TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1107 108 109 110 111125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

webbsy wrote:
That helmet cam is glorious. I love seeing him hacking away at the steering wheel, blazing engine behind him, watching him give it pretty much full beans, clear view ahead of him, and then, hearing the delight in his voice at the end.

I know I have established that I am an out of touch F1 dinosaur, but after watching that video, I will state it, not all progress is good progress. Imagine a grid full of fully competent and professional teams like we have now racing these things.....

You have a point

But I also know for a fact that when this was the cutting edge of F1 technology, there were out of touch f1 dinosaurs saying "to hell with this aerodynamiced, monster engined, slicked tyred thing, gimme back the 60s cross ply tyred, no aero at all, steel wheeled, powersliding, monza slipstreaming machines, that was TRUE F1!!!

Everything has its time, and everything ends. We can't go back but we can just appreciate what we've got, even if it's a series of diminishing returns, there's still enough fun to be had to make it all worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

i can appreciate less drivers dying. and i think the new regs are actually heading in a positive direction for the on track racing product (if they shorten the cars a few feet they'd be perfect).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[tweet]https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1582347108727738368[/tweet]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:23 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

:8:

Will it be streamed? :8:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Haas has found a new title sponsor in MoneyGram, starting next year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Moneygram? Kinda remember Moneytron, the classic scam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah. Name sounds shady but seems the company is as old as me. So got a good history

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

good to see is a money exchange company and not a money hoarder ponzi scheme

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

micha wrote:
Yeah. Name sounds shady but seems the company is as old as me. So got a good history

Western Union is even older (like, 130-odd years older) but they both seem to attract their share of international scammers.

Still, 200% more legitimate a company than their last title sponsor!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

gkmotorsport wrote:
micha wrote:

Western Union is even older (like, 130-odd years older) but they both seem to attract their share of international scammers.

Still, 200% more legitimate a company than their last title sponsor!

well, I mean my factory in Farming Sim 22 is more legit than Rich Energy :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... /10386746/

Looks like e-ink panels? Cool idea as long as it doesn't result in even more cars running black liveries to take advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:50 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

How long before it's hacked and it says "It's your boy, skinnypenis"* or something

*God I'm old, I'm stuck in the vine era, I'm not engaging with all this tiktok stuff though so vine memes is about as modern as I'll get!

Twitter:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-to-debut-innovative-dynamic-sponsor-logos-in-f1/10386746/

Looks like e-ink panels? Cool idea as long as it doesn't result in even more cars running black liveries to take advantage.

Honestly I am surprised that this hasn't come about earlier. The tech must have taken quite a bit to get the weight down, but it is interesting to note that it will be for practice only, as clearly the panels still weigh a bit. But with further development (to the point where they are like a thin film rather than a panel) I can see these draping the cars.

Think McLaren have opened up a giant advertising box here. I've always been baffled that the teams don't use those decals that change the image/text when viewed from different angles. One logo when the car is head on, and another when is side on, with a weird in between phase! Cool. Then just squint eyes and stare blankly for a bit, try to look past it....and wham.....the McLaren looks like a Red Bull....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder if Liberty tried to put their sponsors up where is the car sponsors on their onboards with that holographic paraphernalia they usually use on runoffs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Some procedural changes in light of the Suzuka fiasco...

Quote:
Ahead of this weekend’s United States Grand Prix, the following measures will be implemented.

- The FIA will message teams via the official messaging system to notify them that a recovery vehicle is on track. The team is then obliged to tell their drivers.
- A live VSC/Safety Car monitoring window will be developed. This will display the status of all cars on track, behind the Safety Car and in the pits.
- The governing body will “better define the allocation of tasks across the Race Control team”, such as the role of monitoring cars entering the pit lane under Safety Car conditions.
- The FIA Race Director will speak to the drivers during their regular post-Friday practice briefing.
- A new function will allow a change in the delta speed required for the driver to follow before and in the sectors where there is an incident. This would aid the drivers to know where incidents have been declared.
- There will be a review of penalty precedents for drivers not respecting the rules relating to yellow, double yellow, VSC and SC conditions will take place.
- An assessment of the current application of advertising boards, their construction, location and materials used to avoid the potential for them to being torn off and thrown on track, will take place.

In addition, Niels Wittich will permanently take on the role of Race Director for the final four remaining races in 2022, rather than sharing the position with Eduardo Freitas, who was in charge at Suzuka.

The FIA also said they will clarify the wording of the regulations regarding the race time limit and points distribution during the next review of the Sporting Regulations, after there was some confusion at Suzuka.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Y4CPn.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:46 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Could this mean Freitas is out for 2023?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:03 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Karan wrote:
Some procedural changes in light of the Suzuka fiasco...

Quote:
Ahead of this weekend’s United States Grand Prix, the following measures will be implemented.

- The FIA will message teams via the official messaging system to notify them that a recovery vehicle is on track. The team is then obliged to tell their drivers.
- A live VSC/Safety Car monitoring window will be developed. This will display the status of all cars on track, behind the Safety Car and in the pits.
- The governing body will “better define the allocation of tasks across the Race Control team”, such as the role of monitoring cars entering the pit lane under Safety Car conditions.
- The FIA Race Director will speak to the drivers during their regular post-Friday practice briefing.
- A new function will allow a change in the delta speed required for the driver to follow before and in the sectors where there is an incident. This would aid the drivers to know where incidents have been declared.
- There will be a review of penalty precedents for drivers not respecting the rules relating to yellow, double yellow, VSC and SC conditions will take place.
- An assessment of the current application of advertising boards, their construction, location and materials used to avoid the potential for them to being torn off and thrown on track, will take place.

In addition, Niels Wittich will permanently take on the role of Race Director for the final four remaining races in 2022, rather than sharing the position with Eduardo Freitas, who was in charge at Suzuka.

The FIA also said they will clarify the wording of the regulations regarding the race time limit and points distribution during the next review of the Sporting Regulations, after there was some confusion at Suzuka.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Y4CPn.html

So they're finally gonna force drivers to actually slow down under yellows :whistling:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:13 am 

I didn't think Freitas would last, he was a mupped in Sportcars and made some poor decisions here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-to-debut-innovative-dynamic-sponsor-logos-in-f1/10386746/

Honestly I am surprised that this hasn't come about earlier. The tech must have taken quite a bit to get the weight down, but it is interesting to note that it will be for practice only, as clearly the panels still weigh a bit. But with further development (to the point where they are like a thin film rather than a panel) I can see these draping the cars.

Think McLaren have opened up a giant advertising box here. I've always been baffled that the teams don't use those decals that change the image/text when viewed from different angles. One logo when the car is head on, and another when is side on, with a weird in between phase! Cool. Then just squint eyes and stare blankly for a bit, try to look past it....and wham.....the McLaren looks like a Red Bull....

In addition of being ridiculously over-engineered when you can just switch decals or bodywork between sessions, it's also not a step towards carbon neutrality.

It's just another gimmick of an insane, tech-obsessed society: engineering is not at the service of human needs, it's the opposite, ideas are being pushed onto the public/customers to create new needs you never knew you had. It's ridiculous, but it is also self-destructive, so I don't worry too much about it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:

ideas are being pushed onto the public/customers to create new needs you never knew you had. It's ridiculous, but it is also self-destructive, so I don't worry too much about it.

welcome to the advertising era, lol

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1107 108 109 110 111125 Next