TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 69101 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:27 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

So many things have changed over the past few weeks here at Zandvoort. The grandstands are huge, and also a lot of new facilities have been built, spectator fences have been moved (positively I have to add) and it all looks a little less shabby now with the freshly added paint. I'm wondering how it's going to look on TV, and also where FOM is going to put the cameras. Qualifying around here should be fun to watch for sure! Race would need a bit of rain imo, but that looks unlikely as of now. But you never know, weather has been highly unpredictable here lately.

Despite living in Zandvoort, and being able to see parts of the track from my room, I won't actually attend the GP this year as the general admission tickets have been cancelled. FOM better does a good job catching everything that'll happen at Scheivlak and Masters

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Apparently a judge will decide today if the Dutch gp will go ahead. Some environmentalist lunatics have protested and today is judgment day. Something about the co2 emissions in a nature reserve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:09 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

cookie wrote:
Apparently a judge will decide today if the Dutch gp will go ahead. Some environmentalist lunatics have protested and today is judgment day. Something about the co2 emissions in a nature reserve

I've been to said nature reserve and it is stunning. If there are laws like that in the Netherlands, I'm sure the owners/promoters of the circuit know about that, since it's not just there since yesterday. Either those respective laws and therefore the issue doesn't really exist or (in my opinion) the organizers would look a lot worse then the "environmentalist lunatics" for being stupid enough not to address this.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the best story about Zandvoort is that the main straight was built by the nazis as a trick by the mayor to build a track without the germans consent, but yet using their resources

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:41 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Having seen the process take place first hand, I live right next to said nature reserve, I can confidently say the circuit has taken quite a lot of liberties when it comes to laws and permits. The whole process of organising the event and rebuilding the track hasn't exactly followed the official path, and it's clear they have a great lobby behind them form within the different (local and province)-governments to straighten things up when they overstepped. A lot of work has been done without the right permits, which they only applied for after the work had finished. I can show you different places where they still don't have the permit for land-displacement or other works which already have taken place.

Whilst I don't agree with the way they took on this project (I love the racing, but I also love nature) I don't see the event being cancelled at this hour. The F1 isn't really the issue here, they've got the right licenses and permits to organise all of it. There is however a dispute over the nitrogen-emission permit they've got, which is what the current case is about. They didn't use relevant data to come up with an estimate of yearly emissions (which was beneficial to the track's exploitation), so new research into this subject has started. The nature reserve next to the track is however in pretty good shape when it comes to nitrogen (the one next to Assen is a lot worse for example), so even when their emission allowance gets adjusted the track will be well within the limits and they won't have an issue organising both the event and daily exploitation of the track.

We'll have to wait and see what the judge's verdict is going to be, but in short I don't think the environmental groups have a strong case here

Edit: verdict on Monday or Tuesday

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:09 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Isn't a member of the royal family a major shareholder of the circuit? No surprise some corners have been cut.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No judge will cancel it this close to the actual race.
There have been enough reasons to ban the race and it all got cleared by judges

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:38 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Fabs wrote:
Isn't a member of the royal family a major shareholder of the circuit? No surprise some corners have been cut.

That's right, Prince Bernhard Jr. is one of the owners, and obviously he's got a lot of connections.

Just read through the court case of today and completely agree with Micha, there's no way this is going to get cancelled. In fact, they didn't come up with anything new at all and the paperwork the organisers have are all fine. I don't expect any issues! Let's just hope the Max 'fans' will behave themselves and we could have a fun event :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:12 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Fabs wrote:

Track limits penalty for the royal family then :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

its basically one of the shittiest parts of the Dutch laws. People can simply go to court even after everything. Zandvoort jumped tru all the legal hoops and got their permits. Anyone objecting it had plenty of time to file their complaints.

IMHO every judge should throw out such lawsuits in an instant and fine the people filing the suit for wasting precious time unless they can bring proof the procedure was willingly rigged.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racefan wrote:
Fabs wrote:

Let's just hope the Max 'fans' will behave themselves and we could have a fun event :)

i'm just imagining the chaos of another silverstone incident between lewis and max :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:45 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racefan wrote:
Let's just hope the Max 'fans' will behave themselves and we could have a fun event :)

How in the hell Dutch fans keep getting away with setting off flares at any event they are involved in is beyond me. Call me a grumpy, old, stick in the mud man, but that is one of my pet hates.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racefan wrote:
So many things have changed over the past few weeks here at Zandvoort. The grandstands are huge, and also a lot of new facilities have been built, spectator fences have been moved (positively I have to add) and it all looks a little less shabby now with the freshly added paint. I'm wondering how it's going to look on TV, and also where FOM is going to put the cameras. Qualifying around here should be fun to watch for sure! Race would need a bit of rain imo, but that looks unlikely as of now. But you never know, weather has been highly unpredictable here lately.

Despite living in Zandvoort, and being able to see parts of the track from my room, I won't actually attend the GP this year as the general admission tickets have been cancelled. FOM better does a good job catching everything that'll happen at Scheivlak and Masters

Have they altered the character of the place? I really like watching your crash videos of the place. Sooo many lolz and people running just a tad wide and bam, into the armco for you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
racefan wrote:

How in the hell Dutch fans keep getting away with setting off flares at any event they are involved in is beyond me. Call me a grumpy, old, stick in the mud man, but that is one of my pet hates.

I'm in the same boat. I dont understand how dumb you must be to think its a good thing to fill the track with smoke.
While I long for Max to win the championship and would be furious if he crashes out because of it I would also laugh at the same time because those idiots just spend a shitload of money on tickets to see Max and then are responsible for him to crash out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:50 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

webbsy wrote:
racefan wrote:

Have they altered the character of the place? I really like watching your crash videos of the place. Sooo many lolz and people running just a tad wide and bam, into the armco for you.

I actually think they did a really good job when it comes to that! The most important corners for me, Scheivlak and Masters, are still pretty much the same. Turn 3 has got a completely new dynamic to it, now being banked, but it has opened up a lot more overtaking opportunities in the lower-speed series for sure. I'm curious to see what line the F1 guys are going to take through there, as in pretty much every series we've had here so far the highest line through there has been the fastest.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:13 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

At least Scheivlak corner is back. That thing is the closest we have to the old 130R. Should be a real challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:59 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
check out all the grandstands around Zandvoort for the Fanboy GP

IF you're going to insult a whole country, please at least use the proper name for the event:

Formule 1 Dutch Grand Prix van Fanboys :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:35 pm 

;)

potential schedule issues coming, Turkey, Mexico and Brazil are red zones

Mugello will be back

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Excellent. Mugello and Imola should both have permanent place in the calendar. I mean, there were 3 races in the US in 1982, so why not in Italy?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Perez confirmed to stay at RB

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2015 posts ]  Go to page Previous 165 66 67 68 69101 Next