded by a series of tests in a car simulator. It will take at least one month in order to stabilize."

Will he return to F1? I think not. Tbh, if I would be a fan of his, I would be outraged by how he never gives updates on his situation.
Besides, I don't miss him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:09 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

I don't feel that's what being a fan is about. Yes, it might be nice or comforting to know how he is getting on, but this isn't a public fight like the GP, this is Robert's own personal fight for his own fitness and emblematic of the 24 hour news coverage in which we live in, along with things like Twitter, it's created people who need to know everything as it happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Tobias wrote:
Quote:
Kubica undergoes surgery to damaged elbow
By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 09:21 GMT

Robert Kubica has undergone surgery in order to improve the mobility of his arm following his accident last year.

The Pole, who continues recovering from the horrific crash he was involved in during a rally at the start of last year, had surgery at the Pederzoli hospital at the end of last month, when parts of his elbow were replaced with two prosthesis.

According to the doctor in charge of the operation, that will allow Kubica to fully handle the steering wheel of a car.

The doctor also said that the Polish driver had been carrying out tests in a simulator prior to the operation.

"This way the driver will be able to fully handle the steering wheel, while before he was unable to rotate the palm down, so he was forced to release the steering wheel in order to turn left," head surgeon Ruggero Testoni was quoted as saying by Italian media.

"The surgery was preceded by a series of tests in a car simulator. It will take at least one month in order to stabilize."

Will he return to F1? I think not. Tbh, if I would be a fan of his, I would be outraged by how he never gives updates on his situation.
Besides, I don't miss him.

What right do fans have to be outraged?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:25 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

*facepalm* Tobias

I for one miss Robert a lot, he was a joy to watch on the circuit and always gave the best of him.
He was a nice guy and I'm sure a lot of people at Lotus miss him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 pm 

well, it's how I feel about it. Outrage is a big word perhaps, but I would be left disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Tobias is right. He doesn't have to be like "wakin up, now making some coffee with my left hand (oh wait)" on Twitter all the time, but I would have expected at least 2 or 3 sentences from him in the past 16 months. His fans deserve that, don't they?

edit: apparently the track owners have founded a FOPA.
Just got a german source, though:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 60609.html

They apparently are worried about the FIA who keeps changing the rules all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Should be more worried about Bernie asking more money all the time. :(

Oh, and I read something about no French GP, because of the new minister of sports. Good news for Spa, or not?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

On one side, you have racing fans who potentially can't be arsed to look in the proper sites (even the polish) to get updates on their driver's condition.

On the other hand, you have a man recovering from horrific injuries and wondering whether his life as a racing driver is over.

Now let me see... Who is being selfish here... Difficult to say...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think it's difficult. We live in an era where we demand information regularly. Throughout 2011, Kubica's manager was still attempting to keep him in the game.

I think it'd be nice if we had one or two photos + a press release, as no news is usually bad news. But at the end of the day, it's his life and he needs to focus on recovering. If that means there's no information so be it. It is slightly frustrating for me as Kubica is hugely popular so people sometimes tweet 'Do you have any info on Kubica'. I'd like to know, but it's his choice and I respect it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 pm 

good news for an electric atmosphere come July :thumbsup:

Quote:
British Grand Prix close to selling out
6 June 2012

Tickets for this year's British Grand Prix at Silverstone are close to selling out, with less than 5,000 three-day passes available for the popular race in early July. Farm Curve, Vale, Village and the new Luffield Complex are still on offer, although the remaining seats in all four stands are expected to be snapped up in the near future.

If you only wish to visit the track on Sunday, just over 1,000 tickets remain. Vale and Farm Curve are the two seating areas yet to reach full capacity for race day.

"With just five weeks to go until the British Grand Prix, it’s looking likely that the event will sell out in advance. Having built new grandstands and increased General Admission areas we are now able to accommodate 125,000 on race day - 3,500 more than last year," said Silverstone's Managing Director Richard Phillips.

"There are only a limited number of three-day and race day tickets left, so we really would urge anyone planning on coming to Silverstone to book their tickets as soon as possible. It’s been an incredible start to the season - hopefully we’ll see a British driver win his home race and celebrating on the top step of the podium."

Tickets for the event are still available through our official supplier Sportstadium.com.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

coldtyre wrote:
On one side, you have racing fans who potentially can't be arsed to look in the proper sites (even the polish) to get updates on their driver's condition.

On the other hand, you have a man recovering from horrific injuries and wondering whether his life as a racing driver is over.

Now let me see... Who is being selfish here... Difficult to say...

if you mean me, I said nothing about selfish. Show me an interview of Kubica which took place in the past 16 months and I will say nothing anymore :thumbsup: I know the "interviews" on the polish sites and I actually can be "arsed" to look in the proper sites, you know? :lol:
But who does tell me that it was really him talking?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The photos of the America circuit looked pretty cool, especially with all the elevation changes. It had a little bit of an A1-Ring feel about it. Sadly, the video looked a little bit dull. It might look far better in reality. I just don't understand why every modern circuit has to be so wide. Spa, Monza, Suzuka... They're so narrow in comparison, and maybe that gives it a faster feel or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding acopip, I didn't mean you (or any member here really), I was speaking generally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Autosport Magazine wrote:
Robert Kubica continues to move closer to a racing comeback, but he faces a battle to make sure that he can return to the cockpit of a Formula 1 car.

The 2008 Canadian Grand Prix winner, who suffered serious injuries to the right-hand side of his body in a rally crash in early 2011, has made enough progress in recent months to allow him to get back behind the wheel. Two months ago he drove rally cars from Skoda and Renault, and sources close to him have revealed that the injuries to his right leg – on which he re-opened a fracture with a fall in January – have healed particularly well.

Recent rally tests went better than expected. Kubica had driven some of the roads before in the Clio S2000, and after quickly matching the times he had set in the past, he was able to better them. As far as he was concerned, a point had been proven.

However, AUTOSPORT understands that the reason he chose to drive a rally car rather than a single-seater or Formula 1 simulator is because he is still fighting to regain full mobility in his right arm, which remains the final obstacle in his
impressive recovery. The rally cars, which were left-hand drive, enabled the 27-year-old more freedom to move his arm than a cramped single-seater cockpit would. The driving position required in an F1 car leaves the elbow almost stuck
between a driver’s hip and the side of the chassis. This means that most of his movement has to come from the wrist and the forearm – the two areas in which Kubica is having to work hardest during his recovery. His recent rally tests prompted a lot of speculation about his recovery. But even inaccurate reports about his condition will not prompt Kubica to break his decision to avoid speaking publicly about his progress. He surprised many people by not attending last month’s Monaco Grand Prix, despite living in the Principality. His absence was partly down to the fact that he has no interest in attending a grand prix when he is not able to compete, but also because he has vowed not to speak about his return until a comeback is definitely on the cards.

“What’s the point of me talking to the press knowing that I wouldn’t be able to reply to the first question they asked?” said Kubica. “They would say to me, ‘So Robert, when are you coming back?’ And I wouldn’t know what to tell them.”
His desire to avoid putting a timeframe on his recovery is also one of the key reasons that he has shied away from talk of driving an F1 simulator, and why he refuses to be drawn on when he hopes to come back. In the first weeks and months after his accident there was often talk of when he was likely to return, but he was uncomfortable with that
because he does not want to rush his recovery, or try to start racing again before he is back to his best.

People close to the Pole report that his morale is still high and his passion for motorsport is strong enough that he will return to racing even if he is never able to compete in F1 again. Some of his closest friends in the paddock are also surprised at the constant level of interest in his condition in the F1 paddock, especially given that drivers are normally quickly forgotten once they are no longer a feature on race weekends.

Kubica has yet to be told by a doctor that he will definitely be able to return to the pinnacle of the sport, but nor has he been told at any point that it is impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:56 pm 

Thank you for that article

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Na na na na. Wahey. Goodbye
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100172

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bahar-haha-haha-haha-haha :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave: :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Next stop; DeLorean of Texas.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1114 115 116 117 118261 Next