TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Caution out for Tyler Riddick. look like he came in contact with the wall.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reddick got the wall, caution.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And that was a caution for Hamlin wasn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well that confirms it just came out to help Hamlin.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

These
Cars
Are
Trash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Logano just knew where to put his car to upset Harvick's aero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It was a fascinating battle between Logano and Harvick. I felt like NBC's announcers and the production team did a great job with it between the analysts talking about strategy and also listening in on both driver's sponsors. I just wish the dirty air didn't have such an affect on the second place car. I think the dirty air cost Harvick the race. Logano did a great job of doing what he could to keep Harvick from making a move to pass him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Texas next week. It could literally not get any worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's just sad to see. If that race was held with the gen-4, Harvick would've closed up to Joey's bumper to try and get him loose and cost him some speed to initiate a move. That's something you can't even dream of with these cars because you'll lose so much front grip even before you get within six feet of him that you'll have to back off, like Harvick had to.

This is how it should be, a simple valance front end that doesn't need to be flush all the time in order for the car to drive properly. Yet even the next-gen car will have a splitter. Why this obsession with the splitter I just don't understand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SB83 wrote:
This is how it should be, a simple valance front end that doesn't need to be flush all the time in order for the car to drive properly. Yet even the next-gen car will have a splitter. Why this obsession with the splitter I just don't understand.

From what NASCAR has said, they are going with a splitter again because they determined that (with the knowledge teams have about aero nowadays compared to how the cars used to be 20 years ago), the splitter turns out to be less aero-sensitive than the valence. The next gen car will have a two step splitter that's raised through the entire center section so they won't be able to seal the nose off against the ground like the current splitter too, so hopefully that helps with the aero sensitivity as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dan Belcher wrote:
SB83 wrote:

From what NASCAR has said, they are going with a splitter again because they determined that (with the knowledge teams have about aero nowadays compared to how the cars used to be 20 years ago), the splitter turns out to be less aero-sensitive than the valence. The next gen car will have a two step splitter that's raised through the entire center section so they won't be able to seal the nose off against the ground like the current splitter too, so hopefully that helps with the aero sensitivity as well.

Yea, curious to see how that raised in the middle splitter works out. But of course, I only mentioned the splitter because that's where it all starts. The other half of the problem is the are the big rear quarter panels that extend almost all the way down to the ground and generate huge sideforce that keep the cars so well planted when running by themselves but work against the driver when he's inside another car in the turns. And the huge rear bumpers too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tristar 7AT wrote:
What a sign of the times when the percentage of airbornez is more than 0 and we aren’t past the first page.

Goodwood, Petit Le Mans and Bathurst on the same day will do that for ya.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

SB83 wrote:
Dan Belcher wrote:
SB83 wrote:

Yea, curious to see how that raised in the middle splitter works out. But of course, I only mentioned the splitter because that's where it all starts. The other half of the problem is the are the big rear quarter panels that extend almost all the way down to the ground and generate huge sideforce that keep the cars so well planted when running by themselves but work against the driver when he's inside another car in the turns. And the huge rear bumpers too.

The rear of the cars has been my bugbear for years.