TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1103 104 105 106 107113 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so we need to bash democracy away from F1

bring back Bernie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
so what about limiting the electricity use by racing teams, if they use more that 1 GWh per month their power are shut and they can't work their CFDs and wind tunnels

They would secretly build their own boilers to make high pressure steam from burning puppies to spin some big ass generator turbines.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bobby K has an offer from Williams.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13994 ... m-williams

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:32 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

RtN wrote:
Another file from the 'Liberty don't know what they are doing' vault.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13990 ... ilverstone

Presumably no-one has told them there isn't any other circuit that is able to or would want to host the event (London is a pipe dream and nothing more), and that everyone else already knows this, so the threat is a bluff.

Yeah, I'm struggling to see many British cities that would have the budget, status and motivation to host F1. London and Manchester are both run by soft left Labour mayors who would not be willing to do it for political reasons. Similarly, Leeds and Liverpool wouldn't, and I doubt the Scottish Government would be happy to have it in Edinburgh or Glasgow. In Cardiff the council's too busy selling the city off to property developers, and the Welsh Government got burnt with the Circuit of Wales so will be staying away from any big projects like this. The only remaining option of any significance and viability is Birmingham, but we all know about the opposition there

What I can see happening is a deal being agreed in principle with either Birmingham or some vapid soulless part of Greater London (like the Docklands), then a backlash from locals, the mayor getting cold feet, and Liberty being forced to turn back to Silverstone for another 10 years or so, then we'll go through the process all over again...

I don't think they would be stupid enough to drop it altogether - I know we've had seasons without some of the classics in the past, but the British GP is a lot more important than Germany or France, primarily for political reasons because so many of the teams are based here and base their seasons around it in the same way they do with Monaco. In that sense, it's one of three races that's pretty much undroppable

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:06 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Even ifLondon was still run by the Tories i doubt they'd go for it, still they could do a deal with the City of London and hold the race somewhere in that little area since its technically a municipal of its own separate from the rest of us and they have no problems shutting the roads on a whim for other events.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There's always the Snaeffel Mountain Course, that's a good venue for F1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pietro Fittipaldi has been announced as Haas F1's new test driver
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PiFitti/status/1060991473326256128[/tweet]

-

Neat to see someone who raced here locally & is based here presently get a shot in F1 (even in a reserve role). Not many racers in open wheelers can say they won a track championship at Hickory

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:

AMuS reporting that the signature will be applied this week and that Ocon will be parked somewhere more befitting his skill level - the Mercedes simulator.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:19 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

RtN wrote:
RtN wrote:

AMuS reporting that the signature will be applied this week and that Ocon will be parked somewhere more befitting his skill level - the Mercedes simulator.

*bad tast* IF KUBICA CAN EVEN SIGN ANYTHING AT ALL...AMIRITE?? *taps mic* Is this thing on? *bad tast*

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:08 am 

RtN wrote:
RtN wrote:

The idea that Ocon deserves to lose an F1 seat (despite an excellent career up until this point) due to making one mistake that impacted one race is about as ridiculous and hyperbolic as I would expect from this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kowhai wrote:
RtN wrote:
RtN wrote:

The idea that Ocon deserves to lose an F1 seat (despite an excellent career up until this point) due to making one mistake that impacted one race is about as ridiculous and hyperbolic as I would expect from this forum.

TBH, I dont think Ocon is all that great and I feel Mercedes are feeling the same way. He had some good drives but it was arguably in the 4th best car on the grid and lately his performance seem to stagnate.

IMHO, if Mercedes truly believed in him, he would not be out of a seat for 2019. They either gave Williams or whatever Racing Point Force India is called next year a massive discount to put him on one of their cars.
He'll likely go the way of Wehrlein and get his contract terminated in 2019 and is a free agent in 2020.

Of course I could be completely wrong and the Mercedes Junior program is a giant clusterfuck.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:32 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In defense to Kubica...KMag is an idiot.

Also yes all the hysteria around Ocon is ridiculous, just a couple of weeks ago it was a travesty that he won't be on the grid next year, and now after a boneheaded move against a stubborn cock he is suddenly not worthy of a seat?? Bloody hell, has everyone been replaced by their 13 year old selves?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My tongue was somewhat in my cheek regarding Ocon. I should've used a smiley.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Someday we will only communicate with emoji's :( .....or GIFS. I prefer GIFS.

:mrbean:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kowhai wrote:

a mistake that helped Mercedes a lot, so Toto might be doing a pat on his back saying "good job, kid"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:42 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

webbsy wrote:

Also yes all the hysteria around Ocon is ridiculous, just a couple of weeks ago it was a travesty that he won't be on the grid next year, and now after a boneheaded move against a stubborn cock he is suddenly not worthy of a seat?? Bloody hell, has everyone been replaced by their 13 year old selves?

Wecome to 21st century. FB and twitter are breeding a bunch of idiots. There was little to none fallout when Verstappen wiped out Montoya in 2001 but now Ocon/Verstappen is like the end of the world and big deal in 2018. It's quite frankly pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Interlagos incident is not enough to change my impression that Ocon does deserve a seat next year.

But I don't think his reputation and his future at F1 will be left unharmed. Remember, Bernoldi had his bridges in F1 burnt by Ron Dennis after Monaco 2001 when he kept Coulthard behind him for most of the race - in other words, when he did his job as a racer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Vassago wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Wecome to 21st century. FB and twitter are breeding a bunch of idiots. There was little to none fallout when Verstappen wiped out Montoya in 2001 but now Ocon/Verstappen is like the end of the world and big deal in 2018. It's quite frankly pathetic.

....you should've been in my house.
There was very much a fallout lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

EAS wrote:
Interlagos incident is not enough to change my impression that Ocon does deserve a seat next year.

But I don't think his reputation and his future at F1 will be left unharmed. Remember, Bernoldi had his bridges in F1 burnt by Ron Dennis after Monaco 2001 when he kept Coulthard behind him for most of the race - in other words, when he did his job as a racer.

I'm not so sure about that. I doubt the other team bosses pay as much attention to Christian Horner's hypocritical rants as much as you think :p I would think the majority of the paddock by now has recognized the raw potential in a driver like Ocon who should have a long future in F1 if the commercial aspects line up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Horner certainly didn't strike through Vettel's name when he wrecked Webber out of potentially Red Bull's first victory at Fuji in '07.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1103 104 105 106 107113 Next